Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What's your philosophy on dopplegangers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your philosophy on dopplegangers?
jediofthefeet
The Legend
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jediofthefeet   Author's Homepage   Email jediofthefeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.francoisbrunelle.com/index.php?id=3&lang=en

Those are just a few examples. I saw his extensive collection once, and was blown away by it. Look at the ones behind him in this photo.

http://www.francoisbrunelle.com/aaa/aaimages/FBEleanorLondon.jpg

So what is your take on someone supposed totally unrelated to you being your almost exact photogenic double?

My mother told me there was a police officer in my hometown who looked just like me. And where I lived, there was a woman I saw who looked just like her.

The celeb lookalike thing is fun to do, whether it be everyday people who look like celebs, or celebs who look like other celebs.

--------------------
You must do what you feel is right, of course-Obi Wan Kenobi

Posts: 2662 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
They remind me of, Malcolm Mcdowell the grim reaper from Bill & Teds.
 -  -

[ March 09, 2014, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: FootLongSub Zero ]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess you missed the article that they have discovered there are only approximately 6 million facial configurations possible so the fact that there are 'doppelgangers' out there is a statical certainty. i assume that the configurations are per race but still if you figure that approximately 51% of the world population is caucasian (as per some site online so you know it's true) that means there are over 3 1/2 billion caucasians and divide that by 6 million, there should be about 595 people around the world that bore a very striking resemblance to you.

it's really not that weird if you think about it.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good and thoughtful reply. Though I may be reluctant to accept a Caucasian world population at 51% - unless someone is counting Asians as Caucasians which anthropologists do not.

(It is interesting to point out the Ainu of Japan who are, by anthropological definition, Caucasian. Can't recall but doubt that there were instances of blond hair or blue eyes. This gives rise to the question: "How the heck did they get there?")

My thoughts are more about genetics: Nature tends to select for certain traits to make an organism more fit for survival in its environment. Among these traits, of course is "attraction".

Supposing that human beings live in a comparatively more stable environment, the weight of attractive facial features become more critical. There would be ever fewer features that might be regarded as appealing and ever more that might seem less desirable.

Even now, and in recent history, there is a limit to facial features that can bare only so much - for lack of a better term - exaggeration before it becomes "freakish" and indicative of other physical flaws...even internal ones.

Well, this is what happens when I have had enough Bourbon and am still wide awake. Will look at this again sometime soon to see if I should delete it or if I drew enough lines between the dots.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links