Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » NFL Playoff Predictions (updated 2-7-2011) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions (updated 2-7-2011)
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, waz.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fwrinkledsoles
Hall Of Famer
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fwrinkledsoles   Email Fwrinkledsoles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sports crap has got to be fix! Sucker spend there money as if they are pair of the teams and the teams don't know if they are alive. The rich get richer and the poor goes to un-employment line.

--------------------
http://s385.photobucket.com/user/fwrinkledsoles/media/Donna00.jpg.html

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deeshubby
Board Regular
Member # 34332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deeshubby   Email Deeshubby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black and Gold all the way to Dallas. Going to collect number 7 in the house that Jerry Jones built. That is awesome!!
Posts: 27 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit, I've only been batting .500 this playoff season, that's pretty low for me. I think either of today's games are too close to call. Last I checked the spread in each game was only 3 points.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bears Vs Steelers in Superbowl.
Thats my prediction.

Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Divisional Round, I went with Chicago over Seattle, Green Bay over Atlanta. Over in the AFC, I went for Pittsburgh over Ravens, Patriots over Jets. My pick was the Patriots to go all the way, and it really pisses me off to even consider that Brady and Belichick's legacy has taken a hit for the worse.

In their pursuit of perfection, The Patriots were inches away from immortality. That win to perfect their season meant that they would not have to do anything else for the rest of their lives because that would've placed them in the archives as (perhaps) the greatest team that ever played. Instead, they're 0-3 in their last three playoff games, two of which in where they were heavily favored to win.

Those games are the types that Vince Lombardi would not have lost. He lost his first playoff game, and vowed that that would never happen again. He was right. He went on to win his next ten playoff games, finishing his career with a 10-1 record in the postseason.

Bill Walsh won 4 SuperBowls. That guy does not get enough credit, though.

With these last three losses, Brian Belichick is not under the consideration that he will finish his career as a more legendary coach than the other two guys I mentioned. After the Patriots won their last SuperBowl, it wasn't insane to think that they would win a few more.

This was their season to restore their legacy and for Brady to win his fourth ring. If I were him, I would not retire until I win two more rings. That guy is too good to have everything just fall apart after building a dynasty in New England.

----

I'll wait a week before I make my SuperBowl prediction.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Patriots need to improve both their defensive and offensive lines and get a bona-fide pass rusher in their defense to move forward. Some more depth at running back would be good too. Brady's still got years in him, but that team is incomplete. Any other quarterback at the helm and that's a 9-7 team at best.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!
Did Cutler just quit on his team?

Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question, Eff.

I thought the same thing. Brian Urlacher defended Cutler just after the game, saying that (basically) Jay's not the type to quit on his team for a variety of reasons. But I don't know. I have to know the extent of that injury before I know for sure. But for now, I'm leaning towards the possibility that he quit on his team.

Responding to Salvy's comment, you're absolutely right on how the Patriots would've failed to make the playoffs had there been some guy off street to take Brady's place at Quarterback. When the season started, a lot of people picked the Jets to win the AFC East and how the Patriots young defense would be their undoing.

Yes, the Patriots were on the verge of some improvements to make the team the total package. All Brady had to do was have his offense dominate, especially early in the games, so that the defense can have margin for error because they're not good enough to prevent the opponents from scoring. I though that that would be a formula well enough to get them to win everything before adding more pieces during the off-season.

But the Patriots were the number 1 seed for a reason. I did not think they would lose to the Jets, especially after that 45-3 beatdown, especially how much trash the Jets were talking in the days leading up to their match. I also had no reason to believe that they would lose to Pittsburgh because Brady owns them. I don't think they ever lost to them since Brady took over. And I had no reason to believe that whatever the NFC had to offer would be good enough to defeat the Patriots in Dallas (although Green Bay would give them a run for their money).

