Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your all-time favorite live albums/recordings? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What are your all-time favorite live albums/recordings?
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Jack, I thought you were going along with hott3028' sentiment. I saw your pun as a complaint about too much Dead being here.
I guess I'm sorry to have implicated you in this, when it was hott that got it all going.

quote:
Originally posted by hott3028:
No offense, I never understood the whole Grateful Dead thing. I think people aren't really into the music (it's gotta be the most soul-less stuff imagineable, like a bunch of guys tuning up their instruments), they are into the community of the whole scene. Drugs, no baths, chicks with armpit hair, bad twirl dancing and drugs.

Almost a decade after Garcia died, these people are still carrying on.

So accept my apologies, Jack. I misunderstood you, and for that I'm truly sorry.

As for hott3028, keep your crummy opinions and generalizations to yourself.

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey vasduten, take it easy. We are all pals here, just rabble rousin' you a little.

Now go put on side one of "Wake of the Flood", smoke a J, dab on a little pichooley oil and i'll knit you a fancy Guatamalen poncho.

Now lets move on.org

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2 X 4
Major Player
Member # 2886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2 X 4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now easy, folks. This is merely an on-line thread where we express our opinions. The fate of the known universe does not hinge on whether we prefer the Grateful Dead or Nitzer Ebb.

And actually, I agree. The Dead went WAY downhill starting in the second half of the 1970s and continued their decline right up through Jerry Garcia's demise in 1995. For too many people (including some of the band members themselves) it became about a party, a faddish scene, especially circa 1987 when "Touch of Grey" became such a huge hit for them. Also, several members (not only Garcia) had destructive substance abuse habits they were dealing with (for example, bassist Phil Lesh called the late-'70s through the mid-'80s "The Heineken Years"), and one band member in particular, rhythm guitarist and co-frontman Bob Weir, felt that the band's 1972-74 on-stage space odysseys had become too far out for most of the audience members and would go too far over the heads of any new fans whom they were trying to attract, and thus he took it on himself to limit the band's explorations, both in terms of scope and length.

In fact, if you'll listen to tapes from this period, it was usually Weir who would try to steer a jam back to earth, usually so he could do one of his songs, like "Sugar Magnolia," "One More Saturday Night," or "Around and Round." (Well, in his defense he also did have his own folk-jazz-fusion epic "Weather Report Suite" which, along with "Estimated Prophet," "Born Cross-Eyed," and "Victin Or the Crime," was one of the Dead's best tunes.) I find this to be telling, since Weir was actually let go of in mid-to-late 1968 because Garcia and Lesh (always the co-pilots of the band's exploratory and experimental ethos) felt he was holding them back musically, although in this case it was because of Weir's lack of confidence as a guitarist at that point.

Now as for the '80s Euro bands listed in this thread (Depeche Mode, Erasure, etc.), I've never been a big fan of them, or of hard rock/heavy metal. I prefer more explorational and experimental musics. But another person's tastes are cool with me.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right on 2X4, we are just fuckin' around. Vasduten is a cool dude. I hope he's not pissed at me. just some fun at nobody's expense!
Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenPHH
All Pro Poster
Member # 3398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenPHH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta side with CJ on "live after death" (scream for me long beach!!!!!)

But I'm a big fan of punk and hardcore, so my all time favorite is the Bad Brains "the youth are getting restless" live from Amsterdam.

And anything by Morrisey or the Smiths

--------------------
Our Site
Our Clip Store
Our Free Vids

Posts: 838 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2 X 4
Major Player
Member # 2886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2 X 4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I forgot to add Aretha Franklin's Amazing Grace album, which she recorded in 1972 at her father's church.
Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WallStreetBlues
Board Regular
Member # 3691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WallStreetBlues     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hendrix / Band of Gypsys..New Year's Eve '69 NYC

Stones / Get Yer YA YA's OUT

Clapton / EC WAS HERE

Rush / Exit Stage Left

The Rat Pack / Live at the SANDS

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2 X 4
Major Player
Member # 2886

Also, Jimmy Smith, Root Down (Live)
Nels Cline and Greg Bendian, Interstellar Space Revisited: The Music of John Coltrane
Breakestra, The Live Mix, Vols. I and II
Miles Davis, Live In Berlin, 1964

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links