Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Concerts? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Concerts?
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious what concerts everyone's been to recently and which ones you plan on going to.

Here's what I've been to/will go to:

Hatebreed with opening acts Drillpoint, Outnumbered, Scars Of Tomorrow and Sworn Enemy in October.

Guns N' Roses with opening acts Die Mannequin, Suicide Girls and Sebastian Bach in November.

I'll be seeing Slayer with opening acts Thine Eyes Bleed and Unearth on Friday.

Heaven And Hell with opening acts Megadeth and Down in March.

Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Zappa Plays Zappa back in December. I don't see shows very often anymore like when I was younger.

From the looks of it you'll be catching some pretty good metal shows. I saw Slayer back in '88 on the South of Heaven Tour and they put on an awesome show. I bet the Heaven and Hell and Megadeth show will be really good too. I've seen Dio as an opening act a few times over the past few years and seeing him fronting for Sabbath without Oz would be really cool. I should probably look for that one in my town.

Have fun!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like seeing small underground bands in small clubs that aren`t too overcrowded. Big festivals and huge shows totally aren`t my thing.
I usually go to a show at least once a week, I mostly get in for free via guest list. Seen some really cool stuff lately but all not too well know.

I really enjoyed "World Inferno Friendship Society" from New York. They rocked!
And Geoff Farina (the vocalist of "Karate") was cool, too.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
I saw Zappa Plays Zappa back in December. I don't see shows very often anymore like when I was younger.

From the looks of it you'll be catching some pretty good metal shows. I saw Slayer back in '88 on the South of Heaven Tour and they put on an awesome show. I bet the Heaven and Hell and Megadeth show will be really good too. I've seen Dio as an opening act a few times over the past few years and seeing him fronting for Sabbath without Oz would be really cool. I should probably look for that one in my town.

Have fun!

I can't wait for the Slayer show. I've been wanting to see them for a long long time but they've never come to Ottawa and I had no one to go with so I missed out on some Toronto and Montreal shows so it'll be great finally getting to see them.

As for the Heaven And Hell show it should definetely be killer. Black Sabbath hasn't played here since 1982, with the same line-up, so it should be good. Megadeth is one of my favorite bands of all time and I missed them when they played here in 1990, which is the only time they played here, so I'm stoked for that one as well. It's just too bad that they're opening because that means that they're set will be shorter than usual. And in case you don't know Down has Phil Anselmo and Rex Brown of Pantera and Pepper Keenan of Corrosion Of Conformity, as well as two other guys I don't know. So Sabbath, Megadeth and half of Pantera should make for an excellent show.

Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2 X 4
Major Player
Member # 2886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2 X 4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most recent live performances I have had the privilege to see are:

Tortoise
Andrew Hill
Dave Douglas
Build An Ark (twice)
Dwight Trible

All were in 2003-04.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tortoise
Awesome! They played live outdoors on this market place in my town center, for free! It was incredible...they are some of the best musicians ever. The band members kept exchanging each others instruments and places on stage.

-Hal-

[ February 05, 2007, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Hal ]

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no particular order from this year/past year,and I'm sure theres shows I miss puttin here:
cradle of filth/69 eyes

slaine

hanzel un greytel/bella morte/wyked witch

h.I.m (never again lol)

necro/ill bill n co

bile

nin

carnivore

roadrunner allstars show(think that was in this past year)

genitorturers/mortiis

25 ta life

I know they wernt concerts but the crowd was similar so i'll also list this years ecw ons,and the last time ecw was @ the hammerstein.if you were there you would know why I listed them lol.I'm sure theres other shows I've been to,that's jus off the head.

Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw idk how megadeath live will be now with dave now a born again.dude won't play a tour in europe if rotting christ opens for em lol
Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Three Doors Down tour...had opening acts such as Breaking Benjamin(one of my favorite bands now!),STAIND, Finger Eleven. The last club performance is Bedouin SoundClash...there opening acts were a local band called "The Chucky Danger Band" and "The Junction" all in all good times.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet
Elite Trooper
Member # 2117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vineofthorns:
no particular order from this year/past year,and I'm sure theres shows I miss puttin here:
cradle of filth/69 eyes

slaine

h.I.m (never again lol)

necro/ill bill n co

bile

nin

carnivore

genitorturers/mortiis

25 ta life

I know they wernt concerts but the crowd was similar so i'll also list this years ecw ons,and the last time ecw was @ the hammerstein.if you were there you would know why I listed them lol.I'm sure theres other shows I've been to,that's jus off the head.

Nice, Daemoness and myself saw Bella Morte/ Hanzel und gretyl as well.
Posts: 425 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Slayer's setlist from last night.

Intro (Darkness Of Christ)
Disciple
War Ensemble
Jihad
Die By The Sword
Show no Mercy
Captor of Sin
Cult
Bloodline
Mandatory Suicide
Seasons In The Abyss
Supremist
Eyes Of The Insane
Postmortem
Silent Scream
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
South of Heaven
Angel Of Death

footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Here's a clip from Unearth's set on Friday if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3voDGy2hRE4

vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

quote:
Originally posted by scarlet:
quote:
Originally posted by vineofthorns:
cradle of filth/69 eyes

slaine

h.I.m (never again lol)

necro/ill bill n co

bile

nin

carnivore

genitorturers/mortiis

25 ta life

Nice, Daemoness and myself saw Bella Morte/ Hanzel und gretyl as well.
yea good show hug was in top shape as usual,bella morte was entertaining but I was a lil heated being they kinda strayed from their older goth sound,and their older punk sound for their set.all n all solid show,and my friends band as the local opener was an added bonus lol..what did you guys think of it?
scarlet
Elite Trooper
Member # 2117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought HuG was amazing. I don't mind Morte's new stuff but I agree it isn't as good as their old.
Posts: 425 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

quote:
Originally posted by scarlet:
I thought HuG was amazing. I don't mind Morte's new stuff but I agree it isn't as good as their old.

I agree,this album that's out now seems like a mix of all their ''eras''n it was better than their linkin park soundin last album lol.last time I saw them they played the albion/batcave here and the majority of their set was mainly their punk shit,that's what surprised me wit this tour
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links