Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Has anyone been on crutches? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Has anyone been on crutches?
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
quote:
Originally posted by sofatater:
I spent 3 weeks on crutches and another 2 weeks with a cane after boogering up my left ankle and knee. I was draping a tarp over a load of pipe when a gust of wind snatched me and the tarp off of the truck and dropped us about eight feet to a frozen parking lot.

OUCH!! sounds like it hurt. During my injury it can get regretable looking back on the accident and how a mionor (or a few minor) precautions could've avoided this injury and long recovery period. Oh well it's a lesson learnt......the hard way I guess [Smile]
Yeah. Don't wanna do that again. It happened in Philadelphia and I had to drive for two days to Orlando to make the delivery and go home. Shifting a 10 speed transmission up and down, then hobbling around to untarp the load in Orlando and roll and stow the tarps then drive home. But, you do what ya gotta do to put food on the table.

Like we said in the business "Quit yer bitchin'. Truckin' aint fer sissy's."
[Cheers]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Good on you sofa, I'm useless at the mo. Just moved to Oz and no insurance only the missus source of income and just under budget slowly sinking into a financial hole... "Break out the violins...."...lol

Anyhoo, just got the cast off yesterday and they've placed me in a robocop looking boot support for the next 6 weeks. I know there's alot more people worse off than us so greatful for what I have [Smile]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No insurance? I can relate. Luckily I've been in good health these past few years. I hope things get better for you soon, bro.

After 2 years and eight months of being unemployed, spending all of my savings, cashing in my 401k, selling anything and everything I could, I was finally blessed and got a job today.  -

I've been submitting an average of 9 applications per week since Dec. of 2007, and I've been called for only four interviews. I got my state Security license last Sept.(11 months ago) and I just got hired today. I start working on Monday. So, I'm gonna get hammered tonight to celebrate!!  -

Here's to better luck for everybody at Wu's... [Cheers]
 -

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links