Foot Fetish Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » where is National's "alpha male" thread? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: where is National's "alpha male" thread?
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT?! I copied from somebody and not tell anyone where it originally came from? Oh, shit! Oops, my bad!

The idea behind this whole thing was to provide snippets of how to be headstrong in different assets of life, not just entertaining the ladies. Even though the original post was about entertaining women, the aspect that the naysayers did not take into account was that being an artist in enchanting a Venusian (or a group of them) can also lead into having a greater chance of leading a better lifestyle overall, just like Vanderfeet said about believing in yourself, staying fit and having respect for others.

But again, this leads back to the ladies because everything you do in life is meant so that women cannot be repulsed by your presence and persona. Everything from brushing your teeth to maintaining a job or career. Practically anyone can maintain all of these. But where the alpha exceeds is in the "More Attractive to the Females" department. Alphas get more of them and these women tend to be hotter.

Don't confuse this as guide of how to become a jerk and become quite condescending towards women or other men who are a part of your circle. (Ok, being a bit of a jerk can work to some advantage. Besides, that's where the saying "nice guys finish last" comes into play, but being an Alpha is not about being a *complete* jerk or some dictator.) A huge misunderstanding of what an Alpha is is someone who puts down other people just to embarrass or to show off the other person. To me, that's the definition of what a bully is. Alphas are more calm, cool, and collected than Betas and Omegas. The characteristics of an Alpha are the same as those that championship-caliber teams portray and bring forth: Commitment, courage, discipline, luck, strength, perseverance, ingenuity, and I'm pretty sure there are other traits I'm missing. A combination of all those traits is what makes one very successful. Those who can't comprehend the appeal or mystique must be those who lack a multiple of those traits. Look at all the qualities I mentioned before. How many losing teams and unsuccessful people possess all of these traits. Don't worry, I've got all night.

And yes, EVERYTHING I just said was copied and pasted. ...Just joking. But to finish off, I'll repeat what GQ said:

quote:
Originally posted by GQguy:

Sort of off topic but has anyone realized that there is a small minority of men that hookup with the majority of women? It is the alpha types that comprise that minority. So when it relates to our foot fetish which is intertwined with hooking up it is in our best interest to be that alpha minority.

The above statement might be a little hard for some to take if they're in the majority. But then ask yourself....why stay there?

GQguy

Because they don't want to be involved with drama. Drama is nauseating. But drama involves taking risks and being a bit bold and trying a different approach to being more successful with the Lovelies from Venus. But drama is natural, everyone will come to some point where they will put on their own brakes. Like GQ pointed out in the original post I deleted, it's topics like these that can be more resourceful as opposed to the "How to get girls to show their feet" and the "Camera Phone" topic where some guy asked which camera phone he should by to take HQ photos of women's feet.

The advice I wanted to display was to seek new endeavors.

--National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael P:
you just won't have the quality of life of a more alpha guy

Well that's a matter of opinion (that the life of an "alpha" is of a better quality). There are equally-weighted negative aspects; if there's some trouble, the "alpha" is the one people all turn to - he has to sort it all out and the (possible) greater ability of others to do so is overlooked thus resulting in a decision that could be flawed and therefore the blame goes to the "alpha".

quote:
if you're following a friend around a club like a lost puppy, more than likely he'll be the guy that gets laid over you, the guy running the business will make more money than an employee of the business, the leader of a sports team gets the most credit and glory when the team wins even though someone else might have hit the winning shot, scored the winning goal etc
I agree.

quote:
a true alpha isn't insecure around women, he wouldn't be an alpha if he was, you seem to think that all alphas are putting on an act probably because they make you feel uncomfortable
Why would "alphas" make me feel uncomfortable? I've said I don't know if I do it naturally or what, but I am begrudgingly the one everyone goes to for advice: I'm the one asked to organise things, I'm the one who everyone seems to tell their secrets to...I never really got why tbh.

