Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Wu Book Club :p (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Wu Book Club :p
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good book I'd recommend is "The Power of NOW," by Eckhart Tolle.
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Athena K:
im really keen to read catcher in the rye,

THE BOOK THAT KILLED A BEATLE!? =o !!!
Monster!!
and...apparently it's absolute shit, babe...like really, really dull. (I've been well-informed)

I like:
Of Mice and Men
Lord Of The Flies
The Shining (as you know [Tongue] )
Oh - and random fact books ^_^

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:

Monster!!
and...apparently it's absolute shit, babe...like really, really dull. (I've been well-informed)

lol blasphemy, check your sources [Tongue]
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by You:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:

Monster!!

lol blasphemy, check your sources [Tongue]
Didn't a few people just...jump out of a window after reading it?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol i dont know about that, what people do is obvioulsy not the authorīs fault
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by You:
lol i dont know about that, what people do is obvioulsy not the authorīs fault

different horses for different courses [Tongue]
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

true.

clearly the book is not to be enjoyed and praised by everyone but it sure is one iīd recommend to you [Smile]

Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a short list of some of my Favorite books. Not in any particular order. Thanks for starting this thread. I have been looking for more ideas. I am currently reading:

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

1. Life of Pi by Yanni Martel
2. Colditz by Henry Chancellor
3. 1984 by George Orwell
4. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
5. Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
6. Dry by Augusten Burroughs
7. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
8. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alezandre Dumas
9. Timeline by Michael Crichton
10. The Pleasure of my Company by Steve Martin
11. Anything written by CHuck Palahniuk ie...Choke, Haunted, Rant, and Diary to name a few.

Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

nice titles Panic!
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Panic:
3. 1984 by George Orwell

-
hahahaha - not my kinda book, concept is surprisingly accurate though considering it was written in '48...

--------------------
 -

Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just a short list of some of my Favorite books. Not in any particular order. Thanks for starting this thread. I have been looking for more ideas. I am currently reading:

3. 1984 by George Orwell
11. Anything written by CHuck Palahniuk ie...Choke, Haunted, Rant, and Diary to name a few.

i looooooooooooove george orwell. i picked up a book of his essays the other day and the man is amazing. i realy want to read down and outt in paris and london, but its so hard to track down, most shops only stock 1984 and animal farm (yet they have all the twilight series! *shakes fist*)
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLover36
Elite Trooper
Member # 22908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLover36   Email FootLover36   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could get into reading but I have a real problem with my attention span when it comes to books.

Here is a link which you may find of some use:

http://www.richardandjudybookclub.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=15201&langId=100

I actually have a couple of recommendations, but they're to do with Maths and Physics.

1. Music Of The Primes - Marcus du Sautoy

2. A Brief History Of Time - Stephen Hawking

I found both books to be an interesting read, although some knowledge of Maths and Physics may be helpful when it comes to reading them.

--------------------
Smelly, sweaty feet RULE!!!

Posts: 277 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

3. 1984 by George Orwell

i looooooooooooove george orwell. i picked up a book of his essays the other day and the man is amazing. i realy want to read down and outt in paris and london, but its so hard to track down, most shops only stock 1984 and animal farm (yet they have all the twilight series! *shakes fist*)
I totally agree...George Orwell was a genius!
Make sure to also read his amazing book "Homage to Catalonia" about the Spanish Civil War and then watch the great movie "Land and Freedom" by British director Ken Loach (most of his political movies are pretty good!), which is loosely based on Orwell`s book.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

orwell is probably my favorite author...animal farm my favorite book [Blush]
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another collection of amazing books are the works of Hermann Hesse. He was a German author (1877-1962) but I heard he`s even quite popular over there in the USA and apparently the English translations are actually pretty good.

His best known novels are "Steppenwolf" and "Siddhartha", which I can highly recommend, along with his other novels (he wrote about a dozen books).

You can read more about him here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Hesse

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links