Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Do you know how to change a car tyre? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you know how to change a car tyre?
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im with you LaDaemon...I used to change oil and sparkplugs, etc...and back then you just dumped the oil in a field or throw it away...not supposed to do that now!

Now adays new cars are so interlocking, before a straightforward starter or alternator change requires you removing three other engine parts.

I will still do some changes if they seem straightforward like ignition coils.

Got an odb reader that can erase check engine faults...but the newest of cars prevent it and need chip flashing! Crazy stuff

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
I learned it when I was a teenager along with the basic maintenance of oil changes and tune ups. On the older cars I had I would change brakes, shocks, thermostats, rocker arm gaskets, fuel pumps, alternators, belts, etc. However, I would fuck up things as well costing more than if I had just took it to a garage to fix. My attempt to put in a starter on one car cost me a flywheel and timing belt. I screwed up calipers on another car trying to do a brake job once too.

Talk about learning the hard way [Thud] . Although I think the best way of learning is through experience
but some lessons can be expensive [Thud] usually after the deed has been done followed by the words "Aww SHIT!!!" [Nut Kick] ... [Big Grin] . Wonder if you would've done the same if the internet back then is as efficient as it is today with Google, car forums, instructional videos, brand/make model specifics....etc.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneagain:

Now adays new cars are so interlocking, before a straightforward starter or alternator change requires you removing three other engine parts.

Quick story, I had to change out the alternator in my Mazda so I had a second-hand replacement at the ready I picked up from the wreckers. Looked simple enough as a straight forward change but after unbolting it, I couldn't get it out [Eek!] The spaces were too tight coming up through the top or bottom. If push came to shove, I'd have to remove the intake manifold which I did not wanna do so I looked, tried turning it up-side-down, Turing it side ways, maneuvering it in almost every direction to fit it through a tight gap plus doesn't help having big hands, after almost an hour I gave up and just at that time, the missus approaches casually sipping her cuppa coffee asks "what are you doing?" I explain what I was trying to do she assesses the situation and sez, "I can get it out" with a confused look on my face I said "really?" I was like "ok" had nothing to lose she handed me her coffee and in less than 5mins it was out....... The priceless look on my face [Laugh] [Thud] [Blush] [Thud] [Laugh]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
Pontiac Astre...haha, man that car was ugly no offense. It was like Rockford Files meets Starsky & Hutch mixed in with a hint of Wayne's World. I bet it was a bundle of reliability even after all the maintenance you did on it?

Actually, I was one of the very few fortunate owners. I would drive it to and from college (400+ miles one way) every few weeks. Had a wreck on an icy freeway and was still able to drive the last 200 miles of a trip - after bending the front fender away from the tire.

Not a hint of rust on it after 8 years and more than 80,000 miles.

It did eventually let me know that it was on its last legs by laying down a James Bond style smoke screen at every stop light. Wound up totaling it before it croaked.

As a side note, I should mention that with the back seat folded down, my GF & I could lay down full-length with the hatch back closed. Yes, I always had blankets & pillows in the back; one may draw one's own conclusions.

It was the last good (as magically accidental as it may be) American car I ever drove.

Fond memories. Haven't thought about the old "Gnome-mobile" in a long time.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links