Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Something scary (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Something scary
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ghost:
i have to admit i have this crazy obsession with michael myers. i think he is the greatest character ever made. just something about him and the halloween theme song that i love.

Oh yeah, John Carpenter definitely cashed in with that little ditty. I agree with you about Halloween, which still IMO remains the pinnacle of the stalker sub-genre. That plain white expressionless face on Michael's mask does a beautiful job of conveying all sorts of contrasts as he commits heinous atrocities with a stoic countenance of a tranquil and almost innocent nature. Irony abounds. While Michael lacks the colorful caricature of a Freddy or Jason, he more than makes up for it with mystique and intrigue. Plus I've always found him to be among the more realistic of the horror stars, and that automatically makes him scarier to me.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam X
The Legend
Member # 2872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam X   Email Adam X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ghost:
i am a huge fan of horro movies but till this day i have yet to see one that will scare me. the reason being i sbecause u know none of them will ever happen in real life. the ones that they make that are based on real life facts come out looking stupid so they dont scareme either. i guess they are gonna have to do something really good that can really happen fo rme to get a scare. until then i love them but they dont scare me. i have to admit i have this crazy obsession with michael myers. i think he is the greatest character ever made. just something about him and the halloween theme song that i love. i hope he never dies!

Leatherface was actually based on Ed Gein, As for Myers while I like him Jason has always been my favorite slasher.

I love the littles things he does like giving the head tilt when something confuses him. Plus that mask is pretty boss.

--------------------
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Posts: 2809 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaizer
Board Regular
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaizer   Email Kaizer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys you should definately check out a korean film that i think has already been mentioned in this thread. Its called a tale of two sisters, a fantastic film really well directed. I would have to say its probably the most original and scary film I have seen in recent years and i have seen a lot. Thanks [Bow Down]
Posts: 35 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adam X:
I love the littles things he does like giving the head tilt when something confuses him. Plus that mask is pretty boss.

I realize that Adam was referring to Jason with that comment, but you could say the same thing about Michael as well. He too does that head tilt to convey confusion, sympathy, curiosity, and general intrigue. Plus his mask is pretty damn boss too, especially when you factor in that it was just a William Shatner mask painted white. Somehow he totally made it work! Don't get me wrong, I love Jason too and he's long been my #2 favorite slasher right after Michael, with Freddy following closely behind in my #3 slot.

-

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to second event horizon....i really liked frailty too

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to see a low-budget horror movie from 1973 called "Let's Play Dead" for the home video release, but was originally called "Schoolgirls in Chains" when it was originally at the drive-in's back in the day. This movie has another alias which is "Abducted" for the Australian home video release.

No serial killers, no blood and gore, just some damn good cinematography for the scenes, and some exceptionally good acting considering the movie's low-budget.

Picture two brothers, one mentally tortured and the other mentally retarded, and they go about kidnapping young sexy girls to keep as "pets" in the cellar of their house. All the while their mother sits in the attic and barks orders at the guys, constantly reminding them that "young pretty girls are evil". Okay, so the plot isn't Earth-shattering, but the execution is where this movie shines. I won't give away anything, but I will say this: I saw it last weekend for the first time, and since then I haven't been able to get it out of my head. This movie really rattled me, and if you've seen it you may know why.

But honestly, the bigger reason I can't get it out of my head is one of the girls in the cellar. I don't know the actress' name, but she's quickly become a dreamgirl for me. Her character's name is Ginger, and poor, will-broken Ginger goes barefoot through the whole movie...she's such a pitiful, helpless girl that the sadistic side of me likes to see her in peril, but the chivalry in me wants to murder these two nut-case brothers. If anybody knows her real name, I will be your best friend for the rest of your life if you can clue me in...

The final girl kidnapped (not Ginger, this girl was banging her psychology professor back at college, and this girl fights back) gets barefoot eventually, and there's even a scene where she plays leap frog with the retarded brother, crouched down topless and barefoot as the imbecile keeps hopping over her...dirty bare soles and topless...I kinda' wished I was the guy who got to play the retard when the scene was filmed!

Anyways, this movie is highly recommended! If you haven't seen it, go hunt it down! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adam i love it when a guy says boss...ive been telling that to the businessmen who come into my work for coffee in the morning wearing brand new de la renta suits (you look boss) they tend to tip like one afterwards lol

also a question...does your screenname happen to pay any homage to the DJ? i believe if this former raver brain of mind recalls correctly he was either frankie bones or someone elses brother....i saw him at several parties back in the 90s...excellent sets!

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam X
The Legend
Member # 2872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam X   Email Adam X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off thanks and I'm glad you stuck around.

The name is something I've taken to using at different forums. It was going to be my stagename if I ever followed that crazy dream of being a pro wrestler.

That and X is my favorite letter. [Smile]

--------------------
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Posts: 2809 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Adam X:
That and X is my favorite letter.

I'm particularly fond of the letter X when it appears in triplicate.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New flick coming out, "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose" looks good and creepy. I tend to appreciate movies that are more cerebral in their scares. I enjoy a good slasher flick as much as the next guy, but The Exorcist, The Changeling, The Ring and yes I'm gonna say it; Blair Witch, are more to my liking. Movies that scare you on a much deeper level than just a jump in your seat and scream reaction.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by IAmSpartachris:
I enjoy a good slasher flick as much as the next guy, but The Exorcist, The Changeling, The Ring and yes I'm gonna say it; Blair Witch, are more to my liking. Movies that scare you on a much deeper level than just a jump in your seat and scream reaction.

I couldn't agree more, Chris. I admit that I love slasher films from the 1970s & early 1980s, but it's always been the psychological element of horror films that attracted me to them, whether they were slasher flicks or the more surreal types of tales that used horror and the base primal instinct of fear to probe the human psyche and delve into the things that we don't know or don't understand (a la The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, One Step Beyond, etc).

Incidentally, I also enjoyed Blair Witch Project a great deal. After having seen it, I actually went back to the theater the very next night to see it again so I could take everything in and add my knowledge of what I saw the night before as it unfolded the second time. The overwhelming majority of those who were in my movie theater were clearly pissed off both during and after the completion of the film because it offered them nothing in the way of the cheap scare tactics and special effects that they were hoping for. I on the other hand found the film to be most effective. I still give it two thumbs up.

[Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links