Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » MLB World Series Predictions? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: MLB World Series Predictions?
cpf11112
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is REPEAT!!!!!!!

-

-

-

-

-

[ October 28, 2009, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: cpf11112 ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to offer my congratulations to any REAL Yankee fans in here on your team winning the title. They earned it.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's well worth reminding everyone that the New York Yankees are the World Champions of Baseball. And yes, Salvy, they did earn it. That was a real classy act on your part to send your congratulations. Am I a REAL Yankee fan? The only grudge I hold against them is beating the Braves in those two World Series in the 1990s. Other than that, I have NO problems with them. They are the real representations of what NY is all about. I can never turn my back on the Braves. For me, that team comes first and foremost. But the Yankees are NY, and I can't turn my back on that, either. It was tremendous joy rooting for the Yanks this year, and it was a great treat rooting for them in the Series.

I was in Times Square, alongside the many New Yorkers, who watched the game on the big screen television. It was a different atmosphere throughout the course of the entire day leading into Game 6 of the series. I was extremely nervous. I don't remember feeling this nervous at any other time throughout the playoffs. Perhaps it was that feeling you get from knowing your city was going to win a world title for you. It was that feeling that knew that there was going to be no game seven.

When that skirt wearing Victorino grounded out to end the series, it was as if we brought in the new year in Times Square. Everyone was celebrating, and it was very loud. I ran all over the streets in joy. I was yelling at the big tv, "Victornino, stop being such a fucking douche already and strike out." He was delaying the celebration that was going to happen anyway.

Baseball shows that a long season worth of dedication and hard work will lead to the promise land. It will lead to immortality. The people in Times Square were cheering, "Twen-ty Se-ven" in the way they cheer "Let's go Yankees!"
I'm glad this is over with because I was growing exhausted from this series.

----

Let's go back and see what the others in here had to say.

"cpf11112" said: All I can say is REPEAT!!!!!!!

No, you can't.

"Explosive" said: Phillies in 5. I'll bet that when Philadelphia heard they were facing New York, they were thinking about the Mets. No, sillies! The Mets are a poor representation of New York. You were facing the Yankees. The Blue Collar of Baseball. The Park Avenue and Wall Street of Baseball. The Yankees are VERY different from the Mets.

-

----

USSoleMan_92 said: "As far as the final winner. . .anyone but the "Skankies" or better known to you non-MLB people. . .the NY Yankees."

I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? I didn't hear you the first time. But calling the Yankees "Skankies" was real adorable. You did yourself in by saying those words. Had you not said that, the Atlanta Braves would've been world champions. It's fitting that the guy who started this topic was going to have to eat his words.

Let's leave everyone with the sounds of New York. An encore from Jay-Z and Alicia Keys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1XeraW6Y3U
----

Life is Good. Especially when you're a native New Yorker, such as myself.

The Yankees rule with an iron fist again.

--National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOOOOO!!!! This is soo awesome. Now maybe I can go to other parts of the country, w/o getting any grief for wearing my yankee cap. (Yeah, right)

The yankees were the ONLY team I was rooting for, and I dont know if any other team has won a world championship during their stadium's first year. But the yankees really know how to christen theirs.

And, I might be showing my age here, but the last time the yanks won, i was in high school. So that was my main priority then. Anyway, the celebration at yankee stadium, was incredible, and new york fans are fantastic. they know how to celebrate, without doing stupid things like lighting up cars. I dont know why they do that.

And Matsui, holy crap. 6 rbi's and home run! IMO, he was the only choice for MVP. At the begining of the season, he would have been one my last choices for the MVP b/c of the injury. And also that he was DH, so if they had won it in Philly, A-Rod probably would have gotten it.

But there is a part of me that thinks, with a 3-1 lead, they lost in philly on purpose just so they could win it here. Even though I wish they had won it on Philly territory. B/c I love the hate people have for the yankees. It makes the victory even sweeter for me.

Im pretty dissapointed in cano, but he was a great 2nd baseman. teixeira and swisher didnt hit much, but the hits they hit, were quality. And how old is Andy, 36?! Not on that mound.

All in all, I was only nervious when utley was up, and when they had to take damon out. otherwise it was pretty enjoyable, they never lost or tied the lead, so i could have my beers and enjoy myself. And I didnt even have a hangover.

And national, im glad you got to make it over to times square, it was madness over at yankee stadium. Although im not glad baseball is over. now i have to watch the giants (who have not been the same since they lost plaxico), and the team they call the kincks.

The old people are used to yankees winning all the time. I'm not (even though i was a fan when they dominated in the 90's, when i was a kid), this is exciting, and now I get to go my first Yankees parade.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were in high school when they last won in 2000? We are similar in age.

Speaking of Andy, he's the second pitcher in MLB history to win two World Series games in which his team cliched the world title. He did it on Wednesday night, and the time before that was Game 4 of the 1999 World Series in where the Yanks swept the Braves (not a series that I enjoyed). The other pitcher to win two World Series-clinching games for his team was Bob Gibson.

