Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your internet (and real life) pet peeves? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What are your internet (and real life) pet peeves?
Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh one more thing. some people do it just to piss people off, i hate these people also. they squirt you with supersokers as they drive past or shout boo and make you crap yourself. they are the nobheads

--------------------
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing
mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and
lick up the dust of thy feet . . ." —Isaiah 49:23

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only pet peeve I can think of at this moment is CELL PHONES. I totally despise them and refuse to own one. Sure they would be convenient in case of an emergency if your car breaks down in the middle of the desert, but I don't want to make it so convenient for anyone to get a hold of me where ever I am.

+ People are inconsiderate in theaters by talking on them in the middle of a movie when they get a call.

+ People trying to drive on a busy road while holding the phone to their ear and chatting away. My wife was rear ended by someone doing this a few years ago.

+ Someone standing in line in front of you talking on the cell phone and then telling the person wanting to take their order to wait just a minute while they ask the person on the line what they want. Then they read the entire menu to them!

+ People wearing those hands free ear pieces and carrying on a heated conversation with the person on the phone totally oblivious that they are annoying everyone around them. I was at work one day and a customer was wearing one of these things yelling at someone while waving his arms and walking around looking pissed off. Everyone there was completely made uncomforatble and then they realized he was just being a dickhead talking on the phone.

+ Kids that own their own cellphones. First it was pagers 10+ years ago, now everyone has a cellphone stuck to their ear wherever they walk.

Rant over...

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimme
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gimme   Author's Homepage   Email Gimme   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 4 Feet:
Lou, Gimmie and Hal
The thing about you guys hateing people load music, i must say that in my car i have 2 2000wat subs and a 1000wat amp plus alot of speakers and im just letting you know that we dont do it to piss everyone off we do it as a buzz and you would be suprised how much 'pussy' it pulls

Have you heard ever Vassilis Terlegas to the max volume there is, tha car moving like a mobile discoteque of the 80s at 3 o'clock in the morning? The next day he was looking for a garage store to change his tyres [Smile] (I was young and dumb that time I know, we did it for kicks [Smile] )
Anyway it's pathetic boasting and be pompous as if someone has written in his forehad "hey look it's me and I have a car with a mobile disco"

As for the pulling of girls, I agree with you that it is a nice trick to mesmerise them ... and get them to bed ... but not my cuppa ... If you read the rest of my list "I hate cars and driving" [Bow Down]

--------------------
 -
 -

http://www.images4sale.com/1946
http://www.clips4sale.com/1946
http://www.videos4sale.com/1946
http://www.myspace.com/greekfemalefeet

Posts: 2491 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ben Del Amitri:
HELLO LeDaemon!!!

It is really great to see you back and posting on the boards. Your brief hiatus had some of us worried, as we look forward to your ascerbic wit and intersting insight. Here's hoping everything is good with you and welcome back.

Heya Ben. I was gone on vacation last week, and I've just been a little busy with work before and after the trip. I'll be back to my regularly scheduled rants soon enough! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:

15. People who vehemently put down smoking and smokers. This is extra unnerving when these kinds of people will drink alcohol or be cool with alcohol. The day a cigarette can wrap a car full of people around a tree, or break a family apart, or land somebody in rehab, will be the day these anti-smoking zealots can carry some weight to their arguements. Until then, sit in your nonsmoking sections and leave me the hell alone while I "pollute" my own lungs.

