Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Greatest War movie? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Greatest War movie?
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checked a site the other night, cant remember what site it was, but they had the top 25 best war movies ever made. Saving Private Ryan was #1. Although I think it was a supurb movie, I still think the best was Black Hawk Down, and then SPR. And tho u guys will probably think me stupid but I thought Behind Enemy Lines was an awesome war movie, but it wasn't on the sites list. Btw, in my opinion Stalog 17 woulda made #1 for me, but it was more comical than serious. Go luftwaffe! lol
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose going through my video/dvd collection I can think of a few right off the top of my head:

Saving Private Ryan
Apocolypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
Blackhawk Down
Tora Tora Tora
Midway
A Bridge Too Far
All Quiet on the Western Front
The Highest Honor

A few of the worst I can think of:

Windtalkers
Thin Red Line
Pearl Harbor

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also like "Das Boot" (The Boat), although it`s probably best to watch it in original language (German).
And "Cross of Iron" is also quite good.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimme
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gimme   Author's Homepage   Email Gimme   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with LeDaemon's list, although I didnt like "BlackHawk Dawn" a lot.
"Saving private Ryan" and "Das Boot" are my favourites.

Regarding "Das Boot" I liked the change of angles and the intension building up little by little.
Being a fan of original scores, scripts and languages in movies I think it's best to watch it in German spoken language rather than the dubbed one, cause it would sound like Bruce Willis speaking is Spanish in "The sixth sense" when I happened to visit Madrid that time. Tends to be hilarious from some time onwards [Smile]

--------------------
 -
 -

http://www.images4sale.com/1946
http://www.clips4sale.com/1946
http://www.videos4sale.com/1946
http://www.myspace.com/greekfemalefeet

Posts: 2491 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There`s an awesome long director`s cut version of "Das Boot".

Not really war movies, but I also enjoyed "Dr. Strangelove" and "Rambo I" (although the book is better than the movie).

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go with "Midway", that's a very clear number one for me. The mini-series remake of "From Here To Eternity" gets my very strong number two (William Devane, Barbara Hershey, etc).

That Pearl Harbor thing would be my least favorite. Not really much of a real "war movie" per se - it was more like sappy love triangle that kept getting interrupted by those pesky Japanese.

Honorable mention goes to "Gray Lady Down", which (technically) was not a war movie. A Navy movie with Stacy Keach, Ned Beatty and one of the fifty Caradine brothers.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally forgot to put "Das Boot" on my list! I watched it in German language with English subtitles. Good flick if you have about 4 hours to spare!

My favorite line from Dr. Strangelove: "YOU CAN'T FIGHT IN HERE! THIS IS THE WAR ROOM!!!" [Laugh]

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one that deserves notice is Tears of the Sun. Not really up to par with the 'great war' movies, but it does have a lotta action, a pretty good storyline, and a whole bunch of soldiers 'gettin the back' of fellow soldiers. Check it out sometime. Like I said, not the greatest, but dam good nonetheless.
BTW ladaemon, Ive seen all the movies on your list cept Tora Tora Tora;; Forgive my stupidity, but is that a J. Wayne flick. Ive heard of it b4, but never really thought about renting it.

Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

No, its not a John Wayne film. It is a good film version of the attack on Pearl Harbor rather than the Pearl Harbor movie released a few years ago.

--------------------

Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite war movies are:
sink the bismarck
the guns of navarone
battle of the buldge
the dam busters
and the battle of britain

--------------------
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing
mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and
lick up the dust of thy feet . . ." —Isaiah 49:23

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wu II - Phil
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wu II - Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, the first two that come to mind are:

Saving Private Ryan
Glory

Wu

--------------------
www.wusfeetlinks.com

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Wu on this one.
Saving Private Ryan would definitely top my list, as would Glory.

But come on guys...has no one mentioned The Great Escape????

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Glory was only as good as Denzel,Morgan, and Broderick were in it. oops, they were. Excellent choice, with 3 damgood actors!
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
Originally posted by IAmSpartachris:
I'm with Wu on this one.
Saving Private Ryan would definitely top my list, as would Glory.

But come on guys...has no one mentioned The Great Escape????

Ok, Steve McQueen in the "Great Escape" was definitely excellent! Funny, that's in the DVD collection as well, but I forgot all about it!

--------------------

Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only recently watched the Great Escape and from what people have told me I found it as a dicipointment

--------------------
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing
mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and
lick up the dust of thy feet . . ." —Isaiah 49:23

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links