Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Under-rated video games (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Under-rated video games
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anybody familiar with the game P.N.03 on the GameCube? My friend picked it up brand new for $10 (plus tax) yesterday, and I got to give it a playing today. The controls take a lot of getting used to, but it seems like it's going to be a pretty sweet ride once I can get rolling with it. Anybody play it and care to give their opinions on it? [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
That same thinking, only by a different company (NEC Avenue) went into effect for the Turbo release of Vigilante. The Japanese cover had a close-up of the damsel in distress girl's face (I forget her name), with a male hand over her mouth, and a knife to her throat. Instead, we get some lame-o cover art that looked like a kid tried to draw an actual scene out of the game.

You mean these?

Japanese version
 -

US version
 -

[Mad]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, that's not the same cover I remember of the US release, but still, it illustrates the point!
[Mad]

Here's the American cover I remember. Sorry for the pic size, but this is the biggest one I could find...probably for good reason too.*lol*
 -

Thanks for the pics Bro. [Cool]

I know you don't keep up with these newer console games (I don't either really, I'm WAY behind the times all things considered), but have you seen the American cover art for Mobile Light Force 2? I'm gonna have to do some homework and find out the original Japanese name of the game, then see what their cover to it was. I'm telling you man, it seems like the company that released it over here should get fined for false advertising!

[ June 19, 2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Lou Gojira ]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Okay, about Mobile Light Force 2, here are some covers to illustrate the point of it being so bad...

Here is the original Japanese cover to the game Shikigami no Shiro II, which actually shows the in-game characters!

-

Here is the complete crap that passed for the cover to the U.S. release...

-

Just how in the hell do you get three girls, all different ethnicities, running around in tight leather firing guns from the first cover? I could see "Americanizing" the art of the original cover (if you simply MUST), but why change it so far? I just don't get it... [Confused]

And if you think we got a ridiculous cover, just look at the even worse cover for the PAL release... [Puke]

-

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here is the complete crap that passed for the cover to the U.S. release...

LOL, I can't honestly say I'm surprised, even as silly and irrelevant as that cover is. Charlie's Angels was a blockbuster hit in America back in 2000, and its sequel (Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle) was all set to drop into American movie theaters in June of 2003, less than three months after the official release of Mobile Light Force 2 onto the consumer market. So it was a valiant and incredibly transparent attempt to capitalize on the potential success of the movie by using the same imagery whether it had to do with the game or not. hehe Hardcore gamers might say it sucks, but hardcore businessmen might say it was their best hope to tap into the American consumer base. And as for that PAL cover, well, let's just say somebody's still hung up on Go-Bots & The Transformers.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

[Laugh] Transformers or Go-Bots? That's a compliment! I was thinking more like Rock Lords or something similarly lame. [Big Grin]

Another under-rated game to add to the list:
Wario World

Nintendo and Treasure teamed up for this masterpiece. If you own a GameCube and this game isn't in your collection...by all means get out and buy it! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
[Laugh] Transformers or Go-Bots? That's a compliment! I was thinking more like Rock Lords or something similarly lame. [Big Grin]

Oh no doubt, I loved The Transformers & Go-Bots myself as a kid, but when their image is being conjured up 20 years after their popularity has waned in order to peddle a game that has nothing to do with them, a man begins asking himself certain questions. LOL... By the way, I would've completely forgotten that the Rock Lords even existed if you hadn't just mentioned them. While we're strolling down memory lane, remember this one?

-

A feature-length film pitting the Go-Bots against the Rock Lords for the ultimate battle, and no doubt the highlight of Margot Kidder's career.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
A feature-length film pitting the Go-Bots against the Rock Lords for the ultimate battle, and no doubt the highlight of Margot Kidder's career.
Margot Kidder did a voice in that? I remember sitting through the movie once when Showtime airred it many many moons ago with my cousin, who actually hated himself enough to go out and buy a couple of those toys. Didn't Telly Savalis do the voice of the leader of the bad Rock Lords? Magma or something like that?

The Go-Bots themselves were okay enough, toy-wise anyway with the die-cast parts (whereas the Transformers used plastic too often), but Hanna-Barberra had no business at all trying to do a robot cartoon. At least Hasbro was smart enough to go through Toei Doga for the Transformers cartoon, getting Japanese work on the show, since the Japanese had already been doing many fine robot cartoons for decades by that point and had the years of experience. Hanna-Barberra? Come on...all they were ever good for was Scooby Doo when the transforming robots craze hit America. [Big Grin]

Back on topic, another under-rated game on the Genesis (Mega Drive) that I think should've got WAY more attention than it did during its hey-day:
M.U.S.H.A.
Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor

Otherwise known as Aleste for the purists.

It's a shame that Compile practically abandoned that series after Puyo Puyo became their big money-maker because they really had potential gold here, IMO. We got Robo Aleste a little later on for the Sega CD (also known as Nobunaga's Ninja Force) which was good too, but still didn't have the magic that the first game did and hardly utilized any of the CD capabilities. Then there was a very PISS-POOR Aleste for the Super Famicom (which, thankfully, never left Japan), and from what I understand a pretty decent Aleste installment on the PC Engine/Turbo CD (which I have yet to play [Cry] ).

