Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Website layout changes... (a rant)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Website layout changes... (a rant)
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering why Youtube, Yahoo, and Facebook change their layouts all the time so I searched for answers. It seem most people said that it's because the layouts get old and stagnant and boring. Really? I don't understand why people would feel this way about a site that they frequent alot. Wu's hasn't changed since I discovered it back in 2002 and everyone here seems fine with it. It just seems irritating to me when a site changes where they put things and I have to search for them all over again. The old saying goes "Don't fix whats not broken."

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, it should be the content that you are looking at and the interactive interface you use daily that you are used to that matter most. There's no reason to change what works and sells.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is ok to change the layout...but let us be able to customize it back if we don't want all the dumb features!

Some of the changes are due to 'modern web languages' like HTML5. There is a push to update sites as more people are using mobile devices and non-ie browsers.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
facebook also has changed their site alot because they are offering more and 'better' content. personally, i think all their added has done nothing but slow down their site and made things more complicated than necessary.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KDCX859
All Pro Poster
Member # 25431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDCX859   Email KDCX859   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I have no problem with the layout as a whole, it's familiar and easy, i wouldn't mind either deletion or updates on the sections that haven't been active in a long time.

The stories page hasn't had a new post since 2003. Foot Column hasn't had something new since January 2007. Hall of Fame? 2005. In my opinion, update them or kick 'em to the curb, it's sloppy.

Posts: 769 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corporations usually try to remain "fresh" so the site will be/stay attractive to advertisers.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] lol, you sound like an old guy complaing about nothing wrong with 8track cassettes why do they have to go to mp3 [Tongue] j/k

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links