Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Movie Theater Etiquette (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Movie Theater Etiquette
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been in a movie theater since "Sleeping With the Enemy" - such has been my social life. Honestly, though, I haven't missed it at all (this from someone who used to haunt the theaters at least once a week).

I keep hearing about the wonders of all the new hi-tech theaters but really have no serious motivation to go.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:
I haven't been in a movie theater since "Sleeping With the Enemy" - such has been my social life. Honestly, though, I haven't missed it at all (this from someone who used to haunt the theaters at least once a week).

I keep hearing about the wonders of all the new hi-tech theaters but really have no serious motivation to go.

I'd go catch an early showing of a movie before the idiot crowd makes it in the evening. You would probably enjoy seeing something in a theater with stadium seating and the new sound systems. Drawbacks are now they have advertisements played before movie previews. Not 30 second "TV" style commercials, but ads that run for a couple of minutes a piece. Another annoyance is that the time listed for the movie to start is actually the time that they start showing ads. Your movie won't start for about another 15 minutes after the posted time. At least that is the way its been the last several movies I've seen at this one local theater.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Another annoyance is that the time listed for the movie to start is actually the time that they start showing ads. Your movie won't start for about another 15 minutes after the posted time. At least that is the way its been the last several movies I've seen at this one local theater.
So true...and sometimes even 30minutes of ads, at least over here in Germany. Even some of the children`s movies have at least 20minutes of ads...which totally sucks if you`re in the cinema with an 8 year old child and the main movie is still another 70-80minutes. Plus, some of the ads are totally inappropriate for children.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been to a late session since..... forever....

I mainly catch earlier sessions anyway to avoid long ticket lines, the parking and the hassle.... The bad thing about the newer cinemas, the seats are allocated But there is plenty of leg space and the audiences have been well behaved thus far. I pay my $15 and expect to get my moneys worth.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hit or miss. Sometimes when we go to the movies you get the annoying ass cellphone songs and the people who get pissed off when people make a noise and counter it by being even louder, even longer... Kinda reminds me of this clip from Scary Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FybwuWbcDso

For the most part, however, it isn't too bad.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That clip was hilarious! The worst I've had to do is throw ice or popcorn at asshats that talk through the movie.

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I like how everyone else has a shank and knifes her down and the killer is just chilling with a soda.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick:

I am with you - my phone has been on vibrate for years. I think those stupid loud rings on phones are ridiculous. Especially when a granny has "Sensual Seduction," playing.

I have worked in the DHH community and light/vibration is what works not loudness. If these people are pretending to be deaf it ain't funny.

Mine might have some Manson or Bravery, I digress.

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Elvzz,

My ringtone is actually a sound clip of a gunshot and then Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction saying, "Oh I'm sorry... Did I break your concentration?"

Patrick

--------------------
 -

feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People talking, or even whispering loudly during movies is seemingly getting worse. I live in a county where 65% of our population is over 65. Very annoying when an elderly couple is sitting behind you and one of them is always asking the other "what did they say", or "who's that?". If you're too old to hear or too senile to follow the plot and characters in a movie- stay the hell home!

Also kills me how many people don't heed the 50, in some cases extended, "please turn your cell phone off" messages. What ditzes.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by feetluvr:
Very annoying when an elderly couple is sitting behind you and one of them is always asking the other "what did they say", or "who's that?". If you're too old to hear or too senile to follow the plot and characters in a movie- stay the hell home!

[Laugh] lol... I know what you mean. I grew up with a few older uncks and ants who were the same when watching T.V programmes and the person explaining the plot misses whats happening at that moment, then that person asks me and I just shug my shoulders saying "dunno" ....

Hang on.... I'm the same watching DVD's. [Big Grin] I hit the rewind button alot coz alot of DVD movies the vocals are quite low and the sound effects are too loud.

But in the cinema, the sounds are balanced so I have no problem there. BTW I ain't elderly [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edward De Vere
Loyal Member
Member # 8565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edward De Vere   Email Edward De Vere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAAHA i would like to see some of those older people get kicked out of the theater for being obnoxious. That would be hilarious.

The rewinding comment reminded me of something funny. Sometimes i actually try to reach for my remote while i am "in" the theater. Obviously i've been watching to many movies at home. [Tongue]

One thing that has been happening to me at a very alarming rate is the amount of feet distraction when im trying to pay attention to something. The last time i went to the theater right before it started, this cute lady sat right in front of me and put her feet on the chair in front of her. So now its eye level with me. They were nice looking, but not sure if its so good having that kind of distraction the entire movie. Usually they just press there feet into the top half of the seat. Would you guys be complaining if a good-looking girl put her feet were in your line of sight? Are you guys tall enough to have that be a constant distraction, even if they were just on the chair in front of them and not on top of it? Or is this a weird random coincidence i keep having?

--------------------
Smooth and intriguing like i said!

Posts: 75 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Eave:
The last time i went to the theater right before it started, this cute lady sat right in front of me and put her feet on the chair in front of her. So now its eye level with me.

Females, especially younger pre-teen and teen girls, putting their flip-flopped or bare feet on the backs and tops of the theater chairs in front of them is quite the rage these days, at least before the movie starts. I've seen some nice displays of feet every time I go to the movies.

But even if they're not doing that, just having a gal with nice feet sit next to you or close to can be VERY distracting. Though it can be a litle dark to see well.

The last time I was at the movies a gal with great feet in sandals sat on the aisle seat of a row, opposite side and down a few rows from me. She kept crossing her left leg over her right, putting her sandaled foot into the aisle in full view. Very distracting.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

The downside to that feeluvr is all the dudes wearing thongs doing the same thing. I was sitting minding my own business when I turned my head and saw some shmoe's hairy toes sitting on the arm of the chair two seats down from me. Almost threw up in my mouth...

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links