Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Under-rated video games (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Under-rated video games
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody have a favorite video game that never got the attention it should've? Okay, let me re-phrase that a bit...are there any games you enjoy that, for whatever reason, always remained a "sleeper hit"? Practically all the games I like are under-rated, but some tend to fall off the radar completely, and that's pretty sad. You know, no sequels, no re-makes, no honorable mentions, nothing...

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I got out my PS1 and Intelligent Qube last night and played it. Granted it got one sequel (in Japan anyway), but for the kind of game it is...totally addicting puzzle action, nice graphics (they did the job anyway), and a wonderous soundtrack (easily one of the best, and sadly even I never think of it when I start thinking about great game soundtracks), it saddens me to think that for the most part, this work of video game art is forgotten by most people.

Anybody up for talking about video games that should've and could've been household names in the hobby, but for some reason never made it that far?

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrmustard   Email mrmustard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ActRaiser" on Snes.
"Legend of the Mystical Ninja" on Snes
"Beetle Adventure Racing" on N64
"Jet Force Gemini" on N64
"Fatal Frame II" on PS2
"Dark Cloud 2" on PS2
"Bionic Commando" on Nes
"Silent Bomber" on PS1
"Omega Boost" on PS1

These ones went almost unnoticed, here in Mexico, anyway...i´m sure i´ll remember more...

Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silent Bomber...is that the game where you play a guy who wears these huge pieces of armor on his forearms, and can bomb the hell out of anything and everything?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrmustard   Email mrmustard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, i think so... It had decent graphics, and a very intuitive control scheme. Very easy to pick up and get hooked on it. I discoveried it by chance, and could not put it down till i finished it. As i said, i don´t know if it was underrated everywhere, here in Mexico nobody gave a damn about it.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Beetle Adventure Racing kicked ASS.
No doubt, Beetle Battle was big fun.

I remeber one from the original NES, with a knight that hopped everywhere, and some levels went up some across, neat music, and a fun game.
I remember playing that thing 15 hrs a day for 3 days to beat it.

Also for the NES, Rygar was pretty kick ass.
Karnov was also good.

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

I think the nes game with the knight youre talking about could be "Wizards and Warriors, wich i loved and played it to death, also... i believe two sequels were made...
UFGT1989
Major Player
Member # 3385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UFGT1989   Email UFGT1989   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not sure of my favorite underrated game, but my favorite game would definitely be Star Wars Galaxies, does anybody else in this forum play it? It's an awesome game!
Posts: 100 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blast Corps. for N64, Wind Waker for Gamecube, Harvest Moon 64 (still the most addictive videogame ive ever played)
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fav on PS1 was "Kula World". Don`t know if it`s underrated but none of my friends played it or had even heard of it before.

The most underrated game ever on this planet is "Dino Eggs" on the C-64. Probably a game Lou would also enjoy. If somebody would make a Gameboy version of the game that person would be bound to become a trillionaire! [Wink]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay people, 3 words for you:

Super Dodge Ball

The game was for the NES and being I was a kid growing up playing dodgeball in school (before it was a mentally demeaning sport!?!?!?), I played the hell out of it over my cousin's. I bought it years ago when I found it. Not too common of a find.

- Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I am off my Super Dodge Ball post, let me look through my games here and see what I can find that isn't considered a "big game" that I enjoyed. Here we go:

• Luigi's Mansion (Cube)
• Home Run King (Cube)
• Swing Away Golf (PS2)
• Super Punch Out (SNES)
• Ghouls & Ghosts (Genesis)
• Sports Talk Baseball (Genesis)
• Samari Shodown 3 (PS1)
• Sherlock Holmes (Sega CD)
• Sewer Shark (Sega CD)
• Gyruss (NES)
• Spot: The Video Game (NES)
... and did I say Super Dodge Ball (NES)?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

This is getting to be a pretty big and interesting sounding list of games! Thanks for the replies so far everybody! [Thumbs Up]

Two more for the list, both Genesis titles:
The misAdventures of Flink
Tin Head

Both a sweet couple of action platformers with amazingly good graphics, nice soundtracks, and a real blast to play...but how many people know about 'em? [Confused]

Another game I would like to mention, though it did get quite a bit of hype back in the day when it was released, but then fell to the wayside all too soon only to be remembered by the shooter fans of the world, is (drumroll please) Lords of Thunder for the Turbo Duo/Turbo Grafx-16. It got re-released a few years later on the Sega CD, but the re-release missed the mark in several areas (another case of people trying to fix something when it wasn't broken to begin with). This is my #1 favorite game of all time (the Turbo original release), but how many people know about it?

Hal, you talking about a Gameboy version of Dino Eggs makes me think back on how I've been wishing Treasure would get the rights to the Lords of Thunder intellectual properties and do a sequel to it now. Treasure is the only company I'd feel safe with having anything to do with a Lords of Thunder sequel. Considering their track record with shooters as of late (Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, and Gradius V) they could kick some serious ass! I can daydream anyway...

So what is it about this Dino Eggs game that makes you think I'd like it? Is it a shooter? You know I've got a weakness for those kinda' games. [Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Karnov was also good.
You know Karnov has made a few more appearances since his own game? His first was in Bad Dudes as the boss of the first stage, but then a few years ago he was the final boss in a fighting game called Karnov's Revenge. He's an interesting enough character, and it would be cool to see him in another platformer. Sadly, Data East, the company responsible for the character (and quite a few other sweet games, like two of my personal faves Magical Drop II & III) has disappeared. Bankruptcy I think it was... Maybe another game company could snag the rights and do a nice sequel...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Harvest Moon 64 (still the most addictive videogame ive ever played)
What is Harvest Moon about? I've looked at the backs of the games at the stores, and it looked okay enough, but is it a game basically about raising a garden? Not that there's anything wrong with that concept, because I know Nintendo could make it fun, just curious...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Okay people, 3 words for you:

Super Dodge Ball

The game was for the NES and being I was a kid growing up playing dodgeball in school (before it was a mentally demeaning sport!?!?!?), I played the hell out of it over my cousin's. I bought it years ago when I found it. Not too common of a find.

- Patrick

Just out of curiosity Patrick, did you get River City Ransom as well? Unless I'm mistaken, those are the only two games released stateside by Technos themselves. They wound up letting other companies release their games after that, plus they were already farming out their titles when River City Ransom and Super Dodge Ball came out.

Have you ever got to play Super Dodge Ball on the Neo Geo? That was an ultra rare game to get too, as I understand it was released for arcade only. Of course you could play it at home if you could get the cart converted, or played through the !Arcade! Phantom-1 convertor, but scoring a MVS cart of it was hard as hell to do too. Makes me wonder why such a cool premise for a game, which has obviously held up for years and years, seems to get the "red-headed step-child" treatment by the companies that put it out? [Confused]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links