Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Pictures » Catalia Says Goodbye (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Catalia Says Goodbye
Fair Adam
Member # 13350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fair Adam   Author's Homepage   Email Fair Adam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's more like Catalia helps me say "goodbye" Today I did my last official shoot at Studio 212 in Metuchen, NJ, my home for th last 5 years or so, and Catalia just happens to be my last subject. I'm going to miss the place, as I will always have some fond memories of my times there, and the good people I worked with, but it seems the landlord wants to raze the building to build some condos, and well, that's progress, I suppose.

As some of you already know, I've been considering shutting down Feet Fair for some time now, there's just too much bullshit involved in being a foot fetish web master, and maybe this is a sign from above to finally pack it in. The problem is that if I quit doing this, and go back to the straight working world, I might just die of boredom. and I have a feeling that I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself for a while. I do live in New York City, and the only reason I've maintained a studio in New Jersey for so long is that low rental costs, but if I do stay in the game, I will probably end up working out of a place in Manhattan, which would make life much more simple, but the really decent places are just out of my reach financially.

Since I have pretty "vanilla" content by fetish standards, it's not like I'm making tons of money, and Feet Fair has always been a labor of love more than a financial enterprise for me, so the finances just might not add up.

I'll figure out eventually, but another thing that keeps me around is the awesome models I've been meeting of late; it will be really hard walking away from them. What's a guy to do?

-

-

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

----------------------------

Instagram: @archyfair

Posts: 4873 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoleSearching
All Pro Poster
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoleSearching   Author's Homepage   Email SoleSearching   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. Pains me to read this. Sorry to see you go, sir. You've given so much incredible content for so long... The scene WILL NOT be anywhere near the same if you're gone. :/

--------------------
...still searching! [Big Grin]

Posts: 888 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam, while I've only ever subscribed for one month to your site, I have to say it's easily one of my favorites, and easily the best. Your content is classy, and your models are top of the line. It's unfortunate that I can't afford to stay subscribed for longer periods of time or even do so more frequently.

Seriously, Adam. Most of your girls are just mouthwatering, and I hope you're able to continue providing the world with such greatness as well as continue enjoying this hobby of yours.

No matter what happens, thank you for all of your hard work! Take care of yourself man, you're a legend in this world. I do hope you'll stick around here, I know I don't post much, but you have a lot to contribute! Anyways if you can't keep the site up, you should definitely keep your stash!

Hope that wasn't too difficult to read, it's a bit of a mess but I don't want to fix it!

Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deviant Feet
Major Player
Member # 46691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deviant Feet   Email Deviant Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, I hate to hear this.

I consider guys like you and Patrick the trail blazers, I'm sad to hear it's not cutting it. I don't think you should stop doing it, but you know more details than I. In any case, great shots from Catalia. FYI, I had a subscription to your site a while back, and the content was excellent.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad news indeed:(

I've been a subscriber to your site multiple times over the years. Always had the hots for Francine!

I understand your situation. Hope you'll be able to continue in some way.

Thanks for all the beautiful women and the hot feet you've captured over the years!

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo! I've always been a fan of your site - back when we both ran freebie sites before we moved onto our current sites. You've ALWAYS been top notch!

I know you're mostly studio based with photography, but have you ever thought about shooting outdoors? It's free and you can surely find some great outdoor areas up where you are. I know our styles are different as you do more glamour style in with your fetish work than me, but I bet you'd pull it off.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hyperion
The Legend
Member # 39397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hyperion   Email hyperion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers, man. I hope it all works out for you. Best wishes, sincerely.

--------------------
-hyp

Posts: 3723 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fair Adam
Member # 13350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fair Adam   Author's Homepage   Email Fair Adam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the input guys, and your kind words mean the world to me. Like I said, Feet Fair isn't ready to close down just yet, I mean I have enough reserve sets to keep it going for at least a couple of months.

I'm actually looking at some places that I might be able to use that won't break my budget, so we'll just have to wait and see how that breaks down.

I'll be visiting a studio this afternoon, and after that, I interviewing a seriously sexy model with incredible feet. (drool)(lol)

I have considered doing more outside shots, as Patrick has suggested, but my style lends itself more to studio work, being that's essentially based on "Glamour" and pin-up photography, and pretty hard to pull off outdoors. I also like to do a minimum of three different looks when I do a session with a model, and that involves changing wardrobe, which is hard to do outdoors to say the least.

Add in the fact that I live in New York, and not in Florida or southern California, and shooting outdoors in the Winter is just not an option to me.

I'll keep you guys posted...

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

Posts: 4873 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jediofthefeet
The Legend
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jediofthefeet   Author's Homepage   Email jediofthefeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not the start of the day I wanted, especially on Friday the 13th....

It pains me to see a good foot fetish site go. Honestly Adam, I knew almost nothing about FeetFair until I saw a post about Bombshell Mandy. Once I saw her and her insanely high arches, I definitely had to visit the source of production. You've definitely had many models with excellent arches, but there is only on Mandy.

I do hope you find a away to stay in the game. Your site isn't run-of-the-mill or amateur by a long shot. So for you to go, would definitely be a true loss to us.

--------------------
You must do what you feel is right, of course-Obi Wan Kenobi

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootMuses
Elite Trooper
Member # 43648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootMuses   Email FootMuses   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam my man,

I know what you mean.
This is my 2nd attempt at running a foot site and I started this new site in 2011.
My first site was back in 1999...when there were literally a handful of foot sites it seemed and I got a crazy amount of hits. That site was called "Heaven Scent"..for the hardcore foot fans who've been in the game a long time may remember it......but after a handful of months, my then girlfriend gave me an ultimatum, her or the site...so I closed the site. I was just about to turn it into a paysite...but sadly, closed it.