Here's my cigarette peeve rebutal for my old stogie smoking buddy Lou! [Big Grin]

I never understood why folks of at least average intelligence start smoking? Second hand smoke was a big time problem when I was younger and I'm glad that most smoking is banned from public places at least where I live now. As a kid I can remember getting sick riding in my best friend's car when his parent's drove because both of them would smoke with the windows rolled up. For every cig they smoked I as a kid of 8 basically did too! My aunt smoked all her life from her teens until it finally killed her a few years ago. She finally kicked the habit a few years before she died, but had to carry and use an oxygen tank with her 24/7 the last few years of her life. It sure did break a family apart when you figured you had to deal with her medical expenses, her property after her death, etc. Smokers also have a tendency to toss their lit cigarette butts out of their windows of their cars when they are driving down the road. If you live in any drier area like I am in Texas you see all the remnants of grass fires all over the sides of the highway from the inconsiderate a-holes. A grass fire where I lived which burned dangerously close to one of my neighbor's ranches that raises horses was caused by one of these morons that keep their car ashtrays pristinely clean! The fire department managed to stop it about 20 yards from the house! Also, working with folks really addicted to their nic habit can be a burden as when they start getting a little stressed they need to run outside to calm themselves with a cigarette break.

Worst of all is kissing a gal that smokes... ashtray breath is soooo unsexy! [Joint] [Joint] [Joint] [Joint]

--------------------

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you Brother ledaemon, all very good points. Us smokers have to be considerate of others, don't get my little rant wrong. I have no problem at all refraining from smoking in public places or around kids, and if and when a cigarette butt flies out my window that sucker is butted out first! Sadly, there are a lot of inconsiderate smokers that pulls all of us smoking folks down.

I understand and appreciate the genuine concern some people have about smokers, your's sounding very genuine, but there are other people who take it way too far...into real haughtiness and self-righteousness.

For instance, I watched a little bit from a public debate on whether or not to ban smoking in our downtown area here in Louisville. There were folks on both sides of the debate taking the stand and giving a little three minute speech. What amazed me were all the really fat people who took such a strong stand against smoking. One girl in particular, a real tug-boat of an ugly teenage girl, said something like: "If you want to kill yourself, fine..." she then points a finger toward the smoker crowd and finishes with "...but you BETTER NOT force it on me!"

I'm sitting there thinking: "What the sam-hell?!" I mean, did this zeal hit her before or after she polished off an entire box of Little Debbies by herself?! Maybe she realized how much she hated second-hand smoke after she finished drinking a bucket of bacon grease...

That's what is unnerving to me. Obesity is the number one killer of Americans the last time I checked, and fat people like that want to raise hell about the vices of others?! Pot-kettle-black... Reminds me of how Jimmy Swaggert raised all kinds of hell over Heavy Metal music back in the 80's, and how morally wrong and supposedly degenerate it made the teenagers who listened to it, and yet that hypocrit got busted with a prostitute not once, but twice! Last I checked whore-mongering wasn't really high up on the morality ladder. [Big Grin]

Anyways, good to see you posting again Bro, even if it is to refute something I posted. [Wink] [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimme
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gimme   Author's Homepage   Email Gimme   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smoke but I respect other people's requests when they cant stand smoking and smoke itself. I ask everytime I want to smoke when I know that someone else might be irritated by my smoking. I guess it's all about attitude and personality which make the difference after all!

I used to a heavy smoker smoking good old Marlboro's .. but since 1995 I ve turned into rolling tobacoo which helped me cut down at least half of what I used to smoke. Nowadays, I wont smoke more than 7-8 cigarettes a day, let alone I cant even touch a normal cigarette because of its strength in taste.

I hear you LeDeamon with the unfortunate happenings because of smoking [Smile] But it's not the only cause for dying [Smile] Many old people here (70 and 80+) in Greece still smoke like chimneys and drink like horses. I guess fresh air and good diet in the past years (long before we were all born) is the secret for healthy living, and not only absistence of smoking.

On the other hand, I ve seen too many athletic guys and ladies who hadnt even smelled a cigarrete dying in the mid twenty's from unknown reasons, or from diseases a smoker cant get once in a hundred thousand years. I guess it's genetc reason but smoking is NOT all the times to blame for bad health and eventually dying.
My grandmother died recently to become 94, I say ... and we used to drink coffee and smoke cigarretes together in the evenings some months ago. [Smile] and many many examples like the above!

