Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Anyone play the guitar? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anyone play the guitar?
oscarthemonkey
The Legend
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oscarthemonkey   Email oscarthemonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by goodguyneighbor:
quote:
Damn!!! Is that one of your creations????
Yeah, everything was entirely handmade.

The idea for the pearl inlays were inspired by a memorable trip to Tahiti.

I drew the pattern on paper and then used that as a template to cut the abalone and mother of pearl with a jewelers saw.

The body was hollow routed from a solid block of Honduras Mahogany, top carved from master grade bookmatched sitka spruce, a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, solid ebony bridge & tailpiece with a bone saddle, Seymour Duncan 59s, and a sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer finish.

It had a nice acoustic/electric tone.

Almost a shame to sell them when they're done, so much personal time and labor is involved. Owner lives across the country.

Maybe I'll see her again someday.

Well, You have certainly mastered the trades of photographer AND luthier....

--------------------
Latina Feet Can't Be Beat!

Posts: 4819 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crazy_Diamond
Major Player
Member # 22956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crazy_Diamond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play as a form of relaxation now. I've had my shares of "open mic nights" and things like that. I love music and most of all music theory. I find it more interesting studying music theory, however, I faithfully set aside 1 hour each day for playing. Whether it be strumming on the Martin or jamming on the Gretsch. I'd also like to emphasize the importance of being able to read music and not having to rely on tablature. Learn to read music. That's just my 2 cents worth. Oh, by the way, my setup comprises of Martin DX1-K, Little Martin, Gretsch 5120, and a Fender Frontman 10G.

--------------------
"Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky"

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_Diamond:
I'd also like to emphasize the importance of being able to read music and not having to rely on tablature. Learn to read music.

Thank you for mentioning this. As a guitar teacher, I have had the frustrating experience of having to rehabilitate students taught (or, worse, self-taught) by tab.

I recently had a young student accepted at a private academy (with a scholarship for guitar playing). When asked if he could read tabulature, my student replied, "My teacher says that stuff is the work of the devil". I received a thank you note from Music Dept. staff.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links