Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Positive mainstream images of foot-fetishism (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Positive mainstream images of foot-fetishism
PhantomWalker
Board Regular
Member # 43545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhantomWalker   Email PhantomWalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm ripping this topic from a thread I saw on The Mousepad: http://themousepad.yuku.com/topic/149501/Positive-public-images-of-foot-fetishists

Reading that thread got me thinking. I can't really think of any positive (or at least favorable) images of foot-fetishism in on television, or film. If foot-fetishism is brought up, it's usually a trope played for laughs. Or it's the motivating drive inspiring criminal and or pathological behavior.

Perhaps this Scion ad is a step in the right direction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WASX8fCU4kQ

There's nothing particularly negative about the ad I can see. Although one could argue the presence of the foot-model is a non-sequitur that has nothing to do with the advertised vehicle. Otherwise, I was pleasantly surprised to see find it online.

--------------------
"You want to know the oldest lie in America? The idea that power can be innocent."

Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That interesting bc they mentioned that they got a foot model. There's something more to this in our favor!
Posts: 735 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toes2Nose1969
All Pro Poster
Member # 47961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toes2Nose1969   Author's Homepage   Email Toes2Nose1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember an episode of Friends, when Monica was explaining about foreplay, it was mentioned, change it up keep her on her toes, and Rachel said "Toes"
Posts: 514 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the Scion ad is semi-counterproductive if you ask me. It uses the word "Weird" twice while the foot is in view "Weirdly Luxurious" & "Weird Right?" seems to be an innuendo against feet (no matter how sexy those toes were). Too bad Scion will be no more after this year's models, everything is being re branded as Toyota for 2017 year models. Just a useless tidbit someone might be interested in [Laugh]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18309 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SOLEjerX
Elite Trooper
Member # 48925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SOLEjerX   Email SOLEjerX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey fellow Foot-Soldiers!..Here's the link again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WASX8fCU4kQ Check out the jewels on her toes!!! [Thumbs Up] [Joint]
Posts: 440 | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhantomWalker
Board Regular
Member # 43545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhantomWalker   Email PhantomWalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toes2Nose1969:
I remember an episode of Friends, when Monica was explaining about foreplay, it was mentioned, change it up keep her on her toes, and Rachel said "Toes"

My professor shared that clip with us in my undergrad human sexuality course. Rachel blurted out "toes!" while Monica outlined the erogenous zones on a woman's/her body. Rachel qualified that outburst by saying "if you're into that sort of thing" after everyone looked at her funny. The scene made me chuckle to myself.

quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
Actually the Scion ad is semi-counterproductive if you ask me. It uses the word "Weird" twice while the foot is in view "Weirdly Luxurious" & "Weird Right?" seems to be an innuendo against feet (no matter how sexy those toes were).

I wouldn't say the ad is blatantly counterproductive. I think the use of "weird" twice subverts the presence of the foot model in the ad. As if Scion's marketing team is [rhetorically] asking the audience if the visual of a foot on the deashboard is really that out of place. Considering even non-fetishists could admit those bedazzled toes were attractive. But I guess that notion would be considered "weird."

--------------------
"You want to know the oldest lie in America? The idea that power can be innocent."

Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wouldn't say the ad is blatantly counterproductive. I think the use of "weird" twice subverts the presence of the foot model in the ad. As if Scion's marketing team is [rhetorically] asking the audience if the visual of a foot on the deashboard is really that out of place.
I think the narrator debunked that statement with his first line: "It's weird that a FOOT model..blah blah blah...." regardless if everyone likes the visuals the overtones are fairly negative towards it being a foot model and not mainstream as a hand model.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18309 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hyperion
The Legend
Member # 39397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hyperion   Email hyperion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple thoughts:

1. On 9 MAR 2015 this thread was posted about Phoebe on "Friends" doing some "foot flirting":

http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=016250#000000

It was portrayed as something normal one would do in certain contexts to get a guy's attention, and it worked. Not at all creepy or negative. It helped, of course, that the stand-in had *really* pretty feet.

