Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Movie Theater Etiquette (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Movie Theater Etiquette
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 11 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday afternoon we went to the last early matinee showing of a movie around 4:30pm. I'm used to catching movies way earlier in the day when fewer people go to the theater. We usually go to the newer stadium seating theater close to where we live and my favorite place to sit is at the top in the very back row. No one behind you to kick your seat for example...

Anyway we went later in the day as I mentioned and the back row was already taken. We took the next row down and sat toward the middle. As soon as the movie started when the previews were over the people that were sitting behind us left and never came back. About 5 minutes later a group of six came in and went to the very back. They were talking as they went up the stairs and then as they found their seats they bumped every seat as they walked by. Four times the entire group got up during the movie and walked out together to the concession stand bumping each seat as they walked by. These are the type of folks that also talk out loud to the movie screen. We saw "Mirrors" so you can imagine their conversations... "Uh oh. Donchu look in dat mirror!" The last time they walked out to the stand and bumped all the chairs one paticularily fat lady popped my wife in the head with her hand. My wife didn't tell me what happened until after we left the theater.

I'll stick to the early showings or just wait for the DVD from now on. Anyone else have any theater annoyances?

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.J.
All Pro Poster
Member # 24686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.J.   Email J.J.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wait for the DVD for exactly that reason, can't remember the last time I was in a theater. Besides you can't smoke any [Joint]
in the theater without people getting slightly upset [Big Grin] so I'm happy watching the films at home.

--------------------
Born again pagan baby, craving the moon, I worship Venus as she swallows me whole.

Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thundercracker
All Pro Poster
Member # 7778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thundercracker   Email Thundercracker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally hear you, LeDaemon. I pass a nice, recently built and very modern theater only 20 minutes away, to go like an hour out because the crowds at the one closest to me are always so loud and obnoxious.

A few years ago was the last straw.

I went to a movie and had to sit through about two hours of "DAAAMN! THEY F*CKED THAT! DUDE! UP!" and "OH SH*T! THAT B*TCH IS CRAZY! YOU SEE WHAT SHE DID?!" and "OH SH*T! YALL MOTH*RF*CKERS ARE F*CKED UP! YALL SHOULD'VE BEEN F*CKIN WITH THEM!" All this intellectual commentary, nonstop til the end, at no extra charge! And the worst part about this is that these are not teenagers, but adults!

So the theater I go to now is relatively better, but I still try to avoid the big crowds, catching the very last shows 12:00-12:30 am, and going on weekdays.

It's a shame that some knuckleheads have to ruin a movie for everybody. I'm all for the idea of simultaneous movie theater/home release of films the big studios are playing with. [Smile]

Posts: 656 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something tells me they were also popping their chewing gum loudly too.

_fjb_ [Mad]

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe if they had their gfs feet in their lap while watching the flick - they'd shut the *up

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't deal with that often, I usually join in..assuming nearly the entire audience does it. (IE Superhero movies) But what I hate, is if you haven't gotten into a story before seeing a film, and your friend knows all about it, and starts telling you everything about the characters, its like "Wow, why not just tell me everything that's going to happen as well?" A friend of mine does that, and we go in larger groups..so I try my best not to sit by him.
Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Second Timer   Author's Homepage   Email Second Timer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went to two separate movies with two different buddies of mine in early summer. it was my last movie that i'll ever attend with either friend.

1st one: my buddy dan burped about a half dozen times, out loud, during quiet parts of the movie. he also ripped an empty box of goobers up into tiny pieces for about a half hour so all i heard was...pfff, pfff, pfff, pffff. he also gets a kick out of throwing popcorn and other garbage in an irresponsible manner on the floor. i need to not be associated with this person any longer as he just refuses to grow up. he's 45 yrs. old. it's scary.

2nd: my buddy tony, who's going through a divorce, talked throughout an ENTIRE MOVIE! AAARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. when i asked him to please SHUT THE FUCK UP, he fidgeted and made it clear that he was bored. again, another FUCKING child who has to be the spotlight of attention. never, ever, ever, ever, ever again!!!

so yeah, ledaemon, the movie theatre has been a nightmare for me because of who i brought with me.

early daytime & solo is most enjoyable for me.

Posts: 238 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You described the situation very well, it's easy to visualize what you went through. It almost seems like some of the annoyances were intentional (bumping every chair, etc.).

Another problem with movie theatres, is that even the nice guys can (unintentionally) hinder the experience. Last movie I went to, there were a couple of loud, obnoxious people a few rows back, but everything else was great - until a very tall (and very nice) guy comes walking in with his little brother and sits right in front of us. This guy was TALL and he had a pompadeau hair stoop that looked like Mink DeVille. As nice as the guy was, his height (and hairdo) had us creening and bending, trying to find positions to see past it all.

Thank Heavens for DVD and Blue Ray!

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thundercracker
All Pro Poster
Member # 7778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thundercracker   Email Thundercracker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^OMG! As soon as you told that "tall guy" story, I thought this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9tYZoO7mA&NR=1

Posts: 656 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what did they look like and how old would you say they were?

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tk421
Loyal Member
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tk421   Author's Homepage   Email tk421   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biggest theater pet peeve is when a person sits right in front of you and their head is in the middle of the screen, so you have to move from side to side of your seat to see around them.
A close second that I hate is when someone sits in the seat directly next to you that you don't know. I personally enjoy the one empty seat buffer-zone on each side of me.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah my wife and i went to see Forgetting Sara Marshall and these two bitches kept talking the entire beginning of the movie and then started making comments about the guy's penis in the movie ... saying ooohh i just had one of those today. So i turned around and said will you please shut the hell up.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WillJerk4Feet
Elite Trooper
Member # 21497

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WillJerk4Feet   Email WillJerk4Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LD, like you guys do, we usually go to the early shows at 11:30am - 12 or so to avoid the crowds and general goofiness. Even when The Dark Knight came out the first weekend, which was sold out in the afternoons/nighttime, we saw it at 9:30 am and there were only about 20 people in the whole theater. LOL Ya!
Posts: 384 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's cool for me because I'm good friends with several people that are managers at my local theater. When people act like asses in my movies, all I have to do is send a quick text to one of them and they bring in security to tell them to STFU. It's awesome cause I don't even have to get up to complain so they're left wondering how security even knew. [Big Grin]

--------------------
KLTPZYXM (kil-tip-ZEE-zim)

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cain:
Yeah my wife and i went to see Forgetting Sara Marshall and these two bitches kept talking the entire beginning of the movie and then started making comments about the guy's penis in the movie ... saying ooohh i just had one of those today. So i turned around and said will you please shut the hell up.

awesome

people need to tell these morons to shut the fuck up, don't let them ruin the movie that you probably paid $10 to see

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links