Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Do you prefer to drive Manual/Stick or Automatic? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you prefer to drive Manual/Stick or Automatic?
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a standard question Manual or Auto?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 17 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manual for me. I feel more in control of the vehicle. I have had experience with these types and I think Tiptronic shifting are for amateurs like a manual rip off or as training wheels to a bicycle.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No experience with manual, so I went with automatic.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footlover728
Board Regular
Member # 45413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footlover728   Email footlover728   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manual all day !
Posts: 26 | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try sitting in California Freeway traffic with a manual and see how you like it then lol...with that said, manual is better with a lot less moving parts to fail, better MPG, and control of power. Just not in stop n' go traffic.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18374 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manual. So much more you can do, as far as control, with a manual. Sometimes I get bored driving my truck to work and its an automatic. I'll take my wifes car because its a manual.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka.footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 32751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aka.footjoyboy   Email aka.footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have driven manual for about 4/5 of my driving life, but I'll take automatic any day, especially on a hill at a stoplight.
Both of my vehicles now are automatic and I couldn't be happier.

--------------------
Yes, I'm that footjoyboy

-

Posts: 10513 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KDCX859
All Pro Poster
Member # 25431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDCX859   Email KDCX859   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your not a real driver unless there are 3 pedals. I've owned 6 vehicles so far and all have been manual transmissions. I've gone from New York to Illinois to get a car due to the fact that it was a standard. I drove 3 hours away to get my current truck for the same reason.
More control, less drivetrain power losses, less electronic nannies to keep track of, feeling more connected with the machine are all reasons for me. I just plain prefer a clutch, and I've driven on freeways that turn into parking lots, and I still prefer it.
With that being said, technology has come a long way with automatics and some can hold more power and shift faster than manuals, and the efficiency difference is almost nil so I can see why people choose automatics for more than just convenience.... But still... Clutch rules!
I'm just old school, and it's going to suck when I need a new vehicle once mine starts dying, pickings are getting slim for a truck with a clutch.

Posts: 769 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KDCX859:
Your not a real driver unless there are 3 pedals. I've owned 6 vehicles so far and all have been manual transmissions. I've gone from New York to Illinois to get a car due to the fact that it was a standard. I drove 3 hours away to get my current truck for the same reason.
More control, less drivetrain power losses, less electronic nannies to keep track of, feeling more connected with the machine are all reasons for me. I just plain prefer a clutch, and I've driven on freeways that turn into parking lots, and I still prefer it.
With that being said, technology has come a long way with automatics and some can hold more power and shift faster than manuals, and the efficiency difference is almost nil so I can see why people choose automatics for more than just convenience.... But still... Clutch rules!
I'm just old school, and it's going to suck when I need a new vehicle once mine starts dying, pickings are getting slim for a truck with a clutch.

Well said and True. The only time a real good built automatic is needed is for timed drag racing. There's a bunch of options for manual transmissions in trucks, you just have to look.( Or order from the factory). [Cheers]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18374 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiny Dave
Hall Of Famer
Member # 30771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiny Dave   Email Tiny Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when it comes to hauling and pulling trailors I like a stick plus one with an overdrive.

--------------------
Oh my what huge feet you have my dear.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Homie
Elite Trooper
Member # 44308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Homie   Author's Homepage   Email The Homie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their is only one way to drive a vehicle and its stick. I HATE automatics. And I live in southern California right by the 405. Yeah it sucks in traffic BUT, to have full control of ur car, with no lag, with the response you need at that time, its like ur one with the car. Honestly

I recently took a road a trip to the sequoia national forest and I couldn't take my car (stick) so I had to drive my girlfriends(Auto), JEEEZ!!! THE WORST! dont get me started on how we barely made it up each tiny slope and massive uphills. We were pushing the motor. We were barely keeping up with the big semi trucks. Not to mention we killed a TON of gas
Now, if I was in my car I could've dropped a gear or two kept my car at a good rpm and cruise up with the hills with ease. While saving gas, not pushing my motor hard and still keeping it at 65-75mph.

Plus, you can do burnouts [Woot] [Thumbs Up] [Joint]

But this is all maybe bc wen I first started driving my dad made me drive a stick truck and take my driving test in. So I guess im more comfortable and in control haha [Big Grin]

Posts: 320 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until my current car, I spent all my life driving a manual. For the most part, there really hasn't been a real adjustment.

Not until it snows, anyway; I hate that the automatic continually down-shifts (causing a serious loss of traction) when I would ordinarily stay in a higher gear to avoid putting too much power to the wheels. Hills and curves on hills, can become very exciting when this happens.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never learned stick believe it or not... Would love to try but stick would annoy me unless it was on more deserted roads where you could open it up...

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KDCX859
All Pro Poster
Member # 25431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDCX859   Email KDCX859   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, first time driving a stick should be in a large parking lot or in the middle of nowhere until you get the feel for it. My girlfriend can drive my truck, first time I made her do it was about 3am, and she did well. She's driven us home with it after I had a little too much to drink, and didn't stall or do a burnout once.
We went out playing in the snow last winter on some seasonal roads, and aside from getting stuck a few times (bonus!), I learned she's never done donuts before. Well, we fixed that!
She is still wary about hills and traffic since hers is an auto, but it's good to know she can do it if she has to.

Posts: 769 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Automatic for me. Never have driven a stick though. When I drive I most commonly have a drink in my hand or just constantly stop/go kind of drive(predominatly city driving) so I really have no desire to drive stick. Seems like a pain in the ass to me driving in an urban setting/multi tasking. I'm just talking out of my ass though because I've driven stick...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links