Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » best resident evil game (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: best resident evil game
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
video games seem to be really popular around here, i rarely play anymore but my all time favorite is the resident evil series

i might buy a xbox 360 or ps3 just to get RE 5

which one is your favorite?

i first played RE 1 when i was in 8th grade (11 years ago) and it scared me more than any movie i've seen but i like RE 3 Nemesis the best

i feel it was more challenging then the others and i feel it had the best music and sound effects

RE 2 and RE 4 seem to be the most popular but i thought RE2 was too easy and RE 4 was too long and not quite as scary as the others

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
russ
Elite Trooper
Member # 10866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for russ   Author's Homepage   Email russ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember playing RE 1 sometime in elementary school and it scaring the hell out of me. RE 2 was great and I agree that RE 3 was very challenging.

RE 4 was the one that I spent the most time on, played through the most times and enjoyed the most. RE 4 is probably my favorite game of all time, at least in my top 3.

The resident evil series is one of the best game series for sure.

Posts: 482 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Resident Evil 4"LIVE BY THE GAME!!! DIE BY THE GAME!!!!

Never played any of it's predecessors. A friend suggesed it to me but wasn't too into it as the cover didn't tickle my fancy. One day I had a coupon "HIRE ONE HIRE ONE FREE" for our local vid store... and I chose a "TIME SPLITTERS - Future Perfect and couldn't decide on the other one so just grabbed RE4 for the hell-of-it... I wasn't sorry...

Resident Evil 4 is a 10 outta 10 game [Thumbs Up] ... the other game "TIME SPLITTERS - Future Perfect" is a pretty good game too... Play it if you're a Back to the Future fan or into if your into time minipulation movies... I'll give that a 9/10..

If you haven't picked up RE4... YOUR MISSING OUT!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Mike:

i might buy a xbox 360 or ps3 just to get RE 5

I'm picking up a PS3 and a 50 inch HD T.V when RE5 comes out...

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, this is so my thread...I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. Personally, my favorite one is Resident Evil 2. It was a vast improvement over the already excellent original, and also had a very unique way of telling the whole story, with the zapping system. Other than Resident Evil 0, its been the last RE game with 2 main characters. Everything since then has 1 central character, and other supporting characters you could eventually play as for a little while. Just about everything about the game was perfect to me.

But with all that said, the best RE game is Resident Evil 4. This is exactly how Resident Evil was meant to be in the long run, and even though I really liked the traditional fixed camera view of its predecessors and the previously awkward control scheme (its second-nature to me by now), everything about RE4 was perfect. And the most ironic thing about it is that the controls are the exact same as the older ones, its just that the camera follows the character from behind. My only gripes (and they're really minor gripes) are that it didn't have the truly authentic guns that all the older RE games had, nor did it have the EKG life meter. That's just me though; I'm a real RE traditionalist. Other than that, I loved RE4 and it truly is the best one yet.

It's one of the only reasons I'm planning on buying a PS3 at some point (the other two reasons are Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4).

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`ve only played the first one but that was brilliant for it`s time. Loved the haunting atmosphere.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
I`ve only played the first one but that was brilliant for it`s time. Loved the haunting atmosphere.

-Hal-

indeed it was

like i said i was in 8th grade when i first played it 11 years ago, damn time flies

i had the playstation hooked up in the family room and my parents and two sisters would watch me play it like they were watching a movie, my mom would jump and scream whenever i was attacked [Laugh]

good times [Smile]

i also want to say that i thought RE: Code veronica was underrated, i would say it's tied for my second favorite with the original

the worst resident evil was RE ZERO, i also thought the resident evil remake for gamecube wasn't as scary as the original on playstation

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Resident Evil Four the best. I like longer games and i liked all the different facets of the game. Can't wait for the next one.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Once I finished the game first time around, I was gutted coz I wasn't satisfied & I hungered to play more... BUT once "Seperate Ways" opened up... I was like WOOOOOHOOOO [Woot] ... [Big Grin] Everything about it was perfect, finishing all the sub-games left me satisfied, at the same time looking forward to the next one.

The perfect game was all packed into a 4.7GB disc... Imagine the advancement that will be waiting on the Monsterous 25-GIGGED bluray [Drool]

--------------------

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Resident Evil is also one of my favorite game series. I've played: Resident Evil 1 (and its remake on the Gamecube), 2, 3, and 4. I've also played Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 (own 2, but have not played it). Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Resident Evil: Gun Survivor, Resident Evil: Dead Aim and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

As for my favorite, I'm going to have to go with part 3 and Code Veronica. A friend of mine was playing Resident Evil 2 on his Nintendo 64 one evening and I had never played it, much less saw it. I had just got back into video games at that time. I wanted to get it, but I had a Playstation. I went to Wal-Mart since the ones here used to be open 24 hours and it was like 1 a.m. and found Resident Evil 3. I wasn't sure if I saw my friend playing 3, but the police station scene was pictured, so I had thought I found the same game. I later learned that I had not, but I loved 3 so much I went and bought Resident Evil Director's Cut and part 2. From that time I have bought every Resident Evil game that has come out on American platforms.

As for Code Veronica, I really loved that game. It's the only game I have ever traded in though. When it came out on Sega Dreamcast, it was the only console it was on at the time. When it later came out on the Playstation 2, I traded it in and got the PS2 version. I wanted to play with the controller I was used to playing Resident Evil games on.

Here is the intro cinematics that were even emulated a little in the Resident Evil 2 movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f-zGnWP_gg

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:

As for my favorite, I'm going to have to go with part 3 and Code Veronica.

finally somebody that agrees with me

most people say these two are the worst in the series

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

i'm sure all resident evil fans will enjoy these vids

live action resident evil (hilarious)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aI1fuU8xBC8

Uncensored Resident Evil Opening (this was supposed to be included with RE director's cut but they screwed up during production)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_GyOYaDHquE

resident evil 5 trailer (i practically had an orgasm watching this, i'm going to spend $500 or so just to get it)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuP43jcaXw

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first vid is awesome! [Laugh]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now this is one Resident Evil movie I can actually enjoy...I abhorred all 3 so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh6EGGJ35DY

And if you like Resident Evil based comedy, well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5l_fhYXfpk

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mighty Mike,

Resident Evil looks good graphically, but I am just not crazy about the loss of zombies. I love the zombies.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links