Regards,

Gimme.

--------------------
 -
 -

Posts: 2491 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimme
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6872

Did I say welcome back LeDeamon? No?
Then....

WELCOME BACK AGAIN MATE! [Smile]

--------------------
 -
 -

You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm pet peeves...

when people dont show you the same respect or consideration you show them...online as well as offline.
when people dont reply to emails, important ones or not

Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bondo's peeves:

- When people pay using personal checks at the grocery store
- When people blindly follow trends without knowing why their doing it (except to fit in with other people following the trend)
- Reality TV
- Rubbernecks
- When people drive slowly because they're on their cell phones (especially when they're the car in front of me)
- Fake people
- "Whatever..." and "Talk to the hand..."
- When corporate America uses acronyms and/or elaborate wording to describe simple things
- Bob Saget
- When parents have harnesses/leashes for their children

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockbass
Loyal Member
Member # 6012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockbass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright I got one that I haven't seen covered here.

I despise the people known as "ricers" or "riceburners". You know the people who try and pimp out their Hondas or any other type of car like it. With the loud ass mufflers that sound like dirt bikes and the obnoxious spoilers and decals which they think add horsepower. Why do they think their vehicles are race cars and why must they always try to race everyone else?

Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some of my pet peeves, along with some random ranting and aggression. Some of them have already been stated but I'll repeat them anyway because, hey, they're my pet peeves.

Offline:

People who are in the passing lane on expressways, freeways, turnpikes, etc. and refuse to go faster than the posted speed limit (Some of them don't even go as fast as the speed limit!). Why do I have to do something illegal (i.e. pass you in the right hand lane) to get in front of you!? Here's a hint: Move to your right hand lane!!!!

In contrast, people who think they have to use all two, three, four-plus lanes on a highway to weave in and out of traffic because they're in a hurry and need to get off the next exit that's coming in less than a quarter of a mile. If you want to drive fast and show off your driving prowess, do it on a closed track by yourself and stop endangering the lives of the rest of us with your weaving.

People who say they will do you some favor, especially if you're counting on them to do it, and never follow through with it.

All of the oil company/conglomerate scumbags (and their idiotic proponents/supporters) who justify making profits in the billions of dollars but wouldn't/won't cut U.S. consumers a break on prices at the gas pumps, or for oil heating, etc. after the fallout of hurricane Katrina. You mean to say that they'd be soooo much more poorer making 3 billion dollars in profit this year instead of, say, 2.5 or 2 billion!!!???... Yeah, my heart would really bleed for them and all of their stockholders! And if they're jonesing for that extra half a billion or so, then go get it from the third world countries who are coming into their own and using more oil (i.e. China, India, etc.). After all, "supply and demand"! Let them pay the extra cost, since they're using more of it now anyway!

Sorry if this offends some people but,... rap music. The term is an oxymoron, and that's just for starters. There's a reason why this stuff got popular and that's to line the pockets of record companies with a bigger profit margin. All it is is someone making rhymes over already recorded material (i.e. samples) taken from stuff that has already been recorded! This leads me to my next pet peeve which is...

Record compaines - The almighty dollar has turned rock/popular music into a vast wasteland of crap. Rap (as already stated) was made popular by record companies to facilitate a bigger profit margin for the record companies. Don't believe me? Well, logically speaking, does it cost more to put a band in a recording studio for 6 months to a year to record a respectable recording project, or to put a rap "artist" in the studio for half, or a third, of that time to lift samples of songs, loop them, put repetitive "beats" to them, rap over it and mix it? Do the math. Why spend, say, $250,000-500,000 or more to put out a good rock record when you can get Flava-Fresh-Pushy-Boy Slim P.Doodle in the recording studio, spend only $100,000 (or less) on a recording project to put out his record, it will take much less time to get it done, and still have it sell millions of units? And, by the way, since when did image become more important than the music?

