Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » the cocaine epidemic (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the cocaine epidemic
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes this is a footboard but I want to know the opinions of the foot world,this board has such a broad range of people from all over and I want to hear yall out.
I don't know how it is in other parts of the country but currently I'm realising the nyc tri-state area is appearing to have a cocaine epidemic.its everywhere,and more n more people I know are using it more than ever.it started around 2001(right after bush took office,but not makin that the issue) where some weed dealers were now carrying cocaine,wich was quite uncommon @ first being coke dealers delt with roc n coke,n weed dealers stuck with weed.within the past 5 years almost all of my friends are using it and using it all the time.people you would never expect to dab into are dabbing into it.I know people who found some in their parents room wile doing laundry..I'm not an anti-drug person,I smoke weed every so ofen,I drink n what not,but this is insane.and what I've been seeing what it does to my friends and friendships with them has become a hurrendouse rollarcoaster due to it.a friend of mine is a nurse ina hospital and told me that there are more people on the cardio floor under the age of 30 then ever before mostly linked to stimulants(cocaine).its horrible....
My question to yall is this,is this the same way in your neck of the woods?,is this just a nyc thing?,and is anybody else dealing with this???ITS BECOME A FKN EPIDEMIC

Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting bad in the philadelphia area too.
Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, i am pretty much anti-drug person...so anyone who gets drunk,smokes weed,coke..Meth..whatever is a loser in my book.Not trying to roll any holy dice at anyone,but ANY drug is stupid and i think that Coke is just a small part of the whole cake here.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree wrinkles. The fact that the increase in cocaine use would be obvious to me, an obilivious bystander, almost serves to validate the problems authenticity.
Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's weird is we all pretty much say the same thing,yet there's no news stories about it,there's no extra anti-drug programs,nothing.its like a major problem america is facing yet noone is saying anything.it really makes me scratch my head.I mean look @ the 80s wit the whole crack problem,the media was all over it,fuck even the president was bitchin about it.then in the early to mid 90s heroin got somwhat popular,yet it wasn't as largescale as coke is now,yet got its own news shows n shit.then mid to late 90s people getting into x a lil more and omg u had talk shows dedicated to it,yet I don't remember the x use as large as this.I'm jus getting tired of all my friends mood swings and money disappearing of their own,and asking to borrow money.I know I can't be the onely one.and its apparent its an epidemic.is it our "higher powers" are too busy worrying about other countries bullshit and forgetting about us?I mean come on dude wtf???
Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockratease
Loyal Member
Member # 13891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockratease   Author's Homepage   Email Sockratease   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
Well, i am pretty much anti-drug person...so anyone who gets drunk,smokes weed,coke..Meth..whatever is a loser in my book.Not trying to roll any holy dice at anyone,but ANY drug is stupid and i think that Coke is just a small part of the whole cake here.

I think anyone who ABUSES drugs is a Loser...

But...

I hear this ANY Drug stuff too much.

Coffee.

Alcohol.

Tobacco.

Nyquil.

etc...

Do you include these drugs on your list?

It is a fine line...

--------------------
http://www.lissawhipped.com

Posts: 58 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Haha, that it is, sir sockratease. Small indulgences in vice are quite helpful in making you take yourself less seriously. I do believe the stress will kill me faster than the occasional pipe of whiskey-cured black cavendish in my study.

vineofthorns, you've probably come up with answer to the question right there. wtf indeed.

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sockratease: You can't group any of those last items, {maybe alcohol} into the same catagory as the hard stuff..no comparison.Addiction to those are 10 times as violent and destructive as drinking a cup of coffee or taking some nyquil.They are still addictions nonetheless,however the people that are addicted to the small things don't nearly have the issues that the heavy drugs cause..don't justify them as the same, please.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, coffee over indulgence in the same ballpark as a cocain addiction? Whoo boy...

Any way I don't abuse any kind of drug be it illegal, legal, or a caffeine/sugarized glitchy soda pop. I may induldge in a cup of coffee most mornings, but I wouldn't say its the same thing as waking up in the morning and feeling nauseous until you grab the pack of cigs off the nightstand and light up.

When I was younger the circle of friends I used to hang around with were into heavy recreational drug use. A few of them became definite addicts and still use to this day. Their answer to the question of "Are you a drug addict?" would be "Of course not! I've been smoking this shit for 20 years and I'm not addicted!!!"

I haven't seen the cocain problem in the area I live, but then again I'm not running with a crowd who's life involves using chemical substances to give themselves perhaps a fulfilment to their life. The guys I knew in the past started with pot, but then started experimenting with LSD, speed, and then crack and even heroin. Their life didn't involve mature human relationships, a professional life with a career and anykind of stability. Basically just living from check to check in dead in jobs to barely scrape by and afford their fix. I was the only dude that didn't do any drugs that hung with them and they felt I was a drag because I was straight and wouldn't induldge with them when they passed a pipe around. However, they wouldn't mind calling you up if they needed some cash to get their electricity turned back on because they didn't have any dough left after their pusher came over to do a business transaction.

