Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are you reading? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are you reading?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished reading White Fang by Jack London today. I had a Bro mail me a spare copy of the book that he had, because he enjoyed it so much and recommended it to me. I noticed that I had a few people around work ask me about the book, saying they had read it when they were children. I'm obviously pretty late in reading it, because I'm not really a child anymore, but I enjoyed it all the same. Anybody else ever read that book? If not, it's pretty cool! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not too much into novels, I´ve probably read 10 novels in the last 10 years. I only really enjoy reading political or historical books, or sometimes comix & fanzines to chill out.
Last novel I read and enjoyed was Harry Potter, really liked it --- can`t wait for Harry Potter 6.
And "Last Chance To See" by Douglas Adams, good book as well.
And reading a lot about aquariums and fish, lately. I just re-discovered my love for aquarium fish and bought one, which my daughter and I are sharing. She`s also starting to get into it.

-Hal-

[ June 03, 2005, 03:33 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read about six to eight books a month. Pretty voraciously. Right now I am reading Moby Dick (for about the fifth time), and just finished Zodiac by Robert Graysmith (love true crime books), and three novels by Nelson Demille: Spencerville, Plum Island, and The Generals Daughter.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What are you reading?
The articles in Playboy.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mystik:
I too dont have much time to read, but need to more. Theory about architects: The more you know, the more you make. I loved the Fountainhead, it's probably my favorite book (novel)of all time. The guy I can really relate to, he's into his own self morality; otherwise not a sellout. Doesn't give in to the media or otherwise. VERY good book, couldnt put it down. Highly recommended.

P.S. It's about an architect. lol.

Mystik, all I can think about now with you is the Monty Python episode with "The Architect Sketch." Look for it if you haven't seen it bro.

I'm the worst when it comes to reading. I start many books and rarely get to finish them. However, my wife Mandy reads nonstop, is a member of a mail order book club, and hits the bookstores weekly.

She's currently reading "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne and is going to start a biography on Oskar Schindler next. She reads a little of everything. Classic literature, history, fantasy novels, true crime, contemporary fiction. Only thing she doesn't read (thank god) are romance novels. I think the author she's read the most books from would be Thomas Clancey.

One of the last books I remember reading was on the Lusitania, but never finished it after my flight I was on landed. I'd have more time to read if I didn't spend it on these forums I suppose!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back it up to the first post here:
The book Starship Troopers kicked SO MUCH more ass than the dumbed-down Hollywood turd-fest that was the motion picture.
I mean, how could they NOT include the most excellent mech-suits/rocket pods?

Goddamn, that was what made that book so KICKASS.
Mech suits that weigh 2 tons, but enable one to hop around, run or do short jet hops, plus being loaded with rockets, guns of all sorts, etc.
I guess the movie producers spent the whole wad trying to make the bugs look stupid.

-end rant.

I'm reading Steinbeck's East of Eden.
A killer read.
It's got it all.
A very interesting take on the human condition.
Once you get past the character intros, you can't help but read more...
Good stuff here.

Just got done with the ENTIRE Dark Tower series by Steven King. All nine, bitches...
I have to say this: I'm not normally a huge SK fan, except for the SCREENPLAY for The Shining, because he tends to bore me to death with his endless descriptions about everything BUT the character, plot, etc.
(Truth be told, I had a copy of the Shining, that was screwed up, it just repeated the first 150 pages in the middle of the book, and it took me 5 pages to realize it...)
But...
Dark Tower is good stuff.
It takes you all over the place, and daringly enough, through different dimensions of time and space. A very engaging read with an EXCELLENT ending, and SK made it all sing.
I'm glad he decided to finish it.

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Back it up to the first post here:
The book Starship Troopers kicked SO MUCH more ass than the dumbed-down Hollywood turd-fest that was the motion picture.
I mean, how could they NOT include the most excellent mech-suits/rocket pods?

Goddamn, that was what made that book so KICKASS.
Mech suits that weigh 2 tons, but enable one to hop around, run or do short jet hops, plus being loaded with rockets, guns of all sorts, etc.
I guess the movie producers spent the whole wad trying to make the bugs look stupid.

I either read or heard something a while back that explained why they didn't use the mech-suits in the movie. It was the cost or something like that, which I can't figure out because you'd think they could just use some fancy-shmancy computer effects and pull it off. Oh well... [Cry]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrmustard   Email mrmustard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Naufragios" by Alvar Nuñez Cabeza de Vaca.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a crying shame.

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links