Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » MLB World Series Predictions? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: MLB World Series Predictions?
USSoleMan_92
Major Player
Member # 29124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for USSoleMan_92   Email USSoleMan_92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious. . .

Does anyone care to make predictions on who will win the World Series this coming year? Still too early to tell, but I thought it fun to promote team spirit!

Personally, I am just happy to have the season starting again. As far as the final winner. . .anyone but the "Skankies" or better known to you non-MLB people. . .the NY Yankees.

Regards,
USSoleMan_92

Posts: 178 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dodgers. That is all.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have given that questions a lot of thought. Even though I live in New York City, I'm a Braves fan. It would be pretty childish to be bias and pick your favorite team even though they won't make it that far. I think the Braves will make enough noise in the National League East to disrupt another team's chance at making the postseason. But not enough noise to win the world title this year.

I try my best not being biased, especially if you've read the other articles I've posted in the sports section on this forum.

To answer your question, The American League will be represented by the New York Yankees. The National League will have the Chicago Cubs. It is nice to see two heavily traditional franchises face each other in the Fall Classic, but even though that's sentimental, I didn't pick both team because of it. I think both really have the best chance of going that far. Since there are a million games to go, things can change drastically.

I am being a bit biased by not picking the Mets because they are an embarrassment to New York. Their fans are meek, and their spirits are always shortchanged. I don't mind the Yankees, though. You can't talk about New York without mentioning the Yanks. They are THE corporate agency of baseball and they live the lavish nightlife. That's what living in the Big City is all about.

For now, my picks are the Yankees and Cubs. When the playoffs get here, I will have a MUCH better assessment as to who will take it all.

BTW, the Rays are here to stay.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:

-
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blackHxC88:
quote:

-
 -

3-0. Scoreboard dude.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blackHxC88:
quote:

-
 -

3-0. Scoreboard dude.

not a cubs, or baseball fan. just thought the image was funny [Tongue]
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Toons
Elite Trooper
Member # 1962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Toons   Email Foot Toons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been in this position before because my team has ALWAYS sucked but here goes.......

GO TAMPA BAY RAYS!!!!!!!

DEFENDING AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS!!!

--------------------
 -
http://foottoons.tumblr.com/

Posts: 372 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
USSoleMan_92
Major Player
Member # 29124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for USSoleMan_92   Email USSoleMan_92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, with the recent dopping news surrounding Manny, I guess we can eliminate the Dodgers from contention!!!

I understand that these players want to increase their game and be a superstar, but do they ever think about the young fans who idolize these players, these fake wanna-bes?! Like most, I enjoy watching MLB, but I really despise the commissioner and others who support such a loose drug policy. 50 game suspension!? GAH!

Recently, they had a poll on ESPN about MLB. Which do you think is WORSE. . .
A team who steals signs from the pitcher / catcher OR a player, like Manny or A-Rod. . .(and the list goes on and on. . .) OR those who use illegal substances to boost game performance?

What do you guys / gals think?

Regards,
USSoleMan_92

Posts: 178 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

[Mad]

The Dodgers shall never be counted out!

Never!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, look at it this way, he's banned for a bannable substance that's neither a steroid nor HGH. Just like guys get suspensions for stuff like marijuana and stuff. Despite what it does look like, it doesn't necessarily mean he was on the 'roids. He's just been an idiot, which can also be code for Manny being Manny. Let him serve his time, come back, and play ball. Fuck it. I'm not gonna hate on him, especially if Giants fans are gonna still love Barry Bonds.

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some team that spent a lot of money

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO JAYS!!
Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

It is as this time that I would like to remind everyone that the Dodgers are 34-15, and at this moment, the best team in all of Major League Baseball. And this is without Manny, or having hit too many homers.

Go Blue.

National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All seems great with the Dodgers. It's a whole different vibe when you're in LA. But I'm sticking with the predictions I made before the season started. American League -- Yankees, National League -- Cubs. That curse set in 1945 cannot last forever. I don't see the Cardinals going into the world series. LA better stay competitive against teams outside its division because the rest of the NL West will spoil them and help inflate their win-loss record to stay at the Major League best.

The Dodgers would like Manny back to help score more runs per game. The Cubs can say the same about Aramis Ramirez. We'll see when push comes to shove.

[ May 31, 2009, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: National ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footlover298
Board Regular
Member # 33779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footlover298     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Red Sox. But the Yankees are closing in, so it won't be easy at all. I would love to see another Sox-Yanks ALCS. For the NL, I think the Phillies will be back. So it might be sox and phillies.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

What's this, there's only one team in baseball so far with 60 wins? And they have the best run differential in the majors? You mean, it's the Dodgers?

Of course it is. Go Blue.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links