But the Patriots didn't show up when they had to. They did not show up when it really mattered. It happens even to the best of these athletes. I thought their offense would be good enough to give their own defense some breathing room. If the offense didn't get going, they would be in trouble.

Those young guys in New England will have to learn from their experiences and use that as a tool to improve on their play and get back at the Jets before winning the Vince Lombardi trophy in Indianapolis next year.

You're right, Brady has years left in him. He better utilize the years he has left to really solidify his legacy just like Peyton Manning.

[ January 25, 2011, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: National ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by National:
That guy does not get enough credit, though.

Who is it that you think underrates Walsh?

I hear a lot of people in the media (mostly announcers) saying that Belichick is the "greatest" coach, or possibly the "greatest". To me, that indicates a lack of hindsight. I won't argue that Belichick isn't a great head coach; I just don't throw around terms like "greatest" without some analysis.

Anyone who knows the history of the game knows that Walsh was one of the great coaches of all-time. He's credited with creating the West Coast offense, and was one of the first to script his plays at the beginning of each game.

Plus, his coaching tree is incredible: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Walsh_Coaching_Tree3.png

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Cutler's never going to approach any of the elite quarterbacks, that much is for sure. I've never understood why he was so highly-touted coming out of the draft, and why the experts always become so enamored with a guy with a big arm and some mobility, and little else. The sad thing is that Cutler is probably more gifted than Jim McMahon, but McMahon was a gamer and a winner and he made sure the Bears' offense played well back in the day.

As for the Patriots, they'll be back. As bad as the defense was this year, there's still a lot of talent there, and a great core to build around with Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Merriweather, Chung, and McCourty. But they need a Clay Matthews/Julius Peppers type player to reek havoc on the offense.

Fwrinkledsoles
Hall Of Famer
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fwrinkledsoles   Email Fwrinkledsoles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how truth it is but I heard that it could cost an individual a $1000.00 to park at a super bowl if you buy now. But, right before the game you can park your car for $200.00. If I had from $200/$1000 to spend. I would rather give it to a women with sexy wrinkled soles to play for the length of a foot ball game.

--------------------
http://s385.photobucket.com/user/fwrinkledsoles/media/Donna00.jpg.html

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvntoes
Major Player
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvntoes   Email luvntoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Salvy_Mic Let me tell you something about Jay Cutler. This guy came out every sunday got his butt kicked and led the bears to the division championship game. something that nobody and i mean nobody thought the bears could do. They beat the eagles packers jets. he can make any thow better than manning or brady and do it with no line whatsoever and an under rated receiving core. He proved that this season. For you to compare cutler to the talent that mcmahon had in his wide receivers not to mention the great line and field position mcmahon got from a great defense. I believe you know nothing about football and to say he is not a winner and a gamer is ignorant. As for the patriots they choked big time against the luckiest team in NFL history. Cant wait for 2012.
Posts: 213 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

I don't hear Walsh's name come up too often when Montana's name is in the conversation. But when you hear Brady's name, you're sure to hear Brian Belichick's name within the next three sentences, sometimes within the next three words. You can also add that those two (Brady and Belichick) won more games as a QB/Coach tandem than any other pairing in history (ahead of Marino-Shula). I could be wrong with that stat, so correct me if I'm wrong. That stat helps remind people just how great these two are. I also do believe that Belichick is a genius, and when the time comes for him to retire, he will be regarded as one of the greatest masterminds of the game. It's just that with those playoff losses, it can no longer be the case that he could possibly be better or more legendary than Bill Walsh. I guess the only way to redeem himself is if he and Brady win two more championships, giving them FIVE titles.

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Counting playoffs, it's 125-122, in favor of Belichick/Brady.

Counting just the regular season, it's 116-111, in favor of Shula/Marino.

Belichick's first name is Bill, btw.

As far as Belichick "redeeming" himself...the list of multiple Super Bowl winners is not terribly long. To wit, there are only four who have won three or more: Chuck Noll (who has four), Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, and the Hoodie.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links