Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Do you know how to change a car tyre? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you know how to change a car tyre?
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, growing up, the guys I knew from school and from the streets had basic car knowledge, even the most basic guy who didn't know much about the engine knew how to change a tyre. Now I'm surprised when later on in life I've met several males couldn't change a tyre [Eek!] . My niece had to teach her boyfriend how to do it. So I'm asking here....

Do you know how to change a car tyre?

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and I agree, it's sad to see a generation of "men" who can't even do that. I heard a story recently where a husband of a girl I know is so "lacking of skill" he couldn't even change out a license plate with a screw driver for his wife's car and made his father in law do it for him. lol That's even worse.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18303 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I can and have a-plenty, though haven't had to do it for a few years now. Just give me a jack and a 4-way tire iron and I'm good to go.

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I can and have witha variety of cars.

Also had a jack break when I had the car up and busted up a finger when the car came down:|

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
Yes and I agree, it's sad to see a generation of "men" who can't even do that. I heard a story recently where a husband of a girl I know is so "lacking of skill" he couldn't even change out a license plate with a screw driver for his wife's car and made his father in law do it for him. lol That's even worse.

Lol, sounds like the guy would have trouble to change AA-batteries in a kids toy [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
Originally posted by footjoyboy:
Yes I can and have a-plenty, though haven't had to do it for a few years now. Just give me a jack and a 4-way tire iron and I'm good to go.

[Thumbs Up]

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
Originally posted by oneagain:
Yes I can and have witha variety of cars.

Also had a jack break when I had the car up and busted up a finger when the car came down:|

OUCH! [Thud] . I would consider you lucky in a sense because I can imagine much worse from a collapsing jack [Eek!]

--------------------

oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The jack actually snapped..one of those scissor jacks.one of the main pins broke split my finger open.

After that I boughtone of those roll under multi ton shop jacks!

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! That's no good and sounds painful one again! Glad you are ok! I can change a tire although I DO struggle with where to place the jack on the frame of the vehicle.

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

A woman who can change a tyre is already ahead of the game IMO [Thumbs Up] I also dig a chick who can drive manual (stick).

--------------------

Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotcha covered! Although it's been awhile so I wouldn't count on me in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic because I would stall it out and end up swearing and crying lol

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Awesome O', you're one of the good ones [Thumbs Up]

--------------------

Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I got my first car (a Pontiac Astre), it seemed important that I learn some fundamental auto maintenance such as changing oil, replacing spark plugs, etc.

When I was a young boy, my father rotated his own tires, making sure that I was there when he did it. By the time I was 12, I could change a tire without batting an eye; I was a small kid so even jumping on the tire iron was a challenge to unlock the lug-nut.

Flashing forward 7 years, I opened the hood on my brand new '84 Honda. A 30 second look told me that everything I learned on my first car was completely obsolete (e.g. fuel injection - ain't changing or gapping spark plugs anymore).

But, dammit, I can, sure-as-hell, change a tire!

By the way, my last GF could "power-shift" - shifting without using the clutch (and not grind gears). I never could do it as well as she did.

A very accomplished woman.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pontiac Astre...haha, man that car was ugly no offense. It was like Rockford Files meets Starsky & Hutch mixed in with a hint of Wayne's World. I bet it was a bundle of reliability even after all the maintenance you did on it?

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18303 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned it when I was a teenager along with the basic maintenance of oil changes and tune ups. On the older cars I had I would change brakes, shocks, thermostats, rocker arm gaskets, fuel pumps, alternators, belts, etc. However, I would fuck up things as well costing more than if I had just took it to a garage to fix. My attempt to put in a starter on one car cost me a flywheel and timing belt. I screwed up calipers on another car trying to do a brake job once too.

I came to the conclusion after those failures that when you buy a car now you pretty much have to buy a mechanic to go with it.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links