Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any fans of Death Metal here? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Any fans of Death Metal here?
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I have to interject here but I saw this thread come back to life and I was going through it and I saw several people list Slayer as death metal bands that they like. Slayer is not a death metal band. They're a thrash metal band.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
russ
Elite Trooper
Member # 10866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for russ   Author's Homepage   Email russ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am bad at the classifications, but the metal bands i like are..opeth, neurosis, high on fire, pig destroyer, acid bath and a few others.

lately i'm really digging sludge metal (i've heard some of these bands described as doom too, i'm not too sure what the difference is) like eyehategod, electric wizard, bongzilla and the melvins (idk if you all would classify them as metal really, but they rock hard!)

Posts: 482 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by russ:
I am bad at the classifications, but the metal bands i like are..opeth, neurosis, high on fire, pig destroyer, acid bath and a few others.

lately i'm really digging sludge metal (i've heard some of these bands described as doom too, i'm not too sure what the difference is) like eyehategod, electric wizard, bongzilla and the melvins (idk if you all would classify them as metal really, but they rock hard!)

I've never heard of High On Fire, Acid Bath, Electric Wizard or Bongzilla but the others are all metal. Although I think The Melvins may be classified as Nu Metal which shouldn't really be metal in the first place.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Albatross
Elite Trooper
Member # 15234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Albatross     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by russ:

Electric Wizard and High On Fire rule!
Posts: 310 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Neurosis are amazing, too...especially live.
(at least their old albums...haven`t heard any of their newer stuff)

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im heavy into Pantera lately..not sure where you would want to classify them under(RIP Dimebag Darryl).
I saw someone mention Prong..big fan of the "Snap your Fingers, Snap your Neck" song. Got me through 16 hour days working out west blaring that in my iPod!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are Prong still around? I have their very first album from 1987 ("Primitve Origins") and that was amazing for it`s time. More hardcore than metal, though.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links