2. "Weird, right?" isn't just what Scion says in this one ad, it's their little slogan. They underwrite certain podcasts, and the host has to say, "Scion: Weird, right?" Feels like a desperate reach out to hipster millennials who don't want Scions. It's a dumb slogan.

--------------------
-hyp

Posts: 3723 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scion is related to Toyota and I like the look of these cars. In Auz they're named "86" and Subaru have the same car different badge (of course) is the "BRZ". I want one.

I wanna be the recruitment agent for foot models for advertisements and what-not. Now that would be a really good job don't you think [Cool]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Feels like a desperate reach out to hipster millennials who don't want Scions. It's a dumb slogan.
In California, "hipster millennials" are what own the majority of Scions I think. Obviously not enough that now they are out of business and had to merge fully with Toyota in production. To add a foot model anywhere near the word "weird" in advertising is a slight on us IMO. Knowing how big marketing corp works, it's not a coincidence. Just strange.

--------------------
 -

nicetoesplease
Major Player
Member # 49513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nicetoesplease   Author's Homepage   Email nicetoesplease   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites is the Ford Escape foot liftgate commercial. The woman wiggles her toes and I was watching this around my friends the first time I saw it and was secretly doing this [Drool]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1V_rm645S0

Posts: 161 | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FMUK
Hall Of Famer
Member # 48775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FMUK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nicetoesplease:
One of my favorites is the Ford Escape foot liftgate commercial. The woman wiggles her toes and I was watching this around my friends the first time I saw it and was secretly doing this [Drool]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1V_rm645S0

Nice!! I hadn't seen that ad before, but we don't have the Ford escape in the UK.

--------------------
FMUKFootFantasies.com
clips4sale.com/96153
Twitter

Posts: 1490 | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When feet are used in mainstream media as objects of humor with the simple intention to elicit laughter, I personally don't really think that's intended to be demeaning in any way towards foot fetishism and I don't find it to be.

Even as a foot enthusiast, I do concede that feet can be funny. We have to be able to laugh at ourselves a little bit and be able to take a few innocuous jokes, as well as making a few on our own. Being hypersensitive and overly serious about it I feel does actually more harm than good.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Choosing not to be sensitive about it is a personal choice based on emotion and feelings. It's still interesting how they imply that feet are weird through innuendo type marketing. I would appeal they are trying to get the business of anti-feet people and feet people by catering to both at the same time here.

[ February 28, 2016, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: NorcalfeetStudios ]

--------------------
 -

PhantomWalker
Board Regular
Member # 43545

quote:
Originally posted by BareSoles84:
When feet are used in mainstream media as objects of humor with the simple intention to elicit laughter, I personally don't really think that's intended to be demeaning in any way towards foot fetishism and I don't find it to be.

Agreed. When I was in high-school I used to get my feelings when I noticed tropes poking fun at foot enthusiasts. And getting teased by my peers for my preferences didn't exactly seem funny to me. Now I have little issue laughing foot related or inspired jokes. As long as they're actually funny, be the humor light or dark/mean-spirited. This clip from "Born Again Virign" is a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N4kDfgteFc

I was snickering to myself when I saw Danielle waving her soles in the context of the episode.

quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
Choosing not to be sensitive about it is a personal choice based on emotion and feelings. It's still interesting how they imply that feet are weird through innuendo type marketing. I would appeal they are trying to get the business of anti-feet people and feet people by catering to both at the same time here.

Norcal's also has a point. It is about choice. I've learned not to expect folks to take our fetish/partialism seriously. And not make a big fuss of it. Foot attraction simply isn't promoted like an attraction to more socially-acceptable parts of a woman's body. However Amope commercials seem to promote the idea pretty tootsies are feminine, and can be eye-candy like other body-parts. Perhaps I should have used that as an example instead of the Scion ad.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links