Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Pokemon Go Craze!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon Go Craze!
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope I don't have it yet but a lot of people I know have it. I'll try it out this weekend but since it's my day off today, might get it today. I would call myself a somewhat mediocre fan as I've played Leaf Green a few years back and enjoyed it.

From what I've heard, it chews up a lot of battery due to GPS also that the server goes down a lot, I would suspect flooding/overloading handling too many users

Has anyone here got it? What's your take on it?

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7843 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pfffft....grrrr... can't download it anyway [Mad] lol [Laugh] My phone has an Intel processor which renders it incompatible. Oh well, I usually upgrade around October so hopefully it's bigger and better by then [Roll Eyes] *Sound effect - wah wah waaaaaa... *

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7843 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Ok so the app updated and now my phone can run it. Only had it for a couple hours so will give my feedback in a couple days [Smile]

--------------------

Smonster
Major Player
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smonster   Email Smonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it, been playing it in the UK since it was released elsewhere with the Android work-around. Great way to meet people - I work near the centre of town and every lunch I'm always meeting new people.
Also as a FF side note, great way to get unexpected glimpses of girls in their flip-flops as you're pretty much always looking down at the screen!

--------------------
Girls, be adventurous with your nail colours - wear my favourites:
Blue, Silver, Black or French [Tongue] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 207 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Ok, so my take on it. Of course by the international hype it IS highly addictive.

First off I wasn't a huge Pokémon fan as I was in my teens when the cartoon series aired in NZ but was only watching it because I used to babysit my 4-5yr old nephew who loved it. (That and Barney & Friends [Big Grin] ), I was more into Ninja Turtles and Transformers [Woot] . I've already stated that I've played Leaf Green and know a fair amount of 1st Gen monsters.

The game itself is Awesome, 1st week I played it constantly all the spare time I had. A few workmates downloaded it a week before me and were having alot of fun with it whilst I was sitting on the back burner/starting-blocks 'ready-to-go', contemplating on a new phone. After a week I started I caught up to them and in two weeks blitzed so far ahead they saw my dust over the horizon [Nana] lol . But I didn't play to try to beat them, I just enjoyed the game overall where at one point, I played close to 3hrs straight walking/driving around 6 Poké-stops which where in a 2km radius and 3 of them you could hit standing in one spot. The only reason I stopped was because my battery was at 5% . It doesn't use much mobile-data but it does chew through battery life like pacman coming off of a famine. For those who don't know, POKE-STOPS are places where you collect pokeballs and other useful goodies to use in the game.

I'm only at Level 19 with my highest Pokémon Vaporeon @ 1109CP (Combat Points). My enthusiasm isn't what it use to be and might slow after reaching my goal of level 20. Visiting gyms seeing a Dragonite over 2500CP same with an Arcnine well over 2k and seeing a Garados too just blows my mind [Thud] with trainers well into their 20s (level-wise)

I've just bought a power-bank 6600mAh but haven't used it to its capacity yet, however knowing that its there relieves the stress of battery life trying to find a wall socket to charge stuck in one spot.

Anyone else playing?

--------------------

Rocky @TheSoleMates
Hall Of Famer
Member # 28971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky @TheSoleMates   Author's Homepage   Email Rocky @TheSoleMates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play Pokémon Go for a couple hours everyday. Helps me to go outside, be more social (mostly for Raid Battles), and get some much needed exercise. The game does get very tedious and repetitive quickly.

--------------------
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/8254
http://www.images4sale.com/store/8254
http://www.footfetishtube.com/user/TheSoleMates
https://twitter.com/TheSoleMates1

-
My avatar: Pepper ballbusting me.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links