Another record that I don't think anyone will ever match or break (should MLB expand the playoff format). Let me explain: Andy became the second pitcher (since they last expanded the playoff format in 1995) to win the clinching games of every round in the playoffs in one year. He did it in the ALDS against the Twins, he was the winning pitcher in Game 6 against the Angels, and, of course, Game 6 of the 2009 World Series. The other guy to do that was Derek Lowe. But this is the difference: In one of those games, Lowe won the game after coming in to relief out of the bullpen. Andy was the first guy to win those games as the starting pitcher.

Had Cano, Mark, and Swisher had their hits, the Yankees would've had it in 4 games.

As soon as Matsui hit that home run, I knew the Yanks were going to go on to dismantle them, no question about it. But going into the game, I was nervous because I thought Andy was not going to be that good on short rest.

Times Square was mini Yankee Stadium. We went nuts when the final out was made. There were a lot of groans when Shane Victorino kept fouling off those pitches. We (the people in Times Square) kept laughing because Shane was delaying the inevitable. We all wanted to pop 'em bottles on top of 'em models. If I were Mariano, I would be laughing at Victorino, not worried about blowing the save.

----

quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
I dont know if any other team has won a world championship during their stadium's first year. But the yankees really know how to christen theirs.

To answer that part, there have been others. Other than this year, the only teams in the last 85 or 86 years to win a World Series title in its first year in a new stadium was the St. Louis Cardinals in 2006. Before the 1923 Yankees, who claimed the championship in their first year at the old Yankee Stadium, the last team to do it was the 1912 Boston Red Sox.

----

I had a bit of a hangover. After going crazy in the streets of Times Square as if I was on the field of Yankee Stadium with the players and congratulating strangers, I went to the foot fetish party and wound up tender kissing one girl and really sucking face with some hot blond later that night (or morning, for those who want to get technical). Great way to close out the night, I'll say.

----

I'm glad baseball is over. There's no need for anymore drama. My fellow Dominicano, Alex Rodriguez, validated his career. It started out with that fucking slut's (Selena Roberts) story about his steroid use, to him missing out the first month of the season to heal from the surgery, to his presence in the clubhouse providing the spark teammates needed to turn their season into high gear, to his stellar performance in the postseason.

You're right, Key. Had it not been for Matsui (especially in Game 6) A-Rod would've gotten the MVP honors. A-Rod turned it around so much, that in any year before 2009, had he come to the plate, the fans would think automatic double-play candidate. Automatic strike out, automatic fly out (funny, because his career postseason average going into this year was .298). Now, he was so much better that fans WANTED him at the plate. had Mark Texiera not struck out to finish Game 5, a lot of people (including myself) thought that had A-Rod stepped to the plate, the Phillies were going to get finished.

--National

[ November 06, 2009, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: National ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, you really know your facts. you should be a baseball analyst (if you're not one already), but what do you mean a-rod "validated his career?" I personally like a-rod, and i will continue to like him as long as hes on NYY. but you have to remember that there are yankee fans who don't like him and never did, and the ones who like him when he has a season like 2009's. Let me tell you, the second he slips, fans will be all over him.

and yeah, I hugged so many people i didnt know, close to 100 I'd say. and thats one of the five occasions were a man hug is allowed, the others being

a birth of a child
an engagement
seeing old friends
a promotion

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
USSoleMan_92
Major Player
Member # 29124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for USSoleMan_92   Email USSoleMan_92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly, I admit that I am eating my own words. I congratulate you, the Yankees and Yankee nation who support those bums. I wanted and hoped for a different outcome, however, being a Philadelphia sports fan, I am used to major let downs and disappointments. Should I change teams and jump on the band wagon like everyone else...I think not.

Anyhow, thanks to all for an insightful post! Heres to next year!

Regards,
USSoleMan_92

PS. CPF, your wifes toes look way better in red than Yankee's blue!

Posts: 178 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

I personally like A-Rod, as well. I was always one of the few who have always defended him when I have conversations with people who did not like him. I say "did not" because they are learning to appreciate him now. The only thing remotely negative that I've said about him was that he's overpaid. As a matter of fact, here's the post I started a while ago talking about just that.

Is Alex Rodriguez Overpaid? --
http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000251

But if there's any player (other than Barry Bonds) who deserves to get paid that much is A-Rod.

What I meant by Alex's career being "validated" was that now people can just shut their mouths about him and how he does not perform in the clutch and in the postseason. His 2007 campaign (the year which lived up to his contract) and his postseason performance this year are shown as proof that he can help the team win. Yeah, people will still call him a phony for whatever reasons, but to me he's the coolest guy on the team.

----

Am I a baseball analyst? No, although I get comments like that from time to time. I even thought of becoming a baseball historian because I became fascinated with how the game was played in the 1860s through the 1890s. I stopped studying about those times in baseball history. I should get back to that. I'm also fascinated with baseball stats. That Barry Bonds and Willie Mays articles show how I use stats that are unique to dissect. The stats made those articles that much more fun to read.

----

Any girl will look better with red toenail polish as opposed to blue. But a woman will look better in those Yankees navy blue jerseys than she does in Phillies red.

...BUMS?! When you're the richest team in baseball, like the Yankees, you're anything but broke. If anything, you're World Champions.

-

-

----

Yes, it was an insightful post. I'll drink to that.

--National

[ November 07, 2009, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: National ]

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links