Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Thoughts on Foot Fetishists who insult other Foot Fetishists (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Thoughts on Foot Fetishists who insult other Foot Fetishists
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes certain things have no purpose being discussed, argued or said online or in person for that matter for the sake of harmony among foot brethren in regards to this specific topic.

I'd be for putting in filters online that sweep for this type of negative chatter and clean it up so that human moderation never needs to come into play because some "cats" let emotions and favoritism always bias up certain issues. OP is right, this place is pretty chill luckily we don't have some of the problems other sites have.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fair Adam
Member # 13350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fair Adam   Author's Homepage   Email Fair Adam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by goodguyneighbor:
Part of this is that the millennial generation has grown up shielded, spoiled, unable to handle criticism, hostile of dissenting viewpoints, intolerant to free speech, labeling others trolls for disagreeing.

According to a recent poll, up to 40% of millennials believe that free speech should be censored. Young foot fetishists tend to be particularly sensitive, often struggling to come to terms with much shame and insecurity.

This particular forum sometimes tends to be elitist; like an over-moderated like minded echo chamber that does not necessarily include everyone's opinion.

Individual viewpoints are a fact of life, and what makes for great discussion. Those who are too easily offended can only develop a thicker skin, learn to turn the other cheek, or be perpetually frustrated.

Despite the pervasive climate of political correctness and social media group-think, there never has, nor ever will be a consensus on any topic, not the least of which is foot fetishes.

cbf

Your point is well taken cbf, and although I agree with most of it in principle, I think we need to make some critical distinctions here. First of all, I’m not a millennial so I have no pony in this race. I believe that in a free society, everyone has not only a right, but a duty of free expression, but please remember that free speech shouldn’t give you the right to yell “Fire!” in a crowded theater.

By all means let us all disagree, but as far as I’m concerned, when the discussion devolves into insults and attempts to shame and/or embarrass, it ceases to be of any use to anyone. Over the years, I’ve had some people write to me with constructive criticism about my work, and how I can improve it, and I’ve also had my share of the “I hate you, and your work sucks” variety. I’m a big boy, and I’m secure enough to let my work speak for itself, but what some may see as being “oversensitive” or “politically correct” I see as a matter of common human decency.

Yes, there will always be people that will hurl bombastic opinions on everyone and everything, and that’s their right, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t or shouldn’t be called on it; what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, isn’t it? I once had someone once express some pretty bigoted opinions to me, only to get really defensive and offended when I told him he was being bigoted. I believe that’s called trying to have your cake and eat it too.

We define our character by how we choose to express ourselves, and if I’m not willing to look at someone in the eye and insult them, I sure as hell won’t be using my computer to do it.

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

----------------------------

Instagram: @archyfair

Posts: 4873 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I once had someone once express some pretty bigoted opinions to me, only to get really defensive and offended when I told him he was being bigoted. I believe that’s called trying to have your cake and eat it too.
I must have had the same guy contact me once. It's funny watching them grasp at straws trying to run roughshot over who they THINK you are and insult your work without ever having done this job. They quickly fold under reverse scrutiny. [Laugh]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fair Adam
Member # 13350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fair Adam   Author's Homepage   Email Fair Adam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
quote:
I once had someone once express some pretty bigoted opinions to me, only to get really defensive and offended when I told him he was being bigoted. I believe that’s called trying to have your cake and eat it too.
I must have had the same guy contact me once. It's funny watching them grasp at straws trying to run roughshot over who they THINK you are and insult your work without ever having done this job. They quickly fold under reverse scrutiny. [Laugh]
Sadly, I think there are some that live just to put others down, NorCal, and if you ask me, that's just pathetic. I really believe if those folks spent half the energy they spend trolling, in doing something creative, like foot photography, who knows?, they might become better photographers than all of us put together.

[Laugh]

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

----------------------------

Instagram: @archyfair

Posts: 4873 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fair Adam:
but please remember that free speech shouldn’t give you the right to yell “Fire!” in a crowded theater.
but what some may see as being “oversensitive” or “politically correct” I see as a matter of common human decency.

These two points, I feel a lot of proponents of "free speech" and critics of political correctness seem to forget, even on other sites that I frequent.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by Fair Adam:
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
quote:
Sadly, I think there are some that live just to put others down, NorCal, and if you ask me, that's just pathetic. I really believe if those folks spent half the energy they spend trolling, in doing something creative, like foot photography, who knows?, they might become better photographers than all of us put together.

[Laugh]

Indeed, even those dudes the OP was talking about that post once and you never see them again. I've had those kind too, and they are far from productive.

--------------------
 -

5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then too these guys do this to get a rise out of people. Usually ignoring is the best medicine.
Posts: 735 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodguyneighbor   Author's Homepage   Email goodguyneighbor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The millennial generation would just as easily sign away their rights to free speech than risk having their feelings hurt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVZa9_Ha5c

cbf

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Doubtful any of those kids in that video

A)Know what the 1st Amendment really says or means.

B) Most people are easily swayed by peer pressure or trying to humor the guy holding the petition clipboard just to be nice.

C)If it really came down to it, they wouldn't support what they just signed.

--------------------
 -

Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be the first person to tell you that I am guilty of doing just that. I've done it out of passionate feelings of self righteousness, displaced anger, fear, lack of understanding or knowledge, peer pressure and the desire to fit in and plain old unadultered bitchiness! This isn't something that I am proud of by any stretch but I strive to learn and grow from every mistake.

I think that it is very easy to get desensitized to fact that there is actually a human being in the other end of computer screen. Common courtesy and human decency have become the exception where it should be the norm. That being said I also think that some of the people in society today are nothing but whiner babies and need to get over themselves!

I apologize, I am not a gifted writer, and my thoughts are not cohesive.

I have never met anyone else in my particular situation before... Ever. It's hard to put myself OUT there and talk about stuff. I like to think that if everyone would just stop and think about that for just a second before they said something a lot of those kind of remarks could be avoided. Does that make sense?

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hyperion
The Legend
Member # 39397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hyperion   Email hyperion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ophilia, I think that a collective stopping-and-thinking-for-a-second would result in a much happier society.

At the very least, nobody would get flipped off on the freeways anymore.

But that's just my opinion. Anybody who doesn't agree with me is a big fat poo-poo head who doesn't recognize the value of my super-genius, nor do they realize how lucky they are that I bequeath my wise words to the internet. Neener.

--------------------
-hyp

Posts: 3723 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by goodguyneighbor:
The millennial generation would just as easily sign away their rights to free speech than risk having their feelings hurt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVZa9_Ha5c

cbf

"Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither."
Posts: 1326 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DMoney19
Loyal Member
Member # 46890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DMoney19   Email DMoney19   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We may have different preferences but we all enjoy beautiful female feet. I say we should unite and share our love for them and you never know, you may be introduced to something new.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a guy is into underaged girls' feet, or he gets off on causing pain to women, then he SHOULD be ridiculed.
Otherwise, I agree that we should be respectful of each other.

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dougiezerts:
If a guy is into underaged girls' feet, or he gets off on causing pain to women, then he SHOULD be ridiculed.
Otherwise, I agree that we should be respectful of each other.

When it comes to fetishes, kinks, idiosyncrasies, oddities, etc., the general guideline that I try to abide by is that if it doesn't cause anyone any physical harm, degrade anyone else nor go against any sort of standard, common sense morals, then I don't see the big deal in it.
Posts: 1326 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links