Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Wu Book Club :p (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Wu Book Club :p
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
siddharta was an amazing read, add that one to the list heh
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
something with a more emotional slant than what most have been recommending is anything by jody picoult. i just finished handle with care and it was good, but didnt come close to my sister's keeper or 19 minutes. if you liked bridget jone's you'll love the shopoholic series as well as sophie kinsella. and yes, i have read all those. i am consumate reader and read everything.

ok for some that i would typically lean towards when i am not reading the books on my wife's side of the bed...
- ANYTHING by china meiville. the scar is just phenomenal.
- fear and odd thomas series by koontz
- dune series by frank herbert. VERY dense writing, but if you can get through it, mind blowing.
- the lucifer principle by howard bloom. a fantastic explanation of how 'evil' has benefited specific society segments and their advancement.
- oliver sacks.. except one of his latest ones about music. total snoozefest, but his others are fascinating.
- alice sebold - lovely bones was cool.. lucky was heartwrenching and the almost moon was.. odd.

that should keep you busy just on researching the titles lol

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha wow what a great response!! thank you everyone! im probably going to track down catcher in the rye first, and then look back on all the good old historical fiction titles that have been suggested.

i hope this thread keeps going so other people can benefit from it too [Smile]

AK
x

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:hug:
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any book by Tom Clancy I recommend. Also I am reading "Mountie Makers: Putting the Canadian in the RCMP" by Robert Gordon Teather. Tells about life at the Training Depot(where I hope to be by summer time [Big Grin] ).
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't read [Cry]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...The Bible?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice thread. I love reading.

I grew up reading a lot of Michael Crichton and Stephen King. I read Jurassic Park when I was 11, and it owned my life. The film is still one of my favourites. I was also heavy into King's "Dark Tower" series many years ago. I followed it through the fourth installment, Wizard and Glass, which remains one of the most interesting things I've ever read. King took a major hiatus with those books after that, and I never picked them back up. By the time he resumed them, I had moved on to other authors and interests. I understand he's finished the series by now.

I really enjoyed "Solaris" by Stanislaw Lem as a teenager. Must have read it 4 or 5 times by now. Lem was a brilliant Polish sci-fi author who utilized a great deal of philosophy and satire in his work.

Solaris is about "the ultimately futile attempt to communicate with an alien life-form on a distant planet. The planet, called Solaris, is covered with a so-called 'ocean' that seems to really be a single organism covering the entire surface. The ocean shows signs of a vast but strange intelligence, which can create physical phenomena in a way that science has difficulty explaining. The alien mind of Solaris is so inconceivably different from human consciousness that all attempts at communication are doomed (the 'alienness' of aliens was one of Lem's favourite themes; he was scornful about portrayals of aliens as humanoid)." (Wikipedia) A really haunting and tragic story. It was adapted for film by Andrei Tarkovsky in the 70s...touted as Russia's answer to "2001: A Space Odyssey". Great film, very trippy. Stay away from the 2002 George Clooney adaptation. It is poison!

Post-high school I've been a real Thomas Pynchon fiend. Started with Mason & Dixon, then Against the Day, and currently reading Gravity's Rainbow. Very post-modern historical fiction. I'd recommend them all. I find that man's words so curiously satisfying to read. He could run a sentence on for pages and I wouldn't begrudge him, he's so damn good at it.

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna get Fahreed Zakaria's The Post-American World

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeah_i_suck_toes
Loyal Member
Member # 21104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeah_i_suck_toes   Email yeah_i_suck_toes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a list of some of my favorite books:
(in no particular order)

Anything by Chuck Palahniuk
V. by Thomas Pynchon
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig
C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength)
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
The Stranger by Albert Camus
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien

Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished "Everything is illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer.
Very good read.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently perched on the tank of my toilet is a large hard bound collection of the works of Mark Twain.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a list of good authors all who are fiction:

1. Harlen Coben (one of the best in my opinion)
2. James Patterson
3. Jeffrey Deaver
4. Michael Donnelley
5. Steven White
6. Lee Child (The Jack Reacher Novels are awesome)

I have read almost everything by these guys and like them all.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
18th Floor
Elite Trooper
Member # 35007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18th Floor   Email 18th Floor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freakanomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner.
Posts: 448 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_foot_fetishist
Loyal Member
Member # 30029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_foot_fetishist   Email the_foot_fetishist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The World Series. It was put together by Josh Leventhal. It's a comprehensive look back of what happened at each World Series. If you're a baseball fanatic, this book can really help you get a good understanding of how the history of the game changed throughout the decades.
Posts: 60 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links