Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your favorite Studio recordings/albums? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are your favorite Studio recordings/albums?
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post any non-live musical recordings that turn you on. Discuss influences, taping techniques, mixing technologies or styles here.

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites in Pink Floyd: Meddle

Others include:
Marvin Gaye -What's going on? (Half of the defensive line for the Detroit Lions is singing background on this album, he knew them and they partied together,)

I have a reggae/dub version of Pink Floyd -Dark side of the Moon, (yes, some reggae dudes covered Floyd,) it's interesting and it actually WORKS.
Also, Rebuild The Wall, done in Honky-Tonk by some dudes. I wasn't a huge fan of The Wall, but it's entertaining, nonetheless.

Another recording I just love is Public Enemy -Fear of a Black Planet
I heard it said that it is the "Sgt. Peppers of hip-hop", and I agree. It is, to me, the very culmination f what hip-hop has to offer.
It's got lyrics that flow smoothly, great samples, and the chemistry of that group at that time is wholly evident here. Chuck D, Ice Cube, Terminator X and Flavor-Flav? c'mon!
Good stuff here.

--------------------

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrmustard   Email mrmustard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no particular order... of course a list like this changes from time to time:

Queen II (Queen)
Revolver (Beatles)
Electric Ladyland (Hendrix)
The Clash (The Clash)
The New York Dolls (The N Y. Dolls)
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (Bowie)
Three Snakes and One Charm (The Black Crowes)
Surfer Rosa (Pixies)
The Great Escape (Blur)
Differtent Classs (Pulp)
Never Mind the Bollocks here´s the (Sex Pistols)

Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrmustard   Email mrmustard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Let it Bleed and Exile on Main Street, by the Stones...
Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2 X 4
Major Player
Member # 2886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2 X 4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, a whole bunch of albums, some you might not have even heard of:

Egg Egg
" The Polite Force
Herbie Hancock The Prisoner
" Maiden Voyage
" Mwandishi: The Complete Warner Brothers Recordings
" Sextant
" Headhunters
Eugene McDaniels Headless Heroes Of the Apocalypse
" Outlaw
Nels Cline The Inkling
Stew The Naked Dutch Painter And Other Songs
Alex Cline Sparks Fly Upward
Stereolab Dots and Loops
Tortoise TNT
" Standards
Grateful Dead Anthem Of the Sun (technically, more of a live album, but assembled in the studio from many live and studio recordings)
" Aoxomoxoa
Yes Fragile
" Close To the Edge
" Relayer
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer Tarkus
Genesis Nursery Cryme
" Foxtrot
Gentle Giant Three Friends
" In A Glass House
" The Power And the Glory
" Free Hand
Hatfield And the North Hatfield And the North
Agitation Free Malesch
" 2nd
Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced?
" Axis: Bold As Love
" Electric Ladyland
Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited
Divine Styler Spiral Walls Containing Autumns of Light
Pink Floyd A Saucerful of Secrets
" Ummagumma
" Meddle
Stevie Wonder Talking Book
" Innervisions
Marvin Gaye What's Going On?
Miles Davis Kind of Blue
" Nefertiti
" Miles In the Sky
" The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions
" The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions
" The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions
" On The Corner
Les McCann An Invitation to Openess
" Layers
John Coltrane Africa Brass: Volumes 1 And 2
" Crescent
" A Love Supreme: Deluxe Edition
" Sun Ship
" Transition
" First Meditation
" Meditations
" Interstellar Space
" Expression
" Stellar Regions
Stark Reality Now
Love Forever Changes
L.A. Carnival Would Like To Pose A Question
The Mothers of Invention Absolutely Free
" We're Only In It For the Money
" Burnt Weeny Sandwich
" Weasels Ripped My Flesh
Mahavishnu Orchestra The Inner Mounting Flame
" Birds of Fire
" The Lost Trident Sessions
Weather Report Weather Report
" I Sing The Body Electric
" Sweetnighter
" Mysterious Traveler
Joe Zawinul Zawinul
Wayne Shorter Supernova
" The Odyssey of Iska
Eberhard Weber The Colors of Chole
John Abercrombie Timeless
Charles Lloyd Voice In the Night
" Lift Every Voice
Dwight Trible Living Water
Soul-Junk 1958
Build An Ark Peace With Every Step
Morton Subotnick Silver Apples Of the Moon/The Wild Bull
" The Electronic Works: Volume 1
William S. Fischer Circles
Jeff Parker Like-Coping
" The Relatives
Isotope 217 Who Stole the I Walkman?
Cut Chemist Rare Equations
Gil Scott-Heron Pieces Of A Man
Larry Young Mothership
" Unity
" Lawrence of Newark
Kool And The Gang Kool And The Gang
Tony Williams' Lifetime Emergency
" Turn It Over
" Ego
Catalyst The Funkiest Band You Never Heard
Freddie Hubbard Sky Dive
" Red Clay
Donald Byrd Electric Byrd
Andrew Hill Lift Every Voice
" Passing Ships
McCoy Tyner Tender Moments
" The Real McCoy
" Asante
Chick Corea Now He Sings, Now He Sobs
" The Complete Is Sessions
Circle Early Circle
Miroslav Vitous Mountains In the Clouds
Bobby Hutcherson Total Eclipse
" Medina
" Now!
" San Francisco
Eddie Harris Silver Cycles
" Free Speech
Soft Machine Two
various artists The Funky 16 Corners
various artists Pulp Fusion
various artists The Music of Eric Von Essen, Vols. 1-3
various artists Wheedle's Groove--Rare Soul and Funk From Seattle, 1967-75
various artists King Funk

[ March 24, 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: 2 X 4 ]

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to say that I think this is a very cool topic for a thread, and that the only reason I'm not offering my list of favorites is because it would be several times longer than 2 X 4's list. LOL! I'm having fun reading everybody else's choices though.