CD outlets who sell CDs for more than $15 - You know, it's easily proven that the cost to make CDs (i.e. the discs that hold the audio, the packaging of said discs, etc.) has actually gone down in the last 10 years. Why are some places charging $16, $18 and close to $20 for a normal, garden variety CD that will, maybe, have only one song on it that's worth anything!? And then the record companies wonder why Napster got so popular back in the day when they had free downloads!... Oh, and that reminds me...

Metallica - How ironic is it that these clowns were discovered in the early 1980s and signed to a record deal due to recorded bootleg copies of their live shows by their fans? Their fans, incidentally, handed around and exchanged these bootleg copies of shows among other fans of the band, as well as people who had never even heard of them . If it wasn't for the bootleg copies of their live shows, it's entirely possible that Metallica would've never been discovered in the first place. Hmmmm,... it's an early '80s version of Napster that got them discovered in the first place and yet Lars & company vehemently went after Napster after Metallica made their millions?... Can you say "hypocrites"?

The Illinois Tollway System

People who have a virtual live P.A. system in their cars, call it a car stereo system and crank it loud enough to wake the dead. I live in a fairly rural neighborhood and I can hear these goofballs coming in their cars, literally, a mile away! You know, it really wouldn't surprise me in the future if there's a scientific study conducted that comes to the conclusion that listening to bass vibrations in enclosed spaces, like a car, that loud, and for a long period of time, not only adversely affects hearing (which it will do anyway), but aggravates the internal organs and causes stuff like liver and kidney damage and failure of those, and other, internal organs due to the sheer volume and pressure of those soundwaves on and through the body. It's already proven that low frequencies at high volume levels and for an extended period of time will actually make people nauseous and possibly cause vomiting. That should be a crystal clear indication right there that it can't be good.

Online:

People who use keyboard typing "shortcuts" such as:

"u r" or "ur" for "you are"
"2" for the word "to" or "too"
"b" for the word "be"
"da" for "the"
"dat" for "that"

Stop being lazy and type out the damn word! It doesn't take that long!

People who repeatedly confuse homonyms - i.e. words that sound the same and are spelled differently. It seems it's always the same words too. Here's a quick lesson:

you're = contraction form of "you are"
your = for possesive - e.g. your computer, your house, your car, etc.
yours = direct possesive - e.g. this stuff is yours, that stuff is mine, the stuff over there is yours, etc.

they're = contraction for "they are"
there = adverb - at or in that place - e.g. I'm going over there.
their = used in the form of possession - e.g. that is their stuff, their opinion, their house, their car, etc.

People who go into chatrooms and think they're going to find love and romance or their next boyfriend or girlfriend, not to mention those who take those chatrooms way too serious. No, you can not form a full-fledged relationship with someone via online chatting! For all anyone knows, the person you're typing away to could be a serial killer or an axe wielding homicidal maniac. Unless you trust a person enough to spend time with them face to face and get to know them in that respect, you're not really all that good "friends" with them. It's possible that what some people say online is total and complete bullshit and a misrepresentation of who they really are.

People who overuse the lol (laugh out loud) abbreviation, either in chatrooms or in emails or in posts.

Abusing of emoticons

My Outlook Express (becuase I'm having problems with it)

Norton Utilities and its Anti-Virus program

One word - Adware!

By the way, if anyone knows of a good program that's available out there that completely removes adware from one's computer, as well as blocks adware from getting on one's computer, I'm all ears.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fate111:
if anyone knows of a good program that's available out there that completely removes adware from one's computer, as well as blocks adware from getting on one's computer, I'm all ears.

Hmmm, I don't know about removing all of the adware/spyware from one's computer, but the programs that I like the most are Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Webroot Spy Sweeper.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, CJ! I'll look into those.
Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movies, backed with extreme hype that completly suck. For example; The extremy beautiful Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. The heroine rocked, the movie sucked. But critics everywhere praised it, like it was Godfather II material.
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links