That's a friggen world that I cannot understand how people get sucked into and I suppose enjoy living in. I left behind all those "friends" 16 years ago. The ones that didn't commit suicide or are in jail now live with poor health and premature aging from the toll the abuse has taken on their bodies.

A sad thing...

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

i think some of yall are a lil extreme with what a drug is and what can lead to a sereouse addiction lol.u cant put tobacco,coffee or nyquil anywheres near cocaine.ledaemon hit everything in the head with everything.im in the process of trying to ditch them,but its so hard when you know thease "friends" for almost a decade and u grow up with them.everything from how they jump from job to job to how they ask for money is all on point.as quick as they get the money,is as fast as it goes.i felt bad for a close friend or who i thought was close and got him a job with one of our accounts n he started fri,asked for a deposit,doesnt come in the following day,then on sun he goes in wired demanding more money.now i probably lost that account.i shut everyone out on sun,left a foward voicemail tellin people i needed space going through shit and sure enough the dude is callin my phone anyways,even had the balls to call my job..@ first i thought maybe he was concerned,but no i was wrong,he was looking for money claiming his transmission went.its fkn horrible.ledae,i give u props for being able to shut them people out like that,i have found it to be one of the hardest things ive ever done.
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Yep, word! Nowhere NEAR the same thing as Coke.

--------------------
 -

Ticklingsolesmaster
Major Player
Member # 14850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklingsolesmaster   Email Ticklingsolesmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Aunt Punk and My Uncle Bob are drug users and drug cookers (Both Meth). But the good news is about my uncle bob is that from him being in a Arizona state outdoor prision (out in the woods one of thoses type of prisions from what my mom told me) for a total of 7 months. Has made him re-think his life and straighten up and get back his life and ditch his ''old ex-drug friends'' for good and really make the effort to get clean and stay clean from now on. He has been out of prision now since March.

And my aunt punk on the other hand she is still using Meth and cooks meth to in her house. My family has tryed to go visit her and talk to her several times and get her the help that she needs but she wants nothing to do with us. The only person in our family that she on occasion talks to and went to see is my Grandma Calledwell (on my mom's side of the family) but even when she talks to her she still does not want to stop using Meth. She has told everyone in our family and my grandma that she uses meth because she doesn't want to get old she fears getting older. Since i haven't seen my aunt punk in who knows how long since i was maybe 13 years old. She is if i had to guess now around 48 or 49 years old now.

Drugs are never good.

--------------------
Passing ghosts heres the host
talk of nothing matters most
urban fracture whats the matter
only i am lost

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockratease
Loyal Member
Member # 13891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockratease   Author's Homepage   Email Sockratease   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops meant to edit and I can't delete!

The next post was 'cuz I whoopsidentally hit quote instead of edit.

Blame Drugs!

It's early and I have not had my Coffee!!

--------------------

Posts: 58 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockratease
Loyal Member
Member # 13891

I only mentioned the point because it is relevant in Today's Society.

They are preaching the evils of "Drugs" to kids so much,that a friend of mine's kid Flatly Refused to accept that Coffee or Alcohol or Cigarrettes were Drugs because they were Legal.

The language we use when discussing these issues is Very Important!

I was just nit-picking.

I obviously do not group All Drugs into one category.

But without Careful Articulation of what we mean...

Well, remember that kid?

He started a Huge Debate in school the next day!

It's just good to get people Thinking!

I personally have no problem with amusing ourselves Chemically.

Within Reason!!

I am a Chemist!

I feel that those 5 or 10 years that we knock off our live by so doing will NOT be the Best 5 or 10 years of our lives anyhow!

Plus... Earth gets The Finger in 2012 when Quetzacoatl Returns to Destroy All of Creation and Make It Anew! (Well... That's what The Maya said anyhow.)

So it really doesn't matter either way.

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sockratease:

I feel that those 5 or 10 years that we knock off our live by so doing will NOT be the Best 5 or 10 years of our lives anyhow!

Interesting rationalization. I figure that if you lived a healthy life that your final years will be alright. Lets say in St. Peter's Holy Palm Pilot you are scheduled for an arrival at the Pearly Gates at age 77 from a heart attack after a fling you have with the 30 year old nurse you met at your doctor's office. Taking 10 years off from heavy narcotic abuse would also include reducing the quality of your health and life leading up to that. I would also say that I don't think very many folks that do the heavy stuff from early in life without giving it up have much of a chance of making it out of their 50s.

I did visit one of my former druggie buddies in the hospital a few years ago when he was admitted for a collapsed lung. We are the same age, but he looks like he's 10+ years my senior. The hard life does tend to take a toll on the body. He started smoking regular cigs at 15 to be a substitute for when he couldn't smoke pot (his words from when we were in high school). He was under doctors orders to give up the drugs and tobacky after the life threatening situation, but he's back to using. I doubt the guy is going to make it to 50.

-

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links