Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Anyone into classic consoles? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone into classic consoles?
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone collect classic consoles like SNES, NES, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, etc.?

What do you own? And do you still play those oldschool games? [Wink]
What genres do you like playing?

I have quite a massive collection -- at the moment Iīm mainly collecting japanese Sega Saturn titles.
My favourite games are classic 2D Shoot-em-Ups --- stuff like Gradius, R-Type, Axelay, Ikaruga, etc.
[Thumbs Up]

Cheers,
-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Megadrive and Gameboy buoy. I suppose the original Playstation is now covered under retro [Tongue]

All genres really except fantasy [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sold off my old Intellevision and Colecovision consoles with piles of cartridges back in the late 90s. Used to have a Super NES as well, but its long gone.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I grew up on Duck Hunt and Mario Bros 1. It was funny I saw some teens the other day playing Super Mario Bros {the original} on the computer using Megaman and Contra characters...those were the days, if only we knew back then how much it would evolve.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I still have my NES, SNES, Genesis, and various Game Boy's. Also have a Playstation and PS2.

My favorite games were usually fighting and RPG's. I like the side-scrollers like "Kung Fu" and all the various Mario Bros. games too.

I still play them on occasion, but my favorite game at the moment is MVP Baseball 2005 for the PS2. It's so outdated now...but it's the best damn baseball game I've ever played. [Laugh]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own all these. About 6 years ago I had then all hooked up to my television with two A,B,C,D switches plugged into one another, and the others daisy chained together. Here is what was on the TV:

- NES
- SNES
- N64
- Gamecube
- Sega Master System
- Sega Genesis
- Sega CD
- Sega 32X
- Sega Saturn
- Sega Dreamcast
- Turbo Grafx 16
- Phillips CD-i
- Panasonic 3DO
- PS2
- Atari 2600
- Atari Jaguar
- Xbox

I also owned the PS1, but no need to put it on with the PS2 on there. And since then, I also bought a PS3, Wii, and XBox 360.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for all the old school stuff, i've downloaded emulators. currently, i have the atari 2600, sega genesis, and nintendo emulator with a total of.. dont remember exactly.. 5,000+ games? granted there are alot of variants of the same game and even some japanese originals in there but it's find to browse the directory and check out some old ones now and then. of course i have MAME and a ton of MAME roms too.

oh, i had at one point an apple ][ emulator too. [Laugh]

now we have a chipped PS, a PS2, a gamecube, a Wii, and 2 XBOX360's.. but in my older son's bedroom. i am dying for a PS3 for GT5 alone!

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ljjnico
All Pro Poster
Member # 15015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ljjnico   Email ljjnico   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had all the PlayStation consoles, the original Xbox, Sega MegaDrive/Genesis, Nintendo Game Boy/Color and DS.

Right now my most faves are the PS3 (HD gaming and films plus my PS3 is the original 60GB model so I can play most of my old PS2 library) and the PSP (Handheld gaming at it's finest plus access to the internet)

--------------------
I'm the foot fuckin' master! Soles RULE and FM Concepts ROCK!

Posts: 536 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ljjnico
All Pro Poster
Member # 15015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ljjnico   Email ljjnico   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
I had the Atari 2600 back in the day. My uncle hooked me up with all sorts of Commodore 64 games on floppy disks. My absolute favorites were the stand alone machines in the arcade at the mall. I dropped many a quarter into those machines.

(*Sigh*) Those were the days...

Me too, I was hooked on the Commodore 64 especially games like Robocop, Turrican and R-Type.

--------------------
I'm the foot fuckin' master! Soles RULE and FM Concepts ROCK!

Posts: 536 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ljjnico:
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
I had the Atari 2600 back in the day. My uncle hooked me up with all sorts of Commodore 64 games on floppy disks. My absolute favorites were the stand alone machines in the arcade at the mall. I dropped many a quarter into those machines.

(*Sigh*) Those were the days...

Me too, I was hooked on the Commodore 64 especially games like Robocop, Turrican and R-Type.
I was totally into the C64 as well. I just dug out Turrican 1 and 2 a couple of days ago -- I still have the original tapes or "datasette" as they were called those day [Wink]

-Hal-

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
Yup, I still have my NES, SNES, Genesis, and various Game Boy's. Also have a Playstation and PS2.

My favorite games were usually fighting and RPG's. I like the side-scrollers like "Kung Fu" and all the various Mario Bros. games too.

I still play them on occasion, but my favorite game at the moment is MVP Baseball 2005 for the PS2. It's so outdated now...but it's the best damn baseball game I've ever played. [Laugh]

Last week I just had a go at Kung-Fu on the Atari 2600. Itīs actually really good for an old Atari game ... not as good as the C64 version but still great.

-Hal-

--------------------

Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't call the Dreamcast classic. In fact, anything starting with the N64/Playstation/Saturn era are not classic in my eyes.

But I own an SNES. There's also an NES somewhere in the house, but I don't know where it is.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
I wouldn't call the Dreamcast classic. In fact, anything starting with the N64/Playstation/Saturn era are not classic in my eyes.

Why not?
Personally I totally love the PSx, Dreamcast and Sega Saturn (one of the best consoles for classic 2D shoot-em-ups).

-Hal-

--------------------

Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:

Why not?
Personally I totally love the PSx, Dreamcast and Sega Saturn (one of the best consoles for classic 2D shoot-em-ups).

-Hal-

I'm not saying they're not good (though it's debatable in Saturn's case). To me, classic means old or vintage. Atari is classic, NES is classic, SNES is classic. Playstation... Not yet. Maybe in a few years (or when the next generation of consoles come out; whichever comes first).

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Yeah, it`s probably just a matter of personal taste. I have a friend who is 45 years old, he only collects 70s and early 80s consoles. For him NES and SNES are newschool [Wink]

SNES is only 3 - 4 years older than PS1 and Saturn, so it`s not such a huge difference in age.

-Hal-

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links