And about girls - putting aside our opinions about my relationship: I've always been good at talking to girls. I think it's probably growing up with a heavily female family probably that gave me this ability. (I grew up with my sister and 2 cousins all of whom are girls).

quote:
alphas are real with people, betas aren't and most people don't like it when people are real, they want to hear only what they want to hear
That one is a bit too far a leap for me to see where you're coming from...just because they make contradictory statements does not make them "alpha" and similarly just because they agree with the trend, why does that make them "betas"?

quote:
everybody has thoughts, views, or opinions that can ruffle feathers, the betas keep their opinions to themselves because they fear other peoples reactions and care too much about what other people think

the alpha doesn't give a fuck

To be honest...people like that appear to be the idiots of the group. I'll give a simple example: from the definition you have given and supporting evidence presented, a member of the BNP (British Nationalist Party - an extreme right-wing political group who are quoted as saying "boats filled with immigrants should be sunk to the bottom of the ocean" and other such remarks) is a true “alpha”. Now they are very loud and brazen with their policies; they have very enthusiastic supporters, they've recently been elected into the EP; they're pretty good orators. I'll guesstimate that 80% of Britain think they're a joke. Their policies are very contradictory (as you seem to say you need to be "alpha") and yet, people consider them idiots due to their policies. Why haven't they been embraced? As they fit every category you're trying to tell me an "alpha" is...

quote:
as for not being alpha because you follow the alpha advice, that doesn't make sense
It wasn't advice that was given - it was a full guide to being somebody else...advice is a quick one line like: "Take charge of the situation!" Not specific, detailed steps you have to follow. And it does make sense; what doesn’t make sense is the contradiction in your “bible” I have presented to you: “alphas” make decisions and sort everyone else out…and according to you, you need to completely change yourself to what someone else deems to be “alpha” so you can never even truly be an “alpha”. By your way of seeing things, you’re essentially a “beta” who puts up a front of being an “alpha”. It’s a total act.

quote:
smart people follow good advice and insight and are willing to learn,
Yes.

quote:

dumb people live by the motto "just be yourself" even when being themselves hasn't been working for them

You raised an interesting point there in the line, “when being themselves hasn’t been working for them.” So you admit that it’s socially inept people that have to follow these guides to make any kind of difference? Personally, being me has worked out; I’m popular, trusted and get on well meeting new people…so I’m dumb for not needing this advice? How if my life is going well?

quote:
show me one great person in history that didn't have some sort of guidance somewhere along the way, nobody is born with everything figured out and nobody gets to the top by themselves
That’s not what I was saying; you either misunderstood or you’re twisting words again to undermine the argument I put forth (benefit of the doubt says you didn’t understand). I’m saying this is a guide to making yourself another person therefore it is ALL an act. Behind closed doors you’re a different guy and people will be able to work this out.

This one is a bit random, but I’d say an admirable personality trait that gets you noticed is being able to laugh at yourself…if you follow this guide and “be alpha”…then you can’t do this. It goes against the “rules” of being “alpha” and this is one trait that you can’t predict when it will arise. People make an off-comment about an “alpha” and the “alpha” will try and come back at that person with an insult. You’ve proven this from time-to-time and it gets a bit pathetic and people notice that…

[ July 20, 2009, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vanderfeet:
i don't quite understand this "alpha male" fixation, at least in the way it's being presented in this forum.

it seems to me that if one desires to achieve greatness, then there are certain things that need to be continuously improved upon and maintained: intelligence (ensuring one is well-read and well-educated), physical fitness/health, self-confidence, ethics, etc.

it may well be that if one concentrates on those areas, then one might emerge as an "alpha". but by reducing the concept of an alpha to simply "being a leader", or being someone who "doesn't give a fuck" in voicing their opinions, or being the "one guy at the top of a business, social circle, or clique", then you aren't really considering what makes someone a particularly effective or good leader, or even a healthy individual.

i've had many groups of friends over the years, and i've known many guys who definitely liked to take control of our social situations. not all of them are presently successful. one actually drank himself to death before he hit 25. simply because someone has the self-confidence to "lead" in a group setting, doesn't mean he will rise to the top of his business or be the most successful at what he chooses to do with his life. and if he does rise to the top, he still might fail spectacularly if he is a dense, inconsiderate twat. we all know that there are some very poor "leaders" out there.

it seems to me that being an alpha male, or a leader, shouldn't be the be-all and end-all of someone's aspirations. it's placing the end before the means, which causes desperate people to seek out self-help "gurus" who hand out common sense tricks -- easy answers -- to their followers. so, some hack told you to be the first to enter a restaurant, and now some skank is interested in a second date. does that mean you're the next donald trump? not if you're a dumb shit, it doesn't!

