Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » A question for guitar players (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A question for guitar players
oscarthemonkey
The Legend
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oscarthemonkey   Email oscarthemonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bondo- You are a metal madman!!

What are you using for an amp?

--------------------
Latina Feet Can't Be Beat!

Posts: 4819 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When playing live and loud, I play through a Lexicon MPX processor into a Crown amp through a Marshall stack. When I'm at home, I plug my processor through a 4-track sound board into the sound card in my computer.

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oscarthemonkey
The Legend
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oscarthemonkey   Email oscarthemonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tickling soles master- What did you decide to do? We all got sidetracked!

--------------------
Latina Feet Can't Be Beat!

Posts: 4819 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martinmatte
Loyal Member
Member # 319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martinmatte   Email martinmatte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a lefty,I play upside down and I've got small hands.I can't really wail on a p-bass so my weapon of choice is my trusty beatle bass '76 reissue.

-

I've had it for 17 years and it still kicks ass.Not only is it an extremely versatile instrument but it helps you gaining confidence in your playing abilities.

One last thing I'd like to add.Jazz great Django Reinhardt got badly injured in a fire wich left him with something like two fingers to play.
 -

It's not really the hands,it's mostly brains.Cheers mate!

--------------------
Don't look now, but something died on your head.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martin I played around with one of those basses at a music store one time back in '89 or so when I was shopping for my first bass. That bass "square wound" strings which was extremely odd feeling and I've never seen any others out there like that since then. Of course, I ain't actively searching for basses these days either!

Aside from Django I can think of blind guitarist Jeff Healey playing his guitar laid across his lap with all his fingers on top of the neck to form the chords rather than holding it in his hand. Its interesting to see how different people we would consider disabled can compensate and overcome their disability!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

my noisemakers

Play both. Start with acoustic guitar and build some strength and agility simultaneously. Use the strength on your bass and the agility on your electric later.

and a tip that helps out those with smaller hands... push your wrist out away from you a bit and you'll be able to reach everything better. Think of it as trying to make an acute angle between your forarm and your palm. This is exactly opposite what you see most guitarists doing, and it won't be long before you don't do it either, but it will help at the start. If that doesn't work, play lap steel.

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by martinmatte:

One last thing I'd like to add.Jazz great Django Reinhardt got badly injured in a fire wich left him with something like two fingers to play.

An irony surrounding Django's injury was that it occured during a violent flash fire that broke out in his parent's gypsy wagon, full of fake flowers and fake flower-making materials. At the time fake flowers were made from ultra flamable celluloid, which is a derivative of nitrocellulose. Celluloid was and is used extensively in guitar picks and pick guards, and nitrocellulose is used to lacquor high quality instruments.
Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martinmatte
Loyal Member
Member # 319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martinmatte   Email martinmatte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ledaemon: You'll also notice that another thing that separates Healey from us is that he uses his thumb also which gives him extra range.I can only play slide in that fashion with the guitar on my lap.

Ozkar: thanks for the info on Django!!!

--------------------
Don't look now, but something died on your head.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bow to your collection Ozkar! That little bass is the exact style my bud had. I remember him playing it through a huge Carvin amp in a club years ago. I don't know if that guy is even alive anymore... Jeeze...

Yer right Martin. I do remember him playing that way when he was the opening act for Bonnie Rait when I saw her in the late 80s.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

I have a love -hate relationship with the headless bass. It's absolutely wretched by all physical standards, but it sure sounds nice. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

If it's got a bolt on neck and didn't cost a leg or two it could be a Big Baby. They've got thin necks.
sayonara
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5497

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sayonara   Email sayonara   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, i m play electric guitar for 20 years, i love punk, new wave, and metal 80 s, my first guitar is a aria pro ii, very excellent, in 89 jackson black(metallica), i sold the guitars, in 1995 a vintage guyatone(mosrite)60 s,aria diamond jaguar japanese 70 s, very good, i built a copy ibanez rg with dimarzio humb and single fender....and my strato samick.... in bass a vintage holland 60s.....also keyboard casio 80s.....
Posts: 1975 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich666
Loyal Member
Member # 17057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich666     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there, I just came home with this about 3 hours ago!! (Not my actual one, I don't have a camera at the moment, but it's the same model)

-

Seven string ESP LTD Viper 407. I've been waiting about a month for it, but it was worth it. The wider neck takes a bit of getting used to, but it sounds really good [Big Grin] The satin black finish looks so damn evil [Evil Grin]

Just wanted to show it off [Tongue]

Posts: 55 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links