Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Massachusetts decriminalizes marijuana (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Massachusetts decriminalizes marijuana
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tax they could charge on it alone would pull us a good way out of this recession.
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eliza Durden:
The tax they could charge on it alone would pull us a good way out of this recession.

I agree. It would be a huge amount of money that the state could make out of this.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should be legalized and taxed regardless - there are other things, too.

Every woman I meet does it - most every model - no one really drinks anymore. Which is prob a good thing.

Wow I just read through all the responses - was this thread started by Bill O Reilly?

Until you've seen someone on chemo and morphine you wouldn't give a shit about minor drugs.

[ March 02, 2009, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Elvzz ]

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might be a stupid question on my part, but if they were to legalize weed and tax it, how would they go about taxing it? I mean would weed companies pop up and start manufacturing it? That's great if they did but wouldn't people still just grow there own at home without fear of being fined or jailed for possession now because it is legal?

I personally am against weed use. My best friend has now isolated him self from all of our friends due to his pot smoking, he can't pay rent or bills because he spent what ever money he had on weed. Yes this is just one single incident that happened to my friend but just think of how many other friends around the world that this has happened to. I don't buy it for a second that being high as a kite is not the same as being drunk off your ass. The police are trying to implement roadside tests to determine if your high so they can treat it the same as DUI of alcohol.

My post jumped all over the place on this argument I realize but I think I'll just let Andy and Toetapper battle it out [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not criticizing those who want pot legal, i'm just saying i would vote against it. in my twenties i wanted everything legal and then you have kids, grow up a bit, and realize the dangers.

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elvzz:

Wow I just read through all the responses - was this thread started by Bill O Reilly?

It was started by me, and our clipstore donates to NORML annually

I agree with you though, and you will probably have the same reaction to alot of what is posted here.That is why i will link this as related reading

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
our clipstore donates to NORML annually
I´ve never heard of them before but it seems like a good cause [Thumbs Up]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess by looking at sofatater's avatar he would have that kind of viewpoint and in reply of that-

I've seen the damage something as lowly as pot can do. A relative of mine started on pot at 14, dabbled in harder drugs later but now just has pot. he's mental. ever since he started his mental state has got worse and worse, he even stole my cell phone just to buy some. Another person at my old school was getting high with friends and decided to play chicken on the railtrack and died.

So pot isn't something that makes you invincible like what sofatater thinks. It warps your mind and ANYTHING that can do has the potential to kill. Just like drink driving (it's not the alcohol that directly kills there, it's the lack of concentration and cohesive thinking brought on by it).

Anything that brings on a chemically related change of mental state has the power to become psychologically addictive. That's why games can be addictive, driving fast, excercizing. To say pot isn't addictive is incredibly short sighted.

[ March 05, 2009, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: temp1234 ]

Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no one had ever died from a pot overdose
To steal from Bill Maher....

If anyone would like to attempt to kill me in this way, i am willing to be a martyr for the cause...

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mass. is taking the first step towards this country being like the Netherlands.

After that, Sweden, here we come!

--------------------
"I like feet... A lot!"

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by temp1234:
[QB] I guess by looking at sofatater's avatar he would have that kind of viewpoint and in reply of that-

Just for the record. I started smoking pot when I was 16. It didn't lead me to other drugs. The people I hung out with and circumstances I found myself in led to that. I spent a good number of years involved in all kinds of freelance pharmaceutical research. I only hallucinated when I did LSD and other "psychogenic" drugs. (play chicken with a train?) I suspect that the people you've related to may not have been mentally stable to begin with. I'm 51 years old, I've been around the world 3 times and my I.Q. is 146 (tested 4 months ago my a prospective employer)

You mentioned friends in school so, I have to guess that you would be in your mid twenties at best. You've also probably never smoked any pot either. That's not much experience.

When you get around to picking an avatar, be careful what you pick. Someone might form an opinion about you from it.

If we as a people spent a little less time trying to force our views on each other, we might find that we have more time to fix the other things that need fixin'

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that the growers in California offered to bail the state out if they'd decriminalize it there. The state declined the offer...morons!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28899146

http://druglibrary.org/taxes/

Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sofatater:
Just for the record. I started smoking pot when I was 16. It didn't lead me to other drugs. The people I hung out with and circumstances I found myself in led to that. I spent a good number of years involved in all kinds of freelance pharmaceutical research. I only hallucinated when I did LSD and other "psychogenic" drugs. (play chicken with a train?) I suspect that the people you've related to may not have been mentally stable to begin with. I'm 51 years old, I've been around the world 3 times and my I.Q. is 146 (tested 4 months ago my a prospective employer)

You mentioned friends in school so, I have to guess that you would be in your mid twenties at best. You've also probably never smoked any pot either. That's not much experience.

When you get around to picking an avatar, be careful what you pick. Someone might form an opinion about you from it.

If we as a people spent a little less time trying to force our views on each other, we might find that we have more time to fix the other things that need fixin'

*Claps*
Fucking well said my son!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all drugs should be legal, i don't use drugs but it's bullshit that we're told what we can and cannot put into our own bodies

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of drugs and the legalities. Anyone paying attention to that little ugly drug war going on down in that border town in Mexico? In the past year over 6000 deaths due to the Cartels fighting it out. Mostly their own little armies, but civilians get caught in the crossfire. The Mexican army has been deployed there to keep the peace. They go from 10 murders in that town a day average now to one. In Texas they are preparing National Guard troops in some cities when things spread over the border.

Its been in my local paper, but here's an online link.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29516551/

I've never been a fan of pot as most everyone I knew back when I was younger experimented and did lots of other harder stuff. A casual user at a party is not a big deal, but a few folks I know pretty much went the chemical distance for years which is just as being dependent as an alcoholic is to booze. It broke up families, lost jobs, not finishing school, and a couple guys I knew even committed suicide. Yeah, they probably had other problems as well, but not having a chemically enhanced mind and thinking with a clear head probably would've changed lots of outcomes.

Prohibition didn't work, and it obviously doesn't work with pot being illegal. However, even if it was decriminalized I wouldn't use it or want to be around it again.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links