Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » the online dating thread... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the online dating thread...
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
online dating > online hating

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had asked the question because i have been into online dating for quite sometime. i usually get the same success as in real life, which is none [Laugh]

so, i was just wondering what everyone else thought of it. i didn't have the slightest clue that i would start world war III or anything.

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some interesting online dating statistics from the book "Freakonomics" by economists Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner.

According to a study using data from one of the mainstream dating sites:

- 57% of online dating site members are men.
My comment: Focus on your real life.

- 4% claim to make over two hundred grand a year, when in reality less than 1% of typical users actually earn that much.

My comment: People are such liars.

- The women typically claim to be 20 lbs less than the national average.

My comment: See above comment.

- 70 percent of women claim to have "above average looks."

My comment: Not sure what to make of that.

- 67 percent of men claim to have "above average looks."

My comment: What modesty!

- 28 percent of women claim they are blond - a number far beyond the national average.

My comment: Funny, because many men I've talked to prefer brunettes.

- A man who does not include a photo get one-fourth of email response of a man who does.

My comment: Of course. Why would you bother to sign up for a profile if you aren't going to take a picture.

- A woman who does not include a photo get one-sixth of email response of a woman who does.

My comment: See above comment.

- 57 percent of men who post ads don't receive even one email.

My comment: Focus on your real life.

- 23 percent of women who post ads don't receive any email.

My comment: Must be sad to be a woman and not receive emails on a dating site ...really...

- The richer a man is, the more responses he receives.

My comment: Biology.

- The better looking a woman is, the more responses she receives.

My comment: Biology.

- Men prefer to date students, artists, musicians, veterinarians, and celebrities while avoiding secreteries, retirees, and women who work in military or law enforcement.

My comment: Social proof / alpha status!

- Women prefer dating military men, policemen, firemen, lawyers, and financial executives, but avoid laborers, actors, students, and men who work in food services or hospitality.

My comment: Social proof / alpha status!

- For men, baldness is bad, but a shaved head is okay.

My comment: Shave your head instead of whining if you're going bald.

- For women, being overweight is deadly.

My comment: Go to the fucking gym! Really.

Interesting stats, huh?

Regardless of the stats, just remember that at the end of the day, the cumulative score is what matters. Being rich or being in the military may score you a few more points, but you gotta look at other factors (such as your dating skills) as well!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"57% of online dating site members are men."

pretty close to the 60/40 i assume would be on dating sites.

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's more men because even fat chicks have guys asking them out

guys typically do the work when it comes to initiating conversation and asking them out

some guys are too shy to talk to women in person

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links