point being, concentrate on the means, not the end. being the guy at the top of a clique or a business does not alone mean that you are going to be effective or well-liked. cultivate self-discipline. build upon your intelligence. study, study, study. stay fit and motivated. believe in yourself. have a respect for ethics. and never stop these things. the rest will take care of itself.

i agree with everything you said

i don't have time to write a book on this forum [Smile]

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:

Well that's a matter of opinion (that the life of an "alpha" is of a better quality). There are equally-weighted negative aspects; if there's some trouble, the "alpha" is the one people all turn to - he has to sort it all out and the (possible) greater ability of others to do so is overlooked thus resulting in a decision that could be flawed and therefore the blame goes to the "alpha".

quote:
if you're following a friend around a club like a lost puppy, more than likely he'll be the guy that gets laid over you, the guy running the business will make more money than an employee of the business, the leader of a sports team gets the most credit and glory when the team wins even though someone else might have hit the winning shot, scored the winning goal etc
I agree.

quote:
a true alpha isn't insecure around women, he wouldn't be an alpha if he was, you seem to think that all alphas are putting on an act probably because they make you feel uncomfortable
Why would "alphas" make me feel uncomfortable? I've said I don't know if I do it naturally or what, but I am begrudgingly the one everyone goes to for advice: I'm the one asked to organise things, I'm the one who everyone seems to tell their secrets to...I never really got why tbh.

And about girls - putting aside our opinions about my relationship: I've always been good at talking to girls. I think it's probably growing up with a heavily female family probably that gave me this ability. (I grew up with my sister and 2 cousins all of whom are girls).

quote:
alphas are real with people, betas aren't and most people don't like it when people are real, they want to hear only what they want to hear
That one is a bit too far a leap for me to see where you're coming from...just because they make contradictory statements does not make them "alpha" and similarly just because they agree with the trend, why does that make them "betas"?

quote:
everybody has thoughts, views, or opinions that can ruffle feathers, the betas keep their opinions to themselves because they fear other peoples reactions and care too much about what other people think

To be honest...people like that appear to be the idiots of the group. I'll give a simple example: from the definition you have given and supporting evidence presented, a member of the BNP (British Nationalist Party - an extreme right-wing political group who are quoted as saying "boats filled with immigrants should be sunk to the bottom of the ocean" and other such remarks) is a true “alpha”. Now they are very loud and brazen with their policies; they have very enthusiastic supporters, they've recently been elected into the EP; they're pretty good orators. I'll guesstimate that 80% of Britain think they're a joke. Their policies are very contradictory (as you seem to say you need to be "alpha") and yet, people consider them idiots due to their policies. Why haven't they been embraced? As they fit every category you're trying to tell me an "alpha" is...

quote:
as for not being alpha because you follow the alpha advice, that doesn't make sense
It wasn't advice that was given - it was a full guide to being somebody else...advice is a quick one line like: "Take charge of the situation!" Not specific, detailed steps you have to follow. And it does make sense; what doesn’t make sense is the contradiction in your “bible” I have presented to you: “alphas” make decisions and sort everyone else out…and according to you, you need to completely change yourself to what someone else deems to be “alpha” so you can never even truly be an “alpha”. By your way of seeing things, you’re essentially a “beta” who puts up a front of being an “alpha”. It’s a total act.

quote:
Yes.

quote:

dumb people live by the motto "just be yourself" even when being themselves hasn't been working for them

You raised an interesting point there in the line, “when being themselves hasn’t been working for them.” So you admit that it’s socially inept people that have to follow these guides to make any kind of difference? Personally, being me has worked out; I’m popular, trusted and get on well meeting new people…so I’m dumb for not needing this advice? How if my life is going well?

quote:
show me one great person in history that didn't have some sort of guidance somewhere along the way, nobody is born with everything figured out and nobody gets to the top by themselves
That’s not what I was saying; you either misunderstood or you’re twisting words again to undermine the argument I put forth (benefit of the doubt says you didn’t understand). I’m saying this is a guide to making yourself another person therefore it is ALL an act. Behind closed doors you’re a different guy and people will be able to work this out.

This one is a bit random, but I’d say an admirable personality trait that gets you noticed is being able to laugh at yourself…if you follow this guide and “be alpha”…then you can’t do this. It goes against the “rules” of being “alpha” and this is one trait that you can’t predict when it will arise. People make an off-comment about an “alpha” and the “alpha” will try and come back at that person with an insult. You’ve proven this from time-to-time and it gets a bit pathetic and people notice that…

you'll never understand this

nuff said

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

quote:
I agree.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Yes.

quote:

quote:

"Sort of off topic but has anyone realized that there is a small minority of men that hookup with the majority of women? It is the alpha types that comprise that minority. So when it relates to our foot fetish which is intertwined with hooking up it is in our best interest to be that alpha minority.

