Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your favorite Studio recordings/albums? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are your favorite Studio recordings/albums?
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ben Del Amitri:
On the opposite end of that spectrum, I LOVE the simple, raw "non production" values of John Lennon's first solo albums.

I couldn't agree with you more on that point, Ben. "Raw" is exactly the word that comes to mind when I think of John Lennon, and you're right of course, as Plastic Ono Band which happens to be my own personal favorite post-Beatles Lennon album is incredibly raw and effective. Tracks like "Working Class Hero", "Love", and "Mother" with John's primal scream exercises are about as raw & beautifully haunting as it gets.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Calico Jack -

Brother, you hit the NAIL on the HEAD with that! That is precisely, exactly how I feel about that stuff and the songs you mention are some of it's best examples.

"Working Class Hero" for example, has but one instrument and even it is barely there. Sung & played out in one take then done. Mother is also a song with just one instrument and even the lyrics are sparse in that one; as close as you can get to Haiku without actually limiting yourself to the syllable count! The vocals are as astounding as have ever been put to record.

This guy had some serious audacity to put something like this out and call it an album. What the HECK was he thinking of? And Thank Heavens he did.

Respectfully,

Ben

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noting beat a Slayer concert in the 80s.

If the beginning of Hell Awaits didn't shake you up, you weren't alive.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links