I sat back and watched a slew of new foot sites emerge and I had to stand on the sidelines as I always seemed to have a girlfriend back to back and none were cool with the idea.

Now fast forward to 2011...I started over...and decided to keep my entire site free to give back to the true foot fans out there. I then started to create and sell video clips back in March to simply try and get the site to support itself as the goal was never to get rich. So far the clip sales are nowhere near where they need to be to support the free site and not one video clip has broke even on what I paid the models originally, so from an accounting stand point, I am deep in the red lol. Like you, since I make no money from mall this but spent thousands on model fess etc, it's really a labor of love. I am a one man show, I can code sites, use Photoshop to do graphics, take the pics etc...and don't need to use Big Horn like most of the foot sites of there...so this keeps costs down in that sense.

However, as much as I love doing all this and sharing with the foot community, because I make no money, it does make it tough to deal with a lot of the model drama that I am sure every one of us foot webmasters have gone through and still go through today. The amount of days I've taken off just to accommodate model's schedules only to have them cancel 20 mins before showing up or some models complaining I haven't had them back and feel as though I'm avoiding them etc...and much more problems....it makes running a nearly non profit site very hard at the end of the day.
The money I could have used to pay of debt as oppose to putting into this venture would have been a smarter financial move....but then again, us foot webmasters are also addicted and that's what keeps us going, money or not. For me "not" because my site has been kept 100% free....so you really know it's a labor of love as I have to use my day job paycheque to fund the entire operation.

I think you may leave....but at some point...things will fall into place, location, new women you meet etc...and you'll pick up that camera again and get back at it. It's in your DNA now Adam....you can't shake it. Like a Champion taking a break from the fight game, you'll eventually come back and regain your place at the top. The only thing that will stop you is if you become ill (God forbid).

Over the past 10 years or so, I would write to foot webmasters...and the only people to ever answer my questions was you...and Patrick from Soles of Silk. No other ones would answer...or would take a week to respond etc. SO for that I appreciate it...and when i started this second site, I told myself I would respond to every email the same day and usually within the same hour.
I'll be at work and have my email open at my desk or my iPhone and respond to email as I am working away lol...

Anyhow..if you really do take a break or walk away.....I know the itch will be there...and you'll happen to come across cute women who you feel will be into having their feet photographed and the stars will be aligned...and it will happen once again.

Thank you for raising the bar in the world of feet!

Patrick

Posts: 317 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oscarthemonkey
The Legend
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oscarthemonkey   Email oscarthemonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck whatever you decide to do

--------------------
Latina Feet Can't Be Beat!

Posts: 4819 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fair Adam:
I have considered doing more outside shots, as Patrick has suggested, but my style lends itself more to studio work, being that's essentially based on "Glamour" and pin-up photography, and pretty hard to pull off outdoors. I also like to do a minimum of three different looks when I do a session with a model, and that involves changing wardrobe, which is hard to do outdoors to say the least.

Add in the fact that I live in New York, and not in Florida or southern California, and shooting outdoors in the Winter is just not an option to me.

I hear ya on the glamour/pinup style of shoots. That is a big reason why outdoor would be much harder. As for doing different themes with outdoor sets, I do it all the time. I practically live on Google Earth to find neat locations without having to really travel to them first. It's how I found Aspen's feature set location (the small waterfall). Changing outdoor can be a pain in the ass at times, but it can be done. The whole make up thing would pose an issue, but if it's just an outfit change, it's not hard really - just harder than having a bathroom right there to use over and over. LOL... My hardest thing with outdoor sets, honestly, is where to have my models sit/lean/pose in some of the settings. And I feel you on the cold weather. I, on the other hand, don't like shooting indoors as much, so I shoot more than enough content to use throughout the winter months and then pick back up in the fall. Just some of what I do. You're well aware of what it is you do and we all love what you've done. I only offered my situation as I'd hate to see someone's work I admire as much as yours, for as long as I have, cease to continue. No matter what you end up doing, I'll always view your site/work as some of my favorite.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fair Adam
Member # 13350

I hear you Patrick, and I'm going to do my best to see if I can keep the site going, as long as I don't go and stay in the red. Here's a typical three look session, done within four hours, including some video:

-

My model had a choice of two dressing rooms, and even though she does a lot of art nudes, and is completely comfortable walking around semi or fully nude while she does her costume changes, doing this outdoors is just out of the question, at least for me.

Same thing for one of my earlier Catalia sessions:

-

The other thing is that I like building my sets from scratch, just using the props and lighting I have available, and shooting outdoors takes that away too. Don't get me wrong, I love a late summer beach shoot as much as the next guy, but I just find them limiting in many ways.

I have done more outdoors work than most people realize, and have always enjoyed it tremendously. Here are some samples:

-  -  -  -  -

[ December 15, 2013, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Fair Adam ]

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

Fair Adam
Member # 13350

Some more stuff on location...

-
 -
 -
 -
 -  -  -

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

FootMuses
Elite Trooper
Member # 43648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootMuses   Email FootMuses   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So hot...I remember seeing those twins doing some girl on girl with Jessie from Extreme clips..nice work.
I lobe Skye and Ariel.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links