Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Anybody in a band? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anybody in a band?
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Past or present, anybody here play in a band? In other topics, it seems that quite a few people have mentioned being in a band.

I play guitar in an all original band called Myza Tiva. We've been together since 1993. It's really hard for me to describe our own music, but I guess we sound like a heavier version of Dream Theater without the high pitch vocals. Actually, we haven't had a singer for a few years now, but that doesn't stop us from playing shows in the local Baltimore circuit.

We played a show last friday (Oct 7th, 2005) opening for a Metallica tribute band called Battery. Back in 2003 we opened for Symphony X, and way back in the day we opened for Belladonna (Joey Belladonna from Anthrax, he's an awesome dude!).

We have a 10 song demo tape from 1994. Right now we're in the process of recording a 12+ song CD. We're looking for our big break, but if we don't get it we're still having a good time doing what we're doing.

Anyone else?

Bondo

\m/ *_* \m/

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bondo,

You band sounds cool! What does "Myza Tiva" mean?

A friend and I ran a record label about fifteen years ago and I played in two bands --- the one was pretty popular and kind of emo-punk-hardcore style (before "emo" was popular and mainstream). We toured Europe and played about 150 gigs all together over here in Germany. We were also offered to tour the USA but we were all too young and still in school.
I was 18 at that time and it was an awesome experience. [Nut Kick]

I´ve moved on since then but music is still one of the most important parts of my life. I go to shows regularly.

Cheers,
-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
You band sounds cool! What does "Myza Tiva" mean? -Hal-

Myza Tiva is a play on words for marijuana or Cannabis Sativa (back from the ol' heavy duty pot smoking days). [Joint]
My Sativa --> Mysa Tiva --> Myza Tiva

It's a little strange and gets misspelled and mispronounced all the time, but it stuck with us.

So what were the names of your bands, Hal?

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I get it [Wink] When you`ve had a smoke making music usually comes easier, eh?

My bands were actually both straight edge, if you know what that is... (no drugs, etc.) [Wink]

The one band was called "Age" (latin for "Do it!"), the other one "Rusty James". We recorded two albums and three 7"s (one was a double single) and they were all released on our own label.

This was all in an underground scene ==> so no managers, major labels/distributions or tour organizers. We set all the shit up ourselves with the help of other dedicated people from the "scene".

When I listen to our stuff nowdays I just have to cringe --- but it was awesome those days. [Laugh]

-Hal-

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:

I play guitar in an all original band called Myza Tiva. We've been together since 1993. It's really hard for me to describe our own music, but I guess we sound like a heavier version of Dream Theater without the high pitch vocals.

You're band sounds kind of cool. The high vocals were the main reason I didn't like Dream Theatre. Not that high vocals aren't cool. Dio, Dickenson, and Halford all have great vocals, but I don't like the weak crackly vocals of Dream Theatre's vocalist.

I used to play in a band about 17 years ago. We didn't have a name though, and didn't play any gigs. We were the only people where I lived back then who was into Bathory, Venom, Kreator, and Celtic Frost. There was nowhere for us to play, because nobody liked that kind of music there. Everyone just wanted to hear Bon Jovi, and Def Leppard cover songs. We split up after a month or so. I continued to play guitar for several years, but was unable to find like-minded musicians. Eventually I stopped playing, and now I'm at the age that I don't want to be in a band anyway. Oh well.

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
Past or present, anybody here play in a band?

Count me in. I've consistently been contributing my services to different bands since starting my first one back in 1989. The bands I've been involved with have spanned the spectrum of genres ranging everywhere from folk rock and heavy metal to new wave and ambient electronica. I've always liked to tackle multiple projects at the same time so as to keep my skills at peak performance and keep the learning process ever-expansive. At some point in the future I'd also love to start a cover band with a few other fellow foot fetishists who love to play just for recreation as I think that'd be a blast with lots of good camaraderie built in. My most recent gig took place this past Sunday night with one of the bands I've been playing in, and all I have to say is that one of the gals at the show was parading around in a miniskirt and she had incredible legs & sexy feet with red polished nails. That's what I call a successful gig!

