Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » MLB World Series Predictions? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: MLB World Series Predictions?
foot_fashion_industry
Elite Trooper
Member # 33265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_fashion_industry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by whizzbangnyc:

My prediction (if the Yanks don't see the Angels in the postseason): Yankees beat the Phillies in the WS 4-2

If the Yankees do meet the Angels then: Phillies beat the Angels 4-3 in the WS.

That's my prediction, anyway.

I think the Yankees will meet Philadelphia in the World Series. New York looks unstoppable, especially the way they showed Boston who's the boss earlier this evening. The Yankees should not put Sergio Mitre in the game unless they are up by 20 runs. That guy is a bum. Better yet, they should just have them sit there and watch the games.

But going back to my prediction, New York and Philly. I want to see that Phanatic go fanatic when they reach the series for the second year in a row. Philadelphia getting Cliff Lee will turn out to be the difference maker for any team in the NL hoping to make the World Series. All Philly has to hope for is that Cole Hamels can straighten himself out (starting with his next start, as he lost on last night). Hamles, Lee, even Martinez, along with their lineup, and they are set to go. That's it.

I know the Phillies will make it to the NLCS. The question is who will face them? Will it be the Dodgers, Rockies or the Cardinals?

I think Boston will win the wild card. If the playoffs started right now, it will be Yankees vs. Tigers, Boston vs. Angels. Yankees will beat Detroit, no question. But the other series is more interesting. Even though Boston OWNS Anaheim in playoffs competition, I don't see Boston having enough to get past them this time. In the ALCS, I see Anaheim against NY. Anaheim can give the Yankees a run for their money, no doubt. But I really feel that New York's time is now. A little base hit here, and a little base hit there will get by the Angels.

So my prediction is Philly against New York.

New York will win in seven games.

[ August 22, 2009, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: foot_fashion_industry ]

Posts: 308 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whizzbangnyc
Board Regular
Member # 29880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whizzbangnyc   Email whizzbangnyc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by foot_fashion_industry:
quote:
Originally posted by whizzbangnyc:

My prediction (if the Yanks don't see the Angels in the postseason): Yankees beat the Phillies in the WS 4-2

If the Yankees do meet the Angels then: Phillies beat the Angels 4-3 in the WS.

That's my prediction, anyway.

I think the Yankees will meet Philadelphia in the World Series. New York looks unstoppable, especially the way they showed Boston who's the boss earlier this evening. The Yankees should not put Sergio Mitre in the game unless they are up by 20 runs. That guy is a bum. Better yet, they should just have them sit there and watch the games.

But going back to my prediction, New York and Philly. I want to see that Phanatic go fanatic when they reach the series for the second year in a row. Philadelphia getting Cliff Lee will turn out to be the difference maker for any team in the NL hoping to make the World Series. All Philly has to hope for is that Cole Hamels can straighten himself out (starting with his next start, as he lost on last night). Hamles, Lee, even Martinez, along with their lineup, and they are set to go. That's it.

I know the Phillies will make it to the NLCS. The question is who will face them? My pick will be the Dodgers, Rockies or the Cardinals?

I think Boston will win the wild card. If the playoffs started right now, it will be Yankees vs. Tigers, Boston vs. Angels. Yankees will beat Detroit, no question. But the other series is more interesting. Even though Boston OWNS Anaheim in playoffs competition, I don't see Boston having enough to get past them this time. In the ALCS, I see Anaheim against NY. Anaheim can give the Yankees a run for their money, no doubt. But I really feel that New York's time is now. A little base hit here, and a little base hit there will get by the Angels.

So my prediction is Philly against New York.

New York will win in seven games.

I would love to see that!!! Sergio Mitre is only there because they need a fifth starter and they can't hand the ball to anyone else. I actually don't think he is that bad as a fifth starter. They probably won't even need him in the playoffs. I'm more upset with Brian Bruney pitching like Stevie Wonder. He's someone the Yanks might need to rely on in the postseason and he was awful. Oh well. Go Yanks!
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domitilo
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domitilo   Email domitilo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yanks vs Phillies in WS Yanks in six games
Posts: 1535 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im rootin for the yanks, im not too interested in the other teams.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DwreckSTL
Major Player
Member # 35442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DwreckSTL   Email DwreckSTL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
redbirds all the way!!!
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes....12-1 over the Giants feels good.....yes indeed....
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the Yankees, it's Mission October. While everyone else is scrambling for a playoff spot, New York will pick up some supermodels when we return to The City for a night out in the town, and just wait and see to find out whose ass we're kicking first.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you were a Braves fan? Ah, nevermind, I'm too tired. Better not let up though, women weaken legs. It's all about momentum. Whoever carries it goes deep. Gotta do something about your pitching too, have you read ESPN.com lately? They don't have faith in the Yankee staff.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

That's all I've got to say.

Philly is Phucked, though I expect them to put up a TREMENDOUS fight. They will attempt to become the first National League team since the 1975-76 Cincinnati Reds to win back-to-back World Series.

**Damn, I wish Chipper, Bobby Cox & Company will be in there instead of Phila, but what can you do?**

That Philly team has an American League-type lineup that will trade blows with the Yankees.

I expect this to be a classic.

New York in Six.

Before I go, let me sprinkle in a little New York atmosphere into this forum from the likes of Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.

Empire State of Mind --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1XeraW6Y3U

P.S. The World Series MVP: My fellow Dominican, Alex Rodriguez. His career will be coronated with his super-stardom performance against Philadelphia.

--National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explosivo57
Elite Trooper
Member # 14342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explosivo57   Email Explosivo57   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Phillies in 5

--------------------
Yeah! like the big toe is like the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so
big that there's like a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot.

Posts: 336 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foot_fashion_industry
Elite Trooper
Member # 33265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_fashion_industry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My predictions came true. Back in August I predicted NYY versus Philadelphia. Phillies in 5? I don't think so, buddy. New York will take this one. Business as usual.

After that, the Phanatic will become a Yankee fan.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Heart says Phillies in 7, logic dictates Yankees in 6. I really don't care.
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by National:
P.S. The World Series MVP: My fellow Dominican, Alex Rodriguez. His career will be coronated with his super-stardom performance against Philadelphia.

you already know who the real MVP is

-

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Great picture of Kate Hudson, by the way. Kate's the MVP? That's a great argument to make.

Alex Rodriguez Playoff Numbers --

Before Kate Hudson: .244, 4 HRs, 9 RBI in 24 playoff games.
Since Kate Hudson: .438, 5 HRs, 12 RBI in NINE playoff games.

I wonder what Kate's doing that Cynthia wasn't? Perhaps Kate is giving him great slurping blowjobs and great foot action. I doubt Cynthia gave A-Rod any of those.

If I never got any of those from some chick I met at a gym (A-Rod met Cynthia at a gym) and then got blowjobs and footplay from a very famous actress, my numbers would look like that, too.

--National

--------------------
 -

USSoleMan_92
Major Player
Member # 29124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for USSoleMan_92   Email USSoleMan_92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO PHILLIES!!!!!!
Posts: 178 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links