[Cheers]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenPHH
All Pro Poster
Member # 3398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenPHH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The past few weeks I've been getting into Slayer.

I know most of you aren't into that sort of stuff (see thread about vomiting in mic).

But these New England winters can really get to you.

My favorites change day to day.

--------------------
Our Site
Our Clip Store
Our Free Vids

Posts: 838 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

i forgot to mention Pet Sounds (Beach Boys). That yeah yeah yeah´s album ("fever to tell")is pretty damn good, also...
tasm
Major Player
Member # 3081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasm   Email tasm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Back in black,2. pyromania,--3.piece of mind--4. escape "by journey"--5-hysteria--6-who's next by "the who"--7-master of puppets--8-led zeppelin 2--9-diary of a madman--10-for those about to rock we salute you-- 11-I know this may sound strange but i like "invasion of your privacy" by ratt--12-stay hungry from twisted sister--13-defenders of the faith by judas priest--and all of the beatles.

--------------------
women's feet are so awesome!!!!!!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

LOL stevenPHH, I moved down to GA 2 yrs. ago, to escape the long, frozen, yucky winters New England has to offer...
It is funny you shoud mention Slayer at this time of year, because March through the end of April, I would dig out all of my Metallica albums, (NOT anything after Master of Puppets,) along with Flotsam and Jetsam, Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, you name it...
Anything hard as hell to get my juices flowing until warm weather was there...
Just so you know, since I've been here, my temperment has lightenend somewhat...
Example: The daffodils are flowered here, and the tulips are on their way, and some of the trees are budding.
DAFFODILS?!? TULIPS?!?
You would not catch me digging that back home this time of year, I'd be banging my head and smoking too much weed to pass the time instead of playing outside and enjoying daffodils...
I talked to my friend Derek the other day, and he was all pissed off about nothing in particular, so I said, "Is something wrong? You sound really pissed off."
He just laughed and said, "Man, I guess this weather's finally getting to me... I get pretty pissed in March, and you did too, remember?"
I had forgotten that...
He said, "It's probably a shock to you because you don't have people around you who are bitter and despotic, instead, they are cheerier there."
He's right.
So I feel you, StevenPHH, hang tight, the shitty weather will be gone in a couple of months.
As for GA, well, it's already Spring here, and in a couple of WEEKS, the leaves will be coming in strong, and the temps will climb into the high 60s and 70s...
Rock on.

--------------------

StevenPHH
All Pro Poster
Member # 3398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenPHH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey vasduten, you got the right idea. Randy and I went to West Palm a couple of weeks ago. We are seriously considering a move south.

To quote one of my favorite Boston hardcore bands "whoa, whoa, I've had enough!"

--------------------
Our Site
Our Clip Store
Our Free Vids

Posts: 838 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of my favorites (in no particular order) include:

"Graceland" - Paul Simon
"Pump" - Aerosmith
"Hysteria" - Def Leppard (Mutt Lange has his own unique sound as a producer)
"Heartbeat City" - The Cars (another Mutt Lange produced recording)
"Seal" - Seal (The first Seal record - Trevor Horn as a producer kicks butt too!)
"90125" - Yes (Trevor Horn - producer)
"Moving Pictures" - Rush
"Ten Summoner's Tales" - Sting (Hugh Padgham & Sting - producers)
"Synchronicity" - The Police (Hugh Padgham - producer)
"Dr. Feelgood" - Motley Crue (Yeah, go ahead and laugh if you want to, but Bob Rock produced the hell out of the record and makes the cokehead-riddled-(then)just-turned-clean band sound HUGE!... He also produced Aerosmith's "Pump" as well.)

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew boy, jumped into my type of thread.

Steven, I've was listening to Slayer a few weeks ago myself: Reign in Blood and South of Heaven to be more specific.

Some of my all time faves in no order and by all means not all of them! I'll list maybe one from a band rather than multiples...

Led Zeppelin III
Yes - Going for the One
The Beatles - Revolver
Pink Floyd - Saucerful of Secrets
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy
Uriah Heep - The Magician's Birthday
U2 - Achtung Baby
Traffic - Traffic
The Who - Tommy
Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Jethro Tull - Stand Up
The Doors - Strange Days
Love - Forever Changes
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I,II, & III
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
Jimi Hendrix - Are you Experienced
Blackmore's Night - Shadow of a Moon
Renaissance - 1001 Nights Vol. 1
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits 1
Neil Young - Decade
Skinny Puppy - Rabies
Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Tool -Aenema

[ March 31, 2005, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: ledaemon ]

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrmustard:
i forgot to mention Pet Sounds (Beach Boys). That yeah yeah yeah´s album ("fever to tell")is pretty damn good, also...

I remember having that CD on repeat in my changer one time when working around the house! I think it played through four times before my wife hit STOP! [Laugh] My favorite from them!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that first album by Boston. It is amazing to me that they recorded, mixed & produced it themselves! Just amazing. As an "ambitious home production project", it turned out to be one of the most sterling jobs of all time - at least in my limited view, and definitely one of my favorite albums.

Also - I've noticed extremely good and high production values on Albums by Alabama. What's really fascinating to me is that they actually list parts & pieces of production equipment in the album's credits!

I know it's been said too many times, but I'll have to throw in for "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". Not much further need be said about that one.

On the opposite end of that spectrum, I LOVE the simple, raw "non production" values of John Lennon's first solo albums.

Respectfully,

Ben

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links