Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Wu Book Club :p (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Wu Book Club :p
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys,

i was just wondering - i love reading and am always looking for books.

a lot of people on this board seem to be eloquent, intelligent people. i thought you guys could be a good source of book recommendations [Big Grin] all different genres, lengths, authors. i dont care if its a helen fielding or dickens or eliot - any suggestions. ideas or warnings will be much appreciated [Smile]

AK
x

[ April 16, 2009, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Athena K ]

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and andrew i know youre going to call me a nerd but i dont care [Tongue]
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my recent reading material has been -

Mr.Murder by Dean Koontz
DUH! The Stupid History of The Human Race By Bob Fenster

And a big stack of Luis L'mour paperbacks

Required reading back in high school(early '70's) was a book called "Alas Babylon" I don't remember the author but, I thought it was a good read. It's about a town that survives a nuclear holocaust.

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're into speculative scientific-based action/adventure, I'd suggest anything by James Rollins, especially his Sigma Force series. Subterrenean, Excavation, Deep Fathom, Amazonia, and Ice Hunt are his stand-alones, while Sandstorm, Map of Bones, Black Order, The Judas Strain, and The Last Oracle are all Sigma Force, in that order. He's coming out with a new Sigma Force, The Doomsday Key, this summer, and sometime in the fall, he's coming out with another stand-alone, Alter of Eden.

All of his books have a historical bent too, not too dissimilar from Angels & Demons or The DaVinci Code (both good reads, if flawed in their research) that works hand in hand with the scientific. They're damn good books, and Rollins is pretty good at making you care about his characters, especially the mains in the Sigma Force books.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic Athena. I enjoyed The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons so much (especially A&D), that I decided to go back and read Dan Brown's other books; Deception Point, and Digital Fortress. I enjoyed both of them. I am now reading "Columbine" by Dave Cullen. It's an interesting read on the tragedy in Littleton, CO in '99.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are your favorite books Athena? just to have a hint on what to recommend [Smile]
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Athena K:
and andrew i know youre going to call me a nerd but i dont care [Tongue]

You NER...hardly seems worth it now =/
*tries to think of books with a foot fetish theme... [Tongue] *

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Book with foot fetish theme: "Footsucker" -Geoff Nicholson.
 -

I haven't read it, but remember the big deal it made on usenet on alt.sex.fetish.feet when it came out back in '95.

My wife is the reader of the family and typically reads a lot of history novels. Try anything by Stephen Ambrose for good WW2 stuff. "Band of Brothers" or "Citizen Soldier" are good.

I read the Audie Murphy autobiography "To Hell and Back." Good story of the most decorated US soldier of WW2.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

thanks for all the suggestions guys! keep em coming [Big Grin]

the alchemist and alas babylon have both been recommended to me by a friend of mine actually, so they are on the list [Smile]

ive never read much sci-fi (it confuses me lol, same with fantasy) but i really should make more of an effort to read some more before i judge the whole genre lol.

i STILL havent got around to reading any dan brown hahaha eeeeeeeeveryone tells me how amazing it is! but you knnow how sometimes things just slip away...

and You... my favourite books are pretty damn varied and soooo many. ill give you the top ten?

1. to kill a mockingbird - harper lee
2. peter pan - jm barrie
3. the book thief - markus zusak
4. lolita - Vladamir Nabokov (probably spelt wrong. apologies)
5. hamlet - shakespeare
6. hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy - douglas adams
7. tomorrow when the war began - john marsden
8. cards on the table - agatha christie
9. bridget jones - helen fielding
10. the odyssey - homer (the fagles translation is my favourite)

book with a foot fetish leaning... history of the high heel? [Tongue] or history of shoes [Tongue] im sure youd get some cute tootsies [Wink]

[Smile] AK

Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

and ledaemon i LOVE historical fiction! partic in the age of catastrophes (first part of 20th century basically hhaha) ive actually read band of brothers (and adored it)

the book thief in my list is actually set in nazi germany, if your wife is interested in hirstorical fiction she should give it a look. its apparently 'young adult fiction' but it is one of the most amazing books i have ever read.

You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh nice, then i should recommend you some classics

the catcher in the rye by JD Salinger
the grapes of wrath by john steinbeck
of mouse and men by john steinbeck
the lord of the flies by william golding
on the road by jack kerouac

some historical books of interest might be

mila 18 and exodus by leon uris

and yeah, angels and demons by dan brown is a great read

for something a little more dense, try No Logo by Naomi Klein

heh [Smile]

Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

no logo, thats about advertising and politics right?

and i love on the road!! the only people for me are the mad ones... i love the beat era. allen ginsberg is one of my idols.

im really keen to read catcher in the rye, and i studied the play of mice and men in high school, but i havent ever read it. i cried [Tongue]

Shelley
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shelley   Author's Homepage   Email Shelley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read some of these books Athena but everytime I even look at a book anymore, I think of The Diary of Anne Frank. It was mostly written by her and it is recomended reading...Shelley [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
www.clips4sale.com/store/10915
www.images4sale.com/store/10915
 -
 -

Posts: 1657 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

quote:
Originally posted by Athena K:
no logo, thats about advertising and politics right?

and i love on the road!! the only people for me are the mad ones... i love the beat era. allen ginsberg is one of my idols.

im really keen to read catcher in the rye, and i studied the play of mice and men in high school, but i havent ever read it. i cried [Tongue]

yes you are right about No Logo..

hehe then i recommend the catcher in the rye first. and yes, of mice and men is terribly sad hehe

let us know what you decide to read first [Smile]

diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess I fall in the dork category but here it goes:
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey, Arthur C. Clarke
2. The Forge of God, Greg Bear
3. The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins
4. The Demon Haunted World, Carl Sagan
5. The Origin of Species, Charles Darwin
6. Ringworld, Larry Niven

Just a few of my favorites.

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links