Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » A book about Foot Fetishism? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A book about Foot Fetishism?
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glabrous1:
...fwiw, there is "The Sex Life of the Foot and Shoe" by William Rossi...

I have this book...it is ok...interesting...talking about foot fetish in history...such as Chinese foot binding.

Covers a variety of fetishies...boot fetish, etc.

but...I do think it is a bit biased...the author has a fetish, and seems to want to view everything with foot fetish glasses.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoe Store Kid
All Pro Poster
Member # 2859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoe Store Kid   Email Shoe Store Kid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beautifulfeetonline.com:
I do believe that each fetishist has a different story as to why they are the way that they are. There is no common act or idea amongst us that got us into this journey, at least imho.

I have always thought that people who have not come out about this fetish, may be apprehensive as to how deep this rabbit hole goes, when you let yourself go and let your perversions take over...

But remember that to truly be free is to truly be at peace with yourself. And someone who has not come to terms with this fetish is not free. Maybe some get resentful of the fetish. That is where self doubt, even self loathing in some cases, come into play. I have never thought my foot fetish was a big deal.

So you like womens feet, who gives a shit. Whether one ever come out, or not, does not really matter I guess. But if you see the beauty of the modern woman like I do. If you every so often allow yourself to be completely enraptured by the feminine mystique. If you give into your deeper desires, even for a second. At least you see yourself, your TRUE self every so often. Even if it is a broken kaleidoscope of your true desires for one to reference from...

I still think that we are more "advanced" than 90 percent of our peers. I have studied this quite extensively.

I still cannot see how some of us can date or even marry a woman that will never indulge a simple garden variety fetish such as this. I will go to my grave never understanding why some people would not want, or feel comfortable with verbalizing true needs or desires. With love, imho, you cannot dissect lust and put it into a container to mold into how your partner would choose to define it. I would never give another person the right to even attempt to define what makes me really squirm at 3 o'clock in the morning...

Awesome and insightful post...have much to say on it, but will let it digest. I think what resonates with me in particular is 'dissecting desire', I think this is what I'd write about. Oh, also I think I've put the cart before the horse here vis a vis the book idea. I think for starters there should be a space on Wu's where folks can post essay/blog type things dealing with this topic and sharing our findings on foot fetishism - and I guess it could start here. I'm busy writing another blog type thing at the moment, and don't have an angle as yet from which to delve in to this topic, but I think just keeping this discussion thread going and hashing out ideas is all good. What are all your thoughts or ideas on this?
Posts: 760 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s8r
Loyal Member
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s8r   Email s8r       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rossi's book the best! Another suggestion, but will scare off 90% of fetishists. Haters will hate and always post gripes when I mention this...But look at the Chinese of the Ming dynasty (1368-1644)(yes footbinding)but unless you can get over 'they are just maiming feet' you won't see how much they really, really love and worship feet. For the daring, must reads include: Howard S. Levy's The Lotus Lovers, Aching for Beauty (don't recall author, a bit academic to some), Cinderella and her Sisters by Dorothy Ko - Good photos in all three of these...also, Three Inch Golden Lotus by Feng Jicai (translated by Wakefield), The FootBinding Chair has a couple of good passages...I have other rcommendations but they are either untranslated Chinese like Cai Fei Lu (Record of Gathering Radishes) or Chinese erotic artwork albums like Gulik's Erotic Colour Prints of the Ming...Best of All - - - see Chin Pin'g Mei translated by Roy in three volumes - A BIG but rewarding challenge, the best book you will EVER read, not just for the foot fetish and sex, but so much much more. I'm a college professor and frequently lecture on foot (and other)fetishes from creative, non-pathologizing perspectives for the departments of Women's Studies, Psychology, History, Visual and Performing Arts.
Posts: 91 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s8r
Loyal Member
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s8r   Email s8r       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should also mention not just China but Japan's popular culture and their classics of modern literature are definitely worth a look...search under ashi koki (foot job) or nama ashi (raw or bare feet) for photos and comics. Those searching more erudite texts should definitely check out Junichiro Tanizaki - many of his stories reveal his foot fetish and other kinky stuff. Happy reading and write back with what you found.
Posts: 91 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shantaram
Major Player
Member # 24978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shantaram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great recommendations all around. s8r especially... The Lotus Lovers gives tremendous insight particularly for those of us ( like me :0))with a predilection for Asian feet. The story about how a certain geisha's foot scent was the only way a certain guy could calm down is quite cathartic ( if you will) reading.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read Rossi's book about 24 years ago so it is not an up to date work as I believe it was a few decades old then. It did help answer some questions that I had letting me know that I was not alone.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markn
All Pro Poster
Member # 13818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for markn   Email markn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will not find a good subjective study of "foot fetishism" because they are all authored by humans stuck inside their own heads. Firstly, one must accept that the love of beautiful female feet is not a perversion, but the pinnacle of romantic intellectual awareness. If I ever write the definitive book, I'll let you know. There's my preface.
Posts: 506 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
octoberbaseball
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for octoberbaseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely have to read the Jen Sorel book. Also not so much about foot fetish, but any Yoga book usually has great feet pictures.
Posts: 2004 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was disappointed in reading Bergner's THE OTHER SIDE OF DESIRE to see him seemingly equate foot fetishism with pedophilia.