The above statement might be a little hard for some to take if they're in the majority. But then ask yourself....why stay there? "

I'm quoting myself above but I think this statement captures the spirit of this thread. Why be the guy in the majority that doesn't get alot of dates and doesn't get to explore his foot fetish ect. Theres alot of that here. Hell there'd be alot of women here that'd go out of business if all of the guys here weren't lonely.

I've read your post and I see that you think the alpha male theory is crap/fake ect. Thats great! But it'd be better if you provided a better way. So assuming that you have lots of success with women how do you propose we solve the above problem. Also assuming that most men would rather be in the group that has multiple options when it comes to women.

Do tell. And use examples to bolster your credibility.

GQ

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by GQguy:
quote:
quote:

quote:
I agree.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Yes.

quote:

quote:

"Sort of off topic but has anyone realized that there is a small minority of men that hookup with the majority of women? It is the alpha types that comprise that minority. So when it relates to our foot fetish which is intertwined with hooking up it is in our best interest to be that alpha minority.

The above statement might be a little hard for some to take if they're in the majority. But then ask yourself....why stay there? "

I'm quoting myself above but I think this statement captures the spirit of this thread. Why be the guy in the majority that doesn't get alot of dates and doesn't get to explore his foot fetish ect. Theres alot of that here. Hell there'd be alot of women here that'd go out of business if all of the guys here weren't lonely.

I've read your post and I see that you think the alpha male theory is crap/fake ect. Thats great! But it'd be better if you provided a better way. So assuming that you have lots of success with women how do you propose we solve the above problem. Also assuming that most men would rather be in the group that has multiple options when it comes to women.

Do tell. And use examples to bolster your credibility.

GQ

his "girlfriend" lives on a different continent

he has never spoken to her in person, he has never touched her, he might meet her next christmas

if that doesn't scream BETA i don't know what does

him arguing this is downright laughable and trying to convince him to think alpha is as hopeless as trying to convince lexington steele to fuck men on camera instead of women

he only puts down the alpha mindset because it is something he could never understand

his posts in this thread should be ignored

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

[Laugh] [Thumbs Up]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The cornered "alpha".

So...you can't respond to any of my points without being proven wrong? That doesn't suggest a flawed logic?

Oh, I love that response.

Thanks.

[ July 20, 2009, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

The cornered "alpha".

So...you can't respond to any of my points without being proven wrong? That doesn't suggest a flawed logic?

Thanks.

I was hoping you'd address my post. For the betterment of the community.

GQ

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out:

Between Batman and Robin, who's the alpha? That's exactly what I thought, too. Robin is often overlooked because he is Batman's what?.... Sidekick. In other words, Beta. Alpha's get the glory just like Batman baskets in all of the glory. People know more, and care more, or respect the alphas more than the Betas. Everyone knows that Batman's real name is Bruce Wayne. How many people (especially women) know the real name of Robin? It's Dick Grayson, but people who are not really into comic books will not come up with that name off the top of their heads. Why? Robin is not Alpha. If Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson walked into the same club at the same time, Robin will be the one following Batman around like a lost puppy. Bruce Wayne wins again. Why? I'll let you figure that out for yourselves. Whatever answers you come up with, those are the reasons why Alphas are better than Betas.

But let's get away from the females for a second. Who do the people turn to when the city is in shambles -- Batman or Robin? That's right, they turn to Batman more than they do his sidekick Robin.

Why? You people already know. Whatever answers you have, that equals Alpha.

I rest my case.

Who knew that something as simple as cartoons can reflect so much with what reality brings to light?

--National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. It's an overly simplistic theory. Treating this subject in such black-and-white, "alpha vs. beta" terms is silly.

The alpha male model is frequently useful in the animal kingdom, sure, but extrapolating it into the world of human relations is not so straightforward. Wolves, lions, hyenas...what comprises their lives? Eating, shitting, and fucking. Falls a bit short of the vast spectrum of human behavior, human emotion, and sheer human variety, doesn't it?

