Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » NFL Playoff Predictions (updated 2-7-2011) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions (updated 2-7-2011)
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:

Belichick's first name is Bill, btw.

That's who I meant.

With the salary cap in place, it will be harder for any QB and/or manager to win more than four Vince Lombardi's. In the last ten years, especially, a different team has represented the NFC for the SuperBowl, while the AFC has had one three different teams represent them in the SuperBowl over the same stretch. Should the trend continue, the Patriots still have a shot at getting at least one more before that era up in Foxboro, being that they're in the AFC.

That depends on how much stronger the Jets become, which is a whole 'nother story...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Jets end up becoming the NFL's version of the Sacramento Kings. They'll be brash, they'll continue making big name acquisitions, and they'll keep falling just short of the big time. Not to the same team, over and over again, but I don't get a championship vibe from them.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Pittsburgh and Baltimore have the best chance of winning multiple Super Bowls in the next few years.

The thing is, there are always surprise teams that pop up. That makes it truly impossible to predict with certainty.

That said, I agree that the Jets will likely continue to fall short. I like Rex Ryan, and I think he's building something successful. Next season could determine whether they'll take the next step or fall back into the pack.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed with the Steelers and the Ravens, though I do think the Ravens are about another big play receiver away from truly being elite, and probably some more talent in the secondary. Teams have no reason to fear the big play from the Ravens offense because they don't have a receiver capable of stretching the defense. Boldin has never been that kind of receiver, though he is probably one of the finest possession receivers in the league. And I'm not sure if Flacco is the kind of QB that can take them to the top. He's very talented, but every time I've ever seen him in a pressure situation, high stakes and all, he never delivers.

I think the Steelers will be the team to beat next season. Mike Wallace and Rashard Mendenhall keep getting better, but the O-Line needs to improve. There's also room for improvement in the secondary too.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll come down to whoever wins the AFC North, really. If Baltimore can get home-field advantage, I think you'll see them come out differently.

They've been quite successful on the road with Joe Flacco at QB. But eventually, you have to get one of the top seeds and then defend your house.

I'm not sure all the pieces are there yet for them, either. But if you look at that team, with the focus on running the ball and playing tough defense, as well as the stability in ownership and John Harbaugh as head coach, they're already well on their way.

I'm interested to see how the Packers defense plays. I imagine it'll be similar to the Steelers offense taking on their own defense, in a way.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SOLEMAN 13
All Pro Poster
Member # 33699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SOLEMAN 13   Email SOLEMAN 13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO PACKERS!
Posts: 678 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links