Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » what is the last book you read? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: what is the last book you read?
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to read and am always looking for good books that others recommend. So I decided to start this topic because I have the feeling there are some well read folks that frequent this forum.

The last book I read was the memior "A heart breaking work of staggering genius" by Dave Eggers. I give it an A

Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to always have a book or two on the go...but here lately it seems like I'm slacking in finishing any of them.

The last book I actually finished, and this was a little while back, is Clive Barker's In the Flesh. I'm sorry if anybody here is a Clive Barker fan, but this guy is entirely too over-rated in my opinion. These short stories would start off with all kinds of potential, and then they'd just fall apart and fizzle out in the end.

Before that I read a book called The Funhouse by Owen West, and that one had the same problems. Started with all sorts of potential, had cool characters (though some were a little too stereotypical), but the end read like somebody was standing over Mr. West's shoulder, clearing their throat, and saying they needed the book to be finished yesterday.

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really terrible at finishing most anything I start. The last thing I was reading was "Hitler's Henchmen" by Guido Knopp.

My wife is my opposite. She usually reads a book a week and a variety of genres and authors. History, fantasy, science fiction, mystery, classic literature, etc. She's currently reading "Stalingrad" by Anthony Beevore.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished reading Excavation by James Rollins, and before that, I had read Map of Bones and Subterranean by the same guy. Currently reading Deep Fathom by Rollins. I dunno, I just like the way the dude writes for some reason, and this is funny considering the first book of his I owned, Map of Bones, I had found it on the ground at a parking garage at work. And if it counts, I've been reading the Rurouni Kenshin manga series by Nobuhiro Watsuki.

At the same time, I'm busy writing my own book, but I'm taking a little break just so I can refresh myself a bit. I'd been writing at breakneck speed for about a month after I'd been suffering from writer's block for years, but now, I know where I want to go and I'll keep plowing forward until I finish. Then I'll do the necessary editing and revising. Often times before, I'd find myself completely starting over after a certain spot and that's what kept me in such a creative impasse. Not this time. I think ultimately I'm actually writing for myself, but maybe if I get lucky and find someone willing to publish, who knows what may happen. That's my ultimate dream there, is to get this book (and hopefully, series) published at some point of my life.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikeyagogo
Board Regular
Member # 22899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeyagogo   Email mikeyagogo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read a lot of books lately just a lot of ART..TATTOO..GRAFFITI..HOT ROD AND KUSTOMS..SKATEBOARDING AND MUSIC magazines.

And I'm guilty of flipping through tabloids looking for feet!

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wing-Washer
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wing-Washer   Email Wing-Washer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Margery Kempe and Her World (for my history class)

Last book I enjoyed: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - I'm not ashamed to admit it.

--------------------
When you go home tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today.
-John Maxwell Edmonds

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahahahaha [Laugh] This is funny to me coz I don't read and I won't be participating in this thread except for this post here... It's hard enough for me to try to finish an entire news article let alone a book... I have no problem with reading in general, it's just my attention span is as wide as a shoe lace [Tongue]

Hmmmmm now let me think [Eek!] ... "WEST SIDE STORY" way back for school/english studies [Wink]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Footlong! Fellow non-reader *high-five* I had a feeling you would be with the attention span that doesn't let you get thru the long long posts!

Books are impossible for me to read, I feel like they're no longer relevant in the fast-paced world we live in.

Now that's to say that I think we still need to grasp knowledge out of books, but we need a way to do it that is still relevent with today's society,, and no, I'm not talking about ebooks!

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A&F_FootDude_05:
I feel like they're no longer relevant in the fast-paced world we live in.

blasphemy!!!! [Eek!]

of mice and men by john steinbeck was the last

Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot-Clan Ninja
Elite Trooper
Member # 25128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot-Clan Ninja   Email Foot-Clan Ninja   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i read spawn every month
Posts: 426 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Truman" by DAVID McCULLOCH

_fjb_

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the latest Harry Potter.

Reading "Love all the People" at the moment...a collection of letters and lyrics by the genius comedian Bill Hicks.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to finish today a leadership book called "It's called work for a reason" by Larry Winget.

Pretty good straightfoward outlook at work. Here is a quote that I like from it.

"It's not the hours you put into wotk, but the work you put into the hours"

Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over half way through "The Pelican Brief" by John Grisham...great book so far..aside from having Julia Roberts in the movie I think it wont be that bad of a movie.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deeparchlover
All Pro Poster
Member # 7021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deeparchlover   Author's Homepage   Email deeparchlover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently finished reading "Mr. Untouchable" by Leroy 'Nicky' Barnes, "Burning Down My Masters House" by Jayson Blair, and "Confessions of a Video Vixen" by Karrine Steffans. You may laugh at the last one but Karrine has some nasty but true stories like the time she sucked Irv Gotti's dick so she would not get kicked off a video shoot.

--------------------
Every arch has its ups and downs.

check out link for candid feet clips.
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/7005

Posts: 572 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links