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjl1717
All Pro Poster
Member # 2939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjl1717   Email mjl1717   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill chime in..

I still think Rossi's book(Sex life of the foot and shoe) although antiquated is the bible for foot fetish.

Nicholsons book is just a story..(also proves that at times the cops can run into foot fetishist)if there is such a word..

The book as I recall "Fetishism" has nice photos..Il double check the title..

Im NOT much into the chinese foot binding..

I also read a book on how to pamper the foot..In addition I read 2 basic reflexology books..

My question-Is Sorels book "The Art of Foot Seduction" only major one that I have not read??

Perhaps we could use an update[Shoe Store Kid]..

[ June 02, 2010, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: mjl1717 ]

Posts: 830 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjl1717
All Pro Poster
Member # 2939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjl1717   Email mjl1717   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addendum

I also read
1)Foot -ishism by Hans Jurgen Dopp -nice photos!

2)Perfect Feet bu Stuart Mogul

Posts: 830 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeTrOiT
All Pro Poster
Member # 37598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeTrOiT   Email DeTrOiT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is exactly the type of thread that I wanted to read when I joined Wu's...I never attempted to search for a book on "Feet" or "Foot Fetish"...I didn't think that there would be much on the subject worth reading...I now know that I was wrong...Please post more and start threads here more often...It's a great service for me to read and learn more about my self from professional intellectuals who understand this fetish...Thanks for your knowledge and insight...

--------------------
...Flawless and Perfect in every way...When I grow up..I'M MOVING TO BRAZIL...lol

Posts: 507 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoe Store Kid
All Pro Poster
Member # 2859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoe Store Kid   Email Shoe Store Kid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by markn:
You will not find a good subjective study of "foot fetishism" because they are all authored by humans stuck inside their own heads. Firstly, one must accept that the love of beautiful female feet is not a perversion, but the pinnacle of romantic intellectual awareness. If I ever write the definitive book, I'll let you know. There's my preface.

I agree. Thanks for adding. This is the kind of angle I would like to take it.
Posts: 760 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoe Store Kid
All Pro Poster
Member # 2859

quote:
Originally posted by mjl1717:
Ill chime in..

I still think Rossi's book(Sex life of the foot and shoe) although antiquated is the bible for foot fetish.

Nicholsons book is just a story..(also proves that at times the cops can run into foot fetishist)if there is such a word..

The book as I recall "Fetishism" has nice photos..Il double check the title..

Im NOT much into the chinese foot binding..

I also read a book on how to pamper the foot..In addition I read 2 basic reflexology books..

My question-Is Sorels book "The Art of Foot Seduction" only major one that I have not read??

Perhaps we could use an update[Shoe Store Kid]..

Yup, fo' sure. I could knock up a bibliography, could be used for a resource. Hey guys, I REALLY want to dedicate more time to this...I am currently busy right now writing on a lot of other stuff...currently have an academic article I have to submit AND I am working on stuff on romantic love and how it is evil...(I'm not being cynical here - in fact I think it will lead into my fetish, ie going against the hetero normative channels of desire, affection and sex etc etc.) I'm beat at the moment. But please, bear with me, I will get around to dedicating time to this.
Shoe Store Kid
All Pro Poster
Member # 2859

quote:
Originally posted by DeTrOiT:
This is exactly the type of thread that I wanted to read when I joined Wu's...I never attempted to search for a book on "Feet" or "Foot Fetish"...I didn't think that there would be much on the subject worth reading...I now know that I was wrong...Please post more and start threads here more often...It's a great service for me to read and learn more about my self from professional intellectuals who understand this fetish...Thanks for your knowledge and insight...

I'm glad. Good writing and insight takes a bit of time though. It's not your standard - what I call - wank material. On this note, has anyone read the blogs by some of the models. I have once upon a time, but they didn't seem to provide what I was looking for. I may revisit these posts though.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links