Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » i phone aps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i phone aps
curly09
Major Player
Member # 33380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curly09   Email curly09   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just upgraded phone and im looking for some good aps to get,what are some fun ones?

Does wu have an ap??

Posts: 220 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Droid man myself, but from experience I found that everything you expect from old phones you should get on your smartphone - examples include calculator, converter, stopwatch etc etc - I don't know about iPhones, but I know my droid didn't come with this sort of stuff as standard which left me in a tight spot when I needed it.

There's also quazi-legal ones like police scanners which can pick up police radio chatter which is kinda fun.

Angry Birds, Paper Toss...my mind's gone blank now...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a Droid too, but pretty much all the apps appear on both phones. Andy, my phone pretty much came with all that standard stuff and more you mentioned you didn't have. Its an HTC EVO4 and even has voice controls a year before iPhone 4S came out.

Good apps are Weather Channel, Pandora, Netflix (if you have an account already,) my bank has an app I downloaded for online banking which has come in handy too.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have an iphone and an android tablet and trust me.. the apps on the iphone are a zillion times better. apple may have final say in who gets to publish an app, but it also ensures quality control.

i agree with LeDaemon that pandora is a great app although i dont bother with netflix with such a small screen. i use my tablet for that. the weather channel i dont bother with cause i am not smart enough to worry about the weather [Laugh]

my must haves:
- twitter
- facebook
- pandora
- stitcher: access to tons of podcasts that will stream in lieu of downloading. piers morgan, freakaonomics, and dan savage are great.
- thechive and pocket reddit are great fun for killing time browsing amazing pics
- b emoji is a good app if you use emoticons when you chat
- monster apps, appallstar, and app deals offer daily apps and games that are on sale (typically for free)
- key ring is a cool one that collects all your membership service cards and creates barcodes that the cashiers can scan instead of having 10 cards on your keychain or wallet.
- skysaffari is a cool astronomy app that will help you learn the constellations and will give you real time and real place locations. as you hold your phone to the sky and pivot, the map on the phone will pivot with you.
- there are a few cloud apps that allow you to store music and videos on the cloud so you can stream anywhere, especially good if you have wifi. i use pogoplug but thats because i bought their hardware which gives me the ability to add multiple external harddrives to the system.

for games:
- pocket frogs. not sure why but i love breeding them and trying to fill my frogdex catalog.
- wordfeud or words with friends. your typical scrabble games
- flickhomerun
- asphalt 6
- zombie gs
- sims medieval and freeplay
- nfs shift 2

i am sure there's more but i just cant think of them at the moment.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
I use a Droid too, but pretty much all the apps appear on both phones. Andy, my phone pretty much came with all that standard stuff and more you mentioned you didn't have. Its an HTC EVO4 and even has voice controls a year before iPhone 4S came out.

Good apps are Weather Channel, Pandora, Netflix (if you have an account already,) my bank has an app I downloaded for online banking which has come in handy too.

Mine was the budgety of budgetness though haha

Samsung Galaxy Fit - my first branch into smartphones [Smile]

got it for $161 PAYG [Wink]

The only real bug in my ass about it is it doesn't have a camera flash, but what-thefuck-ever, ya know?

#FirstWorldProblems

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some of my favorites:

- WorldMate ... manage your travel itineraries, reservations, hotels and track flights, etc.
- Slacker (premium account)
- MOG ... Subscription gives UN-limited songs on Demand
- Mapquest
- Key Ring ... all my Rewards Cards on one App, and they work in the stores (Starbucks card, Fred Meyers, Best Buy, Safeway, etc.)
- Photobucket
- Songbird (my favorite music player)
- Tune In Radio
- Pulse
- HD Weather
- Walgreens (I LOVE this)... I can be out snapping photos of a footgirl, upload instantly to my Walgreens account. Go get coffee somewhere, Select Prints, choose the closest Walgreens, click the "Go" button ... finish coffee and pop in at the Walgreens ANYWHERE to pick up the prints. Footgirls LOVE this.

Between my phones, tablets and other devices, I probably have hundreds of apps installed. The favorites do change from time to time.

[ January 24, 2012, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben, whats MOG? my wife has rhapsody and its about $9/month for unlimited songs on demand too but the app is limited to 1 device per account so it wont work on mine unless we upgrade and then its like $20/month. not worth it to me since i have almost unlimited cloud storage. anyway, i am interested in learning more about MOG. thanks.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
Ben, whats MOG? my wife has rhapsody and its about $9/month for unlimited songs on demand too but the app is limited to 1 device per account so it wont work on mine unless we upgrade and then its like $20/month. not worth it to me since i have almost unlimited cloud storage. anyway, i am interested in learning more about MOG. thanks.

MOG is something like Rhapsody ... you can pay $5 a month and get unlimited, on-demand music through your web browser from any computer. Over 14 Million songs in the catalogue.

For $5 more, making it $10 per month, you get unlimited music on demand on any computer AND on any device.

I use MOG on my Android phones, iphone, Tablets and ipod touch. Using this on a phone, I can run it through the AUX in on my car stereo and use that for my driving tunes.

I've also used RDIO ... which is just like MOG and much like rhapsody. I've toggled back & forth between the two, using one for a few months and then the other.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulsafootlover
Major Player
Member # 2118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulsafootlover   Email tulsafootlover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben do the people at Walgreens give you strange looks or ask if you have a foot fetish?
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by tulsafootlover:
Ben do the people at Walgreens give you strange looks or ask if you have a foot fetish?

They DO! I cracked up when I read this, because it's always an episode when I go in to pick up prints. I usually bring the footgirl with me, and I've picked up prints at Walgreen stores in several different cities & states.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Just found out there are GameBoy emulators for Androids! (and I assume for iPhones too)

http://www.roms4droid.com/gs_gba.php

You can play doom and Pokemón on your phone ffs!

--------------------
 -

2swift
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2swift   Email 2swift   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have also recently joined the collective and now each have an iphone 4S. I am always on the lookout for new and useful apps.

I finally found a very good and accurate navigation app with turn by turn voice direction too. The googlemaps that is preinstalled on the 4S is great, but does not give voice directions.

I now use the mapquest app. It's free and gives voice directions which for me is a huge help when driving.

I also use Runkeeper which is a very good fitness program to track your distance and time when you run, walk, bike and a host of other distance exercises.

Yelp app is very good for online reviews and to see what is around you. The monacle feature is awesome.

Star Rover is a great astronomy app. Uses your GPS and camera to show real time constellation, star and planet locations in the sky as you point your phone up in that direction.

For shopping I use Key Ring, pic2shop and Shopsavvy...the last two let you scan bar codes on products then searches for the best price in your area.

Those are a few of the apps I am using now.

Lets keep this running and post any other apps that sound interesting and useful.

Regards,
2swift

Posts: 2141 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links