Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » NFL Playoff Predictions (updated 2-7-2011) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions (updated 2-7-2011)
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the matchups for Wild Card Weekend (winners in bold):

Saturday (1-8-2011):
#5 New Orleans (11-5) @ #4 Seattle (7-9)
#6 NY Jets (11-5) @ #3 Indianapolis (10-6)

Sunday (1-9-2011):
#5 Baltimore (12-4) @ #4 Kansas City (10-6)
#6 Green Bay (10-6) @ #3 Philadelphia (10-6)

I'll take New Orleans, Indy, Baltimore, and Philly. Who you got?

Divisional Games:

Saturday (1-15-2011):
#5 Baltimore (13-4) @ #2 Pittsburgh (12-4)
#6 Green Bay (11-6) @ #1 Atlanta (13-3)

Sunday (1-16-2011):
#4 Seattle (8-9) @ #2 Chicago (11-5)
#6 NY Jets (12-5) @ #1 New England (14-2)

I'm going with Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Seattle, and New England. With any luck, I'll do better than this weekend.

Championship Games:
Sunday (1-23-2011):
#6 Green Bay (12-6) @ #2 Chicago (12-5)
#6 NY Jets (13-5) @ #2 Pittsburgh (13-4)

Green Bay and Pittsburgh are my picks to go to the Super Bowl. Maybe this will be my week to get more than one right. *facepalm*

Super Bowl:
Sunday (2-6-2011):
#2 Pittsburgh (14-4) @ #6 Green Bay (13-6)

I'm already taking the Steelers to win the Super Bowl. [Cheers]

Well, that's that, I guess. Time to close this thread down. For the record, I ended up 4-7 with my picks. And for that, I am very sorry.

[ February 07, 2011, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: combine_hunter ]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Orleans Saints (what luck playing a losing team first round)
New York Jets (gotta support my fellow foot guy, Rex)

Baltimore Ravens (my hometeam)
Green Bay Packers (every fiber says go with Philly, but I think they're due for an upset)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wazdaname
Elite Trooper
Member # 29767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wazdaname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colts over jets
ravens over chiefs
saints over seahawks
eagles over packers

steelers over colts
patriots over ravens
saints over falcon
eagles over bears

patriots over steelers
saints over eagles

patriots over saints

for gambling with spreads my picks change but that is what I choose for real life playoff picks

Posts: 488 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My upset pick of this weekend will be Seattle over New Orleans.

Colts over Jets

Ravens over Cheifs

Eagles over Packers.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can never really bring myself to bet against Peyton Manning against any team but the Patriots or Saints. With him at home against a recently hot/cold Jets team, I've gotta go with the Colts, 31-21.

The Ravens should beat the Chiefs. I don't think the young Chiefs have faced a defense as mean and experienced as this one. It'll be low-scoring and decisive, Ravens 23-10

I really see no way the Seahawks could ever beat the Saints, even with home field advantage. The Saints have just about every conceivable other advantage, and they've been playing well, plus it's Drew Brees vs. Charlie Whitehurst, Saints 48-16.

This is the best game of the first round, no question. The Eagles have been struggling, but I imagine they've been itching for another go against the surging Packers. In the end though, I don't think the Eagles have quite enough D to stop Aaron Rodgers and his receivers, Packers 27-23.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CDNFootbabes
The Legend
Member # 21192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDNFootbabes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna be a great weekend! Patrick like the Rex reference!

Saturday;
New Orleans over Seattle
NYJ over Indy(in an upset)

Sunday;
Baltimore over KC
Philly(Vick gonna shine!) over GB

--------------------
Marcus

Follow on Twitter: @CDNFootBabes
Follow on IG: @cdnftguy

Posts: 4602 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone see the Seahawks winning? Wow... I did good with my other picks though.

Now for the new match ups.

Ravens at Steelers (going with Ravens)

Patriots at Jets (going with Jets)

Green Bay at Atlanta (going with Atlanta)

Seattle at Chicago (going with Chicago)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see it, that's for sure. National is the only guy I know of who actually picked them to win.

If anyone else picked them, they didn't post here, so they don't count. [Laugh]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
I didn't see it, that's for sure. National is the only guy I know of who actually picked them to win.

Yup.

To answer Patrick's question, I saw that one coming. This also goes to show that division winners -- regardless of record -- deserve a spot in the playoffs in the event that a win like that happens in the Wild Card weekend.

I saw that one coming because Seattle had nothing to lose and perhaps the Saints underestimated them. No one expected the Seahawks to beat the Saints AND put up 40-somewhat points against them, especially when they had a hard time scoring against the Rams in Week 17. I wanted to see Bradford in the playoffs and I would've rooted for him to oust Brees and the Saints.

I hate the Saints, I hate the WhoDat nation, I hate that "You've got Personality" commercial where they show everyone in New Orleans wearing their own customized Saints jerseys. Yes, Brees deserved to win the 2010 Sportsman of the Year, but other than that, don't like him. And I don't like SuperBowl 44.

So that pick was personal and because I thought everyone underestimated Seattle. I'm happy to see Pete Carroll in a great mood. He's a good guy.

The only other pick I got right was the Ravens over the Chiefs. Boy, was that game boring!

----

For the Divisionals --

As much as I loved Seattle winning, their party stops right now. I've got Chicago.

Steelers over the Ravens.
Green Bay over Atlanta.
Patriots over the Jets.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

I agree that division winners should be in, but if they don't have a winning record, they shouldn't be hosting a playoff game.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Hunter on that last point. The team with the better record ought to be rewarded with a home game, division winner or not.

At any rate, I've got:

Patriots over Jets, 27-17
Ravens over Steelers, 16-13
Bears over Seahawks, 30-21
Packers over Falcons, 35-31

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hibachi
Board Regular
Member # 41548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hibachi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ravens at Steelers (ravens will finally get on the snide)

Patriots at Jets (if rex loses, he can stick a foot in his mouth. pun intended.)

Green Bay at Atlanta (the packer's poor running game will bite them in the butt)

Seattle at Chicago (somehow i have more faith in hasselbeck)

Posts: 19 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

[Cry]

--------------------
 -

ejc8708
Hall Of Famer
Member # 31433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ejc8708   Email ejc8708   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Them Feet are Giving Rex Motivation

Colts out

Patriots Out [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1869 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wazdaname
Elite Trooper
Member # 29767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wazdaname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck these playoffs
Posts: 488 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links