Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » what is the last book you read? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: what is the last book you read?
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cover to Cover: God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AceCorr
Hall Of Famer
Member # 37554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceCorr   Email AceCorr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankenstein Part 3 by Dean Koontz. I didn't like it.
Posts: 1191 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Diabolicus:

Nice!

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Great signature, Diabolicus. That song is one my favourite Mastodon tunes -- I love how Josh Homme's backing vocals give it that eerie QOTSA vibe..

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got Fight by Forrest Griffen. Fuck that guy's a funny bastard!

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way in shit Forrest wrote the book [Tongue]

As for me I just finished up "Freakonomics" by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.

It asks such random questions such as "Why do drug dealers still live with their mom?"

And "How is the Ku Klux Klan like Real Estate Agents".

But one of the authors is an economist and the other an author and they combine their expertise to prove each question using economics. I highly recommend it.

I think National would get a great kick out of it. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShortLivedTyranny
Hall Of Famer
Member # 36627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShortLivedTyranny   Author's Homepage   Email ShortLivedTyranny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last book I read was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
It's a fun little book. I feel they really did a good job at working the zombies into the plot of the story. [Smile]

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the wasp factory - ian banks

I'm about halfway through but I've read a few of his other books and though they are a bit... different, they're fantastic in a dark, kinky, perverted way haha.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vanderfeet:
quote:
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Great signature, Diabolicus. That song is one my favourite Mastodon tunes -- I love how Josh Homme's backing vocals give it that eerie QOTSA vibe..
Right on a Mastodon fan. However, this excerpt of lyrics is not actually from the song that Josh Homme appears in, which is Colony of Birchmen. This is the song directly before it on the album. Oh, and if you ever get the chance check out QOTSA in concert, they are awesome.

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Right on a Mastodon fan. However, this excerpt of lyrics is not actually from the song that Josh Homme appears in, which is Colony of Birchmen. This is the song directly before it on the album. Oh, and if you ever get the chance check out QOTSA in concert, they are awesome.
Right! Silly mistake. Great album in its entirety, anyway.

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

quote:
Originally posted by ShortLivedTyranny:
It's a fun little book. I feel they really did a good job at working the zombies into the plot of the story. [Smile]

I think Natalie Portman just bought the rights to do a film adaptation of that book. A friend of mine is reading that right now...I think it's a delightfully clever idea.

--------------------
vf

Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

quote:
Originally posted by diamond johny:
quote:

Nice!
Indeed. Next up to bat is The God Delusion (Richard Dawkins), then The Devil's Chaplain (Also Dawkins)

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by diamond johny:
quote:

Nice!
Indeed. Next up to bat is The God Delusion (Richard Dawkins), then The Devil's Chaplain (Also Dawkins)
GD is a great one. Dawkins doesn't hold back.

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Yup, I'm enjoying it so far.

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

ShortLivedTyranny
Hall Of Famer
Member # 36627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShortLivedTyranny   Author's Homepage   Email ShortLivedTyranny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShortLivedTyranny:

I think Natalie Portman just bought the rights to do a film adaptation of that book. A friend of mine is reading that right now...I think it's a delightfully clever idea.
As I was reading it I was thinking that it would be an awesome idea to make a movie from it. Thanks for the heads up! that's exciting news. [Smile]
Posts: 1039 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links