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

quote:
At some point in the future I'd also love to start a cover band with a few other fellow foot fetishists who love to play just for recreation as I think that'd be a blast with lots of good camaraderie built in.
You guys could play at foot parties. [Laugh]

quote:
We were the only people where I lived back then who was into Bathory, Venom, Kreator, and Celtic Frost.
Awesome, I would have loved you guys back then [Wink]
My best friend actually went to school with the guys from Kreator.

-Hal-

--------------------

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You guys could play at foot parties. [Laugh]

LOL, I've never really given too much consideration to the idea of having live music at a foot party since the gals themselves are all the live entertainment that anybody there would be interested in anyway.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killa
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm in a go-go band called TMA. i prefer rock, but go-go has alot of energy. i play guitar.

--------------------
College girl amateur foot shoots

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play guitar for my own amusement as I've mentioned before. Other guys I used to jam with have moved on so now I just play solo these days. [Cry]

My full time job along with the family would prevent me from ever doing anything seriously at this point in my life although I'd love to just get together with some folks for a good jam session again!

Matter of fact just this morning I was replacing the toggle switch in my Dunlop Crybaby that died a few years ago. I had to get a soldering kit from the local Radio Shack to rewire the thing. Works like new now!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by ledaemon:
Matter of fact just this morning I was replacing the toggle switch in my Dunlop Crybaby that died a few years ago.

Nice. I remember having had an issue with my Crybaby back in 1991 where an internal component had broken such that the unit wasn't able to be clicked on or off. I attempted to resolve the problem at the time by using a little homemade contraption that I threw together involving a small piece of rubber and a cell battery. I felt like MacGuyver after seeing that it actually worked.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok, I get it [Wink] When you`ve had a smoke making music usually comes easier, eh?

My bands were actually both straight edge, if you know what that is... (no drugs, etc.) [Wink]

The one band was called "Age" (latin for "Do it!"), the other one "Rusty James". We recorded two albums and three 7"s (one was a double single) and they were all released on our own label.

This was all in an underground scene ==> so no managers, major labels/distributions or tour organizers. We set all the shit up ourselves with the help of other dedicated people from the "scene".

When I listen to our stuff nowdays I just have to cringe --- but it was awesome those days. [Laugh]

-Hal-

Cool. I did the same thing, but it was a death metal label. Ironically, I worked for Atlantic at the time. They got pissed when some of my bands got more airplay..no more working on my label on their time. Ah, the good old days before becoming a yuppie.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
We were the only people where I lived back then who was into Bathory, Venom, Kreator, and Celtic Frost.
Awesome, I would have loved you guys back then [Wink]
My best friend actually went to school with the guys from Kreator.

-Hal-

Kreator was my first ever interview for my fanzine. Lots of headbangers on this site. Man, who ever knew that there would be such a strong correlation between metal and feet.

[ October 12, 2005, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Man, who ever knew that there would be such a strong correlation between metal and feet.
Yeah, and even thought metal girls hardly ever wear open-toed shoes or walk around barefoot.
Same with goth, punk and hardcore women.
And those are my favourite type of girls.
Weird.

-Hal-

Not weird. I think it is for safety sake in a mosh pit. [Laugh]

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

LeDaemon,

Duh...I actually deleted my own reply from above (before I saw that you had answered) because sometimes my posts just don`t make much sense --- probably due to English being my second language.

What I meant to say is, that it`s weird that so many metal dudes are into feet although the girls in the metal scene don`t really show their feet very often (as oposed to "normal" girls, who usually run around in flip-flops or open toed shoes). I´m totally into metal, punk and goth girls feet but I hardly ever get a glimpse of them...because they are always wearing those damn Doc Martins, boots, Converse or some other closed shoes.
I wish I was a hippy --- those girls run around barefoot the whole day [Wink]

-Hal-

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links