Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » what concerts have you been to in the last year (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: what concerts have you been to in the last year
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curiouse to see what shows people have gone to in the last year...if you haven't gone to any recently,what was the last show ya went to,or best or worst show,etc,this is my list,no order,I lisen to all types of music the genras of the bands might seem weird compared to another band on the list

Cradle of filth/arch enemy
Mindless self indulgence
Nine inch nails/dreadson dolls (twice now)
Bella morte
Non phixion
Mr hyde/ill bill
Twiztid
Danny diablo/mr hyde
Mortiis/behemoth/danzig(yes he performed misfits songs!!!!)
Genitorturers
H.I.M-next week lol
Depeche mode-still waiting for my tix
Best shows I've been to(just a few there's been many)
Rammstein
Marilyn manson(god is in the tv tour)
Lords of acid(second to last tour here)
Tool(@ msg)
Depeche mode(@ msg)

Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depeche Mode seems kinda out of place with all those other bands in your list.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footspy:
Depeche Mode seems kinda out of place with all those other bands in your list.

Depeche Mode is easily my favorite of all those bands he mentioned, but as for them seeming out of place with the list I'd largely agree with a few exceptions:

1) Nine Inch Nails - Like DM, they're also a very electronic project which made full use of synthesizer & drum machine textures, not to mention being incredibly popular in the same dance clubs as DM.

2) Rammstein - Like NIN & DM, another pulsating electronic band that found a home with the club culture.

3) Marilyn Manson - Well, they're not very electronic but hey, they covered "Personal Jesus", so that's gotta count! hehe

As for what concerts I've been to in the last year, I haven't seen very much of anybody because I've been way too busy performing at my own concerts! I can't even remember the last time that I went out to see a band that I'm into perform live. I'll be sure to post it if it comes to me.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen any shows this year. I used to go once a week to see anything when I was 20, but times have changed. The last few I've seen in the past couple of years are:

Cheap Trick (twice)
Rush
Deep Purple/Scorpions/Dio
Iron Maiden/Queensryche/Dio
Bob Dylan
Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hose Guy
Major Player
Member # 9832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hose Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September:

Motley Crue

Summer 2005:

The Black Crowes (opening act)
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Summer 2004:

Van Halen (Hagar)

--------------------
"Keep your pantyhose on." -- Ed Harris as Virgil 'Bud' Brigman in The Abyss

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told you guys you'd be like wtf when you saw the list,so let me break it down on how thease bands aren't acually too differant and a lot were influanced by somone on the list.here's the break down:

Depeche mode-there own entity on the list
Danzig-own entity,one of the founding fathers of black metal and influanced later punk.
Nine inch nails-influanced by depeche modes darker moments and sounds.
Lords of acid-later music obviously influanced by nin.
Marilyn manson-influanced by nin,and partialy by black metal(cradle of filths type music/behemothas far as looks and screams)
Genitorturers-orginally influanced by lords of acid and black metal,later influanced by marilyn manson.
Rammstein-influanced by nin,lords of acid and depeche mode
Cradle of filth-danzig,some say dani filth is or was the english marilyn manson
arch enemy-cradle of filth
behemoth-dont know too much about their history,but if they came out after cradle,they were influanced.
Mindless self indulgence-there kinda there own thing,but I'm sure nin,lords of acid and the misfits did some influance.
Mortiis-orginally in a black metal band,nin,marilyn manson
h.I.m-somwhat black metal,danzig
Bella morte-nin,danzig,depeche mode
wednesday 13(a show I forgot about lol)-definitly danzigs days in the misfits,marilyn manson.
Tool-???maybe nin??
Dreadson dollsi?????
Now I saved thease for last cause they're hiphop so they seem the most outta place but ill break it down:
twiztid-use creepy electronic music @ times seems like nin,marilyn manson/hiphop look and lyrics borderline black metal
ill bill-ill bill is as influanced by danzig and black metal(lyricly) as he is kool g rap
Non phixion-ill bil cause he's in that band lol
Mr hyde-influanced lyricly by black metal
Danny diablo-is a nyc hardcore icon with skarhead so he obviously was influanced by misfits.
Hope you all see now that they're not all that differant...being you guys seem to be highlighting depeche mode,I got a question for ya even tho it doesn't attain to dm but more the date in time of their hayday:did you guys ever see sisters of mercy?? I'd fkn go insane if I were to see them during or before the floodland era...now with over a decade gone by with no new music,depise for america now more than b4 and eldrich gettin old I doubt it will ever happen [Cry] ..so yea if you saw them,how was it??

Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vineofthorns:
did you guys ever see sisters of mercy??

I was pretty much a Depeche Mode fanatic for a while there, but for some reason I never got into The Sisters of Mercy. The only reason I can think of why they didn't cross my path was because they were generally classified as a gothic rock band, and my interest rested squarely with the electronic new wave/synth-pop bands that were cropping up at that time. There's definitely some crossover between those camps, but I didn't expose myself to it back then. I just exposed myself period. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't gone to any real shows this year either. Last year in December I saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which was killer! I also saw Aerosmith in September.

What about first concerts? Mine was KISS back in '86 (without makeup...darn).

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What about first concert?
Mine was Bad Religion in ´89.
I remember I lost my glasses in the pit and they were trampled.

My second show was Napalm Death. [Nut Kick]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

I think my first show was insane clown posse back in 96 or 97(yea yea,you can all laugh) when they were still allowed to play nyc..it was a great show to be your first show.they have this fondness wit faygo soda(ultra cheap soda)and they throw bottles of it,have clowns onstage wit water hoses of it.the lighting and ocational character mixed in with them clowned selfs and creepy songs made it quite enjoyable and I still feel they put on the best rap show...we lrft that show drenched in soda,we even smelt like it..I remember bein soo sticky from the soda that we pretty much felt stuck on the leather seats of the car lol...
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st show Rush - Power Windows Tour '86 and Steve Morse was the opening act.

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by ledaemon:

That's a cool bill. I bet back in 1986 you never would've expected that Steve Morse would end up playing guitar in Deep Purple one day!

[Cool]

Calico Jack

footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only ever been to one concerts in all my 26 years. I saw Metallica back on March 30th, 1997. Corrosion Of Conformity was opening up for them. There have been more than a few shows, especially this year, that I've missed out on because I was either broke or couldn't get someone to go with me. None of my friends like metal so it sucks to be me.

Motley Crue came here in February but I didn't want to go alone, afterwards however I wish I had. Judas Priest recently came here but I completely forgot about it until I saw an article about them the day of the show and I had already spent the rest of my cash. What sucked is that they had Anthrax opening up for them. Aerosmith is playing here on the 16th but the tickets were too expensive for me. It really sucks because I've been dying to see them.

Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last concert: NIN
Before that: Ozzfest
The one before that: NIN, the first leg of the tour

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
quote:
Originally posted by ledaemon:

That's a cool bill. I bet back in 1986 you never would've expected that Steve Morse would end up playing guitar in Deep Purple one day!

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Yeah, Morse was playing on the Purple tour we saw a couple of years ago. He's a pretty amazing guitarist.

You probably already know Blackmore is doing his own brand of "renaissance" music with his wife that is young enough to be his friggen granddaughter. [Laugh] I've got all the Blackmore's Night cds, but don't expect to hear anything like "Smoke on the Water" on them! [Laugh]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links