Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » what is the last book you read? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: what is the last book you read?
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.

Published in 1957, it is almost prophetic as regards the "Progressive" approach to economics and trade and what is currently happening to our economy.

I'd call it a "must read". Not an easy read but certainly well worth it.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started "George Carlin - Last Words". So far it reads just like he was doing his autobiography on stage. The same great wit and prophetic insights. [Joint]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm kinda in the middle of a couple right now.

enders shadow - orson scott card
bourne identity - robert ludlum
the gate house - nelson demille
the wednesday letters - robert wright

just finished up the first 2 of the dayworld series by phillip jose farmer and keeping faith and perfect match by jodi picoult.

yeah, i do read alot.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Demon Haunted World - Carl Sagan
such an influential book!! awesome read.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
quote:
I agree. That's such an important book. I wish it was required reading everywhere.

Loaned it to a friend who, when close to rationality, had a world-view that included every conspiracy theory and alien abduction. Sadly, he never read it or returned it. I've got to get it again for a re-read.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the tracy morgan book

tracy is the funniest dude on the planet

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catsman
Hall Of Famer
Member # 10269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catsman   Email catsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shutter Island by Dennis LaHane

--------------------
My girls feet in my face….ahhhhhhhh !

Posts: 2367 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
quote:
I agree. That's such an important book. I wish it was required reading everywhere.

Loaned it to a friend who, when close to rationality, had a world-view that included every conspiracy theory and alien abduction. Sadly, he never read it or returned it. I've got to get it again for a re-read.

lol. He must be on the forums at abovetopsecret.com

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

quote:
Shutter Island by Dennis LaHane
awesome book! did you see there is a movie coming out based on it. it actually stars leonardo dicaprio and looks pretty intense. he's a great writer.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been reading quite a few graphics novels lately.

Three political ones I really liked were:

- "Stuck Rubber Baby" by Howard Cruse

- "Maus" by Art Spiegelman

- "Persepolis" by Marjane Satrapi
(This was also made into an amazing movie ==> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808417)

-Hal-

-

-

-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Still) The Terror by Dan Simmons

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foot_sniffer
Major Player
Member # 36272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_sniffer   Email foot_sniffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Separation of Power by Vince Flynn. A review in two words: Bad ass.
Posts: 177 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The House of Gentle Men - Kathy Hepinstall

A trashy summer read lol, but good fun nonetheless.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Michael Crichton's "State of Fear". A very good perspective on the Global Warming hoax; intensively researched (the citations at the back of the book are more than impressive) and just a plain good read. It was his last book.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Reclaiming the Sky: 9/11 And The Untld Story of the Men and Women Who Kept America Flying". Have to read it for my class but ended up liking it. Great book about the lives of people during 9/11.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links