CJ, I know you're bound to have the ROM of M.U.S.H.A./Aleste. Fire that sucker up and tell me that that game is a damn fine example of good gaming! In fact, really listen to the music on that first stage. This may sound crazy, but do you think you could do an instrumental of that music? [Smile]

-
The cover we saw...

Check out these screenshots. Awesome stuff! [Thumbs Up]
 -
 -
 -

[ June 22, 2005, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Lou Gojira ]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Margot Kidder did a voice in that?

Yes indeed, she was the voice of Solitaire. You picked up on Telly Savalas doing Magmar, but did you also know that the voice of Nuggit was provided by none other than Roddy McDowall!

quote:
CJ, I know you're bound to have the ROM of M.U.S.H.A./Aleste. Fire that sucker up and tell me that that game is a damn fine example of good gaming! In fact, really listen to the music on that first stage. This may sound crazy, but do you think you could do an instrumental of that music? [Smile]

I'll definitely check that game (and its music) out later when I get a little free time to noodle. I've heard of it before but never quite got around to firing it up for one reason or another. So many roms, so little time!

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Okay, cool, I kept thinking Roddy McDowell did a voice in there too, but I wasn't quite sure. While we're talking about voice actors, didn't Leonard Nimoy do the voice of Unicron in the Transformers movie?

And yes Bro, do be sure to fire that ROM up! Just wait until you see stage 3, flying over a ravine filled with lava...your jaw will drop! That game was so far ahead of it's time...

Another under-rated game that got a cult following of sorts, but more detractors than anything is Ai Cho Aniki. Sure, the game oozed homosexual innuendo, but who cares? The graphics were awesome, the soundtrack unique and catchy, and the last boss makes up for any gayness you endure getting to her! Check out these screens...

-
Adon and Samson, when they're not out destroying things...

-
Here Adon is ready to fight the boss of the asteroid field...

-
The yummy (and barefoot!) Benten, who will drop you some power-ups...I called her Rann for a long time, don't know why...

-
Adon flying through some trippy flower field...

-
Here she is, the sexy and gigantic dominatrix last boss! This chick has some powerful moves!

If you're secure in your manhood, hunt this game down and play it. It is a blast! [Thumbs Up]

All these shots are hosted here. Great write-up on the series too!
http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/choaniki/choaniki.htm

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
While we're talking about voice actors, didn't Leonard Nimoy do the voice of Unicron in the Transformers movie?

Actually, Unicron's voice was provided by Orson Welles! I always thought that was really cool. You must've been thinking of Galvatron, whose voice was indeed provided by Nimoy. Other celebrity voices in that film included Judd Nelson, Casey Kasem, Scatman Crothers and Eric Idle.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Lilith Astaroth
Board Regular
Member # 7939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilith Astaroth   Author's Homepage   Email Lilith Astaroth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for NES "Clash at Demonhead"
really awesome game where your char gets all kindsa power ups like super-speed boots, and over the shoulder tanks that allow you to fly across the whole zone.. its a pretty long adventure too, took me a good couple of months to complete the whole game. Whenver talking to friends about NES games I'd always mention that one and get blank looks and "nah never heard of that one." So sad! hehe

--------------------
~Lilith~
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/acamstar

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrmustard   Email mrmustard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Golgo 13, published, like "Clash at Demonhead", by Vic Tokai, if i remember well?
Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Lilith Astaroth:
for NES "Clash at Demonhead"
really awesome game where your char gets all kindsa power ups like super-speed boots, and over the shoulder tanks that allow you to fly across the whole zone.. its a pretty long adventure too, took me a good couple of months to complete the whole game. Whenver talking to friends about NES games I'd always mention that one and get blank looks and "nah never heard of that one." So sad! hehe

I've heard the name, but I never played it. Was it a turn-based RPG like the Dragon Warrior series?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by mrmustard:
How about Golgo 13, published, like "Clash at Demonhead", by Vic Tokai, if i remember well?

Golgo 13? Now that game was cool! I never owned it myself, sadly, but my cousin somehow seemed to get it lent to him by somebody he knew pretty often, so we sat and played it a lot together. I don't think I ever saw the end of the game, but I'll never forget the sniping missions, seeing the spray of red pixels out of your target's head...and when Duke Togo got laid, his health meter filling back up...*lol* I have to wonder how Nintendo of America let that game slide with their seal of approval, being as the content got racey like that. I understand that there was a trick you could do on it where Duke would stop and light up a cigarette, then stand and smoke it. I never got him to do that myself...

Playing that game got me interested in Golgo 13, and when some of the manga got brought over and translated, I dove on those books and bought them up! Duke Togo, while being an interesting character, is really an unlikeable character at the same time. At the time I originally read the comics, I didn't catch exactly how self-serving he is...motivated purely by money and personal gain. He somehow got compared to James Bond when those comics were coming out, but in all honesty, he made James Bond look like a choir boy! [Laugh]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links