Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Greatest War movie? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Greatest War movie?
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToeSucker83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full Metal Jacket
Hamburger Hill

... ... ...We Were Soldiers was pretty good

--------------------
Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

Posts: 206 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kilgore85
Loyal Member
Member # 7247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kilgore85   Email kilgore85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Enemy Below" with Robert Mitchum
"The Green Berets" with John Wayne

Posts: 63 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
savin private ryan
black hawk down
midway
platoon
pearl harbor
tora tora tora
full metal jacket
the 4th of july
forces of navorone10
behind enemy lines
hunt for red october
crimson tide
stripes
down periscope

Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feslatichy
Board Regular
Member # 3416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feslatichy   Author's Homepage   Email Feslatichy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have very odd tastes in war movies. My favorite war movie that might actually constitute what others would call a war movie is No Man's Land.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like war movies in general, Saving Private Ryan would top the list for me. There are some other excellent ones I've seen listed here, and a couple that I haven't:

Blackhawk Down
Full Metal Jacket
The Boys From Company C
Hamburger Hill
Platoon
Band of Brothers (miniseries)
The Big Red One
Patton
Kelly's Heroes (can't go wrong with Clint Eastwood)

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank the Poet
Board Regular
Member # 2400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank the Poet   Email Frank the Poet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent topic indeed!!! There are so few great war movies made because hollywood feels the need to glorify combat. Combat realism is rife with raging emotions such as stark terror and utter horror. Out of the black smoke emerge the "damaged" heroes. That being said my favorite war movies would be 1)Saving Private Ryan 2)Hamburger Hill 3)Gettysburg-largely due to its historical truism 4)We were soldiers 5)Platoon - Frank

--------------------
Her slender digits,tantalizing and inviting
Ten jewels of crimson,my spirits arising -Frank

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links