Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Poll - mistake having voted for Obama? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Poll - mistake having voted for Obama?
mike24
Member # 31430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That the problem with polls like this, you are asking people 1 year into a 4 year term whether they are sorry they voted for Obama in office. It's not a fair question. That's like asking if you like the way a house looks if it's only 25% complete. Every President has bad moments. I remember Reagan's approval rating being in the 40's before it rose again. Same with Clinton. Oh by the way Mr. economist, did you know that Regan double the national deficit? Same with bush? Or do you even care??
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obama's numbers are the lowest {the quickest} of ANY US president ever..you can't argue with that. He will literally have to save the world to bring it around at this point. But..maybe that is what his handlers have in store, I guess we'll see.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18367 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't pity the guy who has to clean up George's mess at all. That's an instant crutch to be given. The intelligent thing would be to see if he can fix these problems in his term and then judge his capabilities or even if he can fix them.

I'm neutral on the matter but it's hilarious, especially as an american living abroad looking in, of the madness engulfing this situation. He's been in power for what, a year? If Obama didn't get in would these armchair opponents be making the exact same claims about the other guy? Heavens no.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
den2
Elite Trooper
Member # 20517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for den2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know He (Obama) did say when he was campaigning that this mess wasn't going to be fixed overnight and that it would get worse before it got better, but I guess SOME people didn't hear that due to a selective hearing disorder. [Smile]
Posts: 372 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lambskin
Elite Trooper
Member # 1542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lambskin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The President also said that unemployment would never get above 8.5% and that the only way to save the economy was to pass an $800 billion stimulus bill in a matter of a couple of days in which I'm sure most of our legislatures did not read the whole thing. Now he wants billions more for a "jobs" bill, (ie more stimulus). While I agree that 1 year out of 4 is not enough to judge his presidency, I think that many people are tired of his policies which spend more money and put the US in more debt than any of the previous 43 presidents combined.

Now I know the standard rebuttel is its all Bush's fault, he has to clean up his mess, etc, but look at what started the recession. It was the collapse of the housing market. This was in part (a big part) caused by the governement forcing banks to ease lending restrictions and getting into the business themselves via Fannie and Freddie. These were not all Bush policies. The housing market collapse was not caused by a few tax cuts and the wars. It was the federal governement getting involved, the banks, and ultimately stupid people who thinkg that they deserve and should own more than they can afford. People inflating the price of an 80 year old, 1500 sq foot crap house to $800,000 because its in California, created that mess that lead to the housing collapse and recession.

While the President does deserve more time, I do think he needs to change some of his policies. One last example I will give is cap and trade. How the hell do you expect to grow the economy and encourage businesses to hire by adding new taxes on the cost of energy? It doesn't make sense.

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lambskin: The general public doesn't know the true macro-economic figures so don't expect that last post to resonate with some people, but it's understandable because the mainstream news agencies don't report the real numbers and still paint a rosie picture of recovery lol We're not out of the woods yet.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18367 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How have Republicans been "obstructionist" when the Democrat party has had a Super-majority in the Senate and an unassailable majority in the House? The Dems have had the opportunity to do anything they wished for the last year and the Republicans didn't have the numbers to "obstruct" a thing. Anyone who would contend otherwise has been letting Keith Ohlberman & Chris Matthews do their thinking for them.

As for blaming George Bush: A year in office is ample time for Obama to do serious damage on his own. Further, keep in mind that in his brief tenure as a Senator, Obama voted FOR every Bush proposal including that abomination of a bill, TARP. Blaming Bush just doesn't cut it; it is a whining child's way of trying to shift responsibility away from the one who truly deserves the blame.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're all the same. Don't you guys see? What has Obama done differently that Bush wouldn't have done this year? What has Obama done differently than McCain would have done? Nothing! It's all the same BS.

They're putting the wool over our eyes by creating a mini civil war to prevent us from seeing what is really happening.

Do you really think Bush wouldn't have approved another stimulus? He already had two BIG one's, why not.

This blame game is stupid. We voted these guys in. WE Americans are to blame. The truth is i'm not sure that the events of the past 8 years wouldn't have happened too much differently under another administration.

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bison4me
Major Player
Member # 21530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bison4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an Independent its funny to see Republicans stand to the side and criticize the Administration and at the same do absolutely nothing. Its easy to blame, smear, and point fingers, not one have I heard one roll their sleeves and say OK, lets tackle this thing, I suggest we do this or that. I work on The Hill, so I hear both sides of the isle every day.

GQguy I have to agree with you, living in washington, the tide is extremely bitter on both sides. While I agree with some of the platform issues of both parties, the Republicans frustrate me with this racial undertone that they spew in their rhetoric. Meanwhile the democrats frustrate me with their, "I just cut your arm off...no you didn't, my arm is fine" approach. When things don't work just admit it and move on to something that does. That was the problem with the last administration, they took down a whole country just to prove a point... a point they were wrong about to begin with.

Its utterly frustrating, but no I don't think it was a mistake in voting Obama as President. Bush (his Administration) probably set this country back for at least 2 decades so the next couple of Presidents have a serious chore on their hands. The successes and failures of this government I think will have to be measured in the totality of the next four administrations, not in the first year of one.

Posts: 190 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's be honest - he was voted in for TOTALLY the wrong reasons: because he's black; that's the be-all and end-all.

Yes, he's an excellent orator, but I doubt the whatever percentage of (mostly) black people who never have voted until that election were particularly listening to what he was saying. What you lot can't seem to get into your heads is the president is kinda inconsequential in terms of power - he's not the "king" of the country: you've got the Congress. President means shitting fucking ass-all.

Having said all that, were I American, I would have voted for him and not looked back. The idiots that vote on appearance and not politics were making groups on Facebook and all sorts stating if Obama doesn't get in office, they will riot throughout America. Pathetic really, but there ya go...

Rather have a guy who can't do anything and no riots than the same with riots. Plus he *did* start in the middle of an economic crisis...who's to say he hasn't lessened the blow that would have happened under Republican rule?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike24:
That the problem with polls like this, you are asking people 1 year into a 4 year term whether they are sorry they voted for Obama in office. It's not a fair question. That's like asking if you like the way a house looks if it's only 25% complete. Every President has bad moments. I remember Reagan's approval rating being in the 40's before it rose again. Same with Clinton. Oh by the way Mr. economist, did you know that Regan double the national deficit? Same with bush? Or do you even care??

Well no, he has stated "A year in" how do you feel about it?...the answer may well be different in 3 years, but he wasn't trying to trick anyone so don't pick up on irrelevancies and state your opinion or don't state anything.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The idiots that vote on appearance and not politics were making groups on Facebook and all sorts stating if Obama doesn't get in office, they will riot throughout America.
Internet nerds who hang out on Facebook don`t start riots. [Laugh]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandal lover Tim
Board Regular
Member # 12354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandal lover Tim   Email sandal lover Tim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OBAMA - One Big Ass MISTAKE America!!

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
quote:
The idiots that vote on appearance and not politics were making groups on Facebook and all sorts stating if Obama doesn't get in office, they will riot throughout America.
Internet nerds who hang out on Facebook don`t start riots. [Laugh]

-Hal-

Black American ghettos do...

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links