In fact, one needn't even jump straight to humans in order to appreciate how complex an issue it is. The lesser primates are more than capable of proving this to us. Bonobos are actually an outright matriarchal society. The community is dominated by female alliances.

Enter homo sapiens, with brains infinitely more complicated and nuanced than the apes. We haven't been among the "eat, shit, and fuck" crowd for over 100,000 years. "Alpha male vs beta male" in the human context is too simplistic.

Someone who is "alpha" in one social context may be anything but in a different context. The great poets, writers, musicians, and artists of the ages likely would fail if forced to lead in a business or other contradictory setting. But they are still great. They're immortalized. And I assure you, many of them fucked their fair share of ladies. I don't think you have to obsess over being some kind of arbitrary, WWE-inspired "alpha male" in order to achieve greatness and get some pussy. So many roads to greatness...they don't all have to involve Axe Body Spray.

I mean, the term originated to help illustrate hierarchies within animal communities, usually no more than, what, like 15 members? Obviously there are still 'leaders' in human societies, but to pretend that the non-leaders or 'betas' in metropolises of 100,000 people or more are all the same, or are all going to be as deprived as some flea-bitten wolf runt, is far from accurate. Many of them are probably doing so well for themselves that I almost have to question if the distinction is even worth applying at all, when it comes to humans. We're talking an entire spectrum here. Not just alpha vs beta, black vs white.

<end rant>

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
quote:

The cornered "alpha".

Thanks.

when you argue with a fool, you become a fool yourself

this is out of your league

i like how you are dodging gqguy's post, it shows your "e-vendetta" against me, along with your sig [Tongue]

[ July 21, 2009, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Michael P ]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

18th Floor
Elite Trooper
Member # 35007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18th Floor   Email 18th Floor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The great poets, writers, musicians, and artists of the ages likely would fail if forced to lead in a business or other contradictory setting. But they are still great. They're immortalized. And I assure you, many of them fucked their fair share of ladies. I don't think you have to obsess over being some kind of arbitrary, WWE-inspired "alpha male" in order to achieve greatness and get some pussy. So many roads to greatness...they don't all have to involve Axe Body Spray.

Alpha males don't just put on AXE Body Spray. We put on Acqua Di Gio from Giorgio Armani, John Varvatos, Bora Bora ... you know, the stuff men put on regardless of their status as being alpha or beta. Any guy, leading practically any kind of lifestyle is going to get laid. Alphas tend to get more action. Poets, musicians, artists ... aren't these people getting laid more than the average Joe already, especially poets, musicians, and artists? All betas are not geeks. Most betas lead good lives where they are able to make ends meet to support themselves. It's just that alphas have higher self esteem than betas, they are leaders instead of followers. And how? Go back to the links I provided in my last message to get a better sense of how we are the more attended to by the females and our male buddies. Until you do so, you will be stuck on this image that we are cavemen living in the industrialized movement where everything is still as black and white as it was when the cavemens literally yanked the women by their hairs and dragged them across the ground.

I think the word Alpha sounds to macho for some guys in here. We should just call it "men who have it better with women than the rest of the male population who do not want to understand why that is."

That Batman and Robin thing pretty much summed this topic up. I can assure you Bruce Wayne puts on something more sophisticated than AXE body spray, though there's nothing wrong with using such a thing. I like BOD body spray, too. I think musicians put on AXE quite often.

In any event, that was a great post you posted, Vanderfeet. I respect your point of view, though I'm siding with the alpha.

Posts: 448 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Eh. It's an overly simplistic theory. Treating this subject in such black-and-white, "alpha vs. beta" terms is silly.

The alpha male model is frequently useful in the animal kingdom, sure, but extrapolating it into the world of human relations is not so straightforward. Wolves, lions, hyenas...what comprises their lives? Eating, shitting, and fucking. Falls a bit short of the vast spectrum of human behavior, human emotion, and sheer human variety, doesn't it?

In fact, one needn't even jump straight to humans in order to appreciate how complex an issue it is. The lesser primates are more than capable of proving this to us. Bonobos are actually an outright matriarchal society. The community is dominated by female alliances.

Enter homo sapiens, with brains infinitely more complicated and nuanced than the apes. We haven't been among the "eat, shit, and fuck" crowd for over 100,000 years. "Alpha male vs beta male" in the human context is too simplistic.

Someone who is "alpha" in one social context may be anything but in a different context. The great poets, writers, musicians, and artists of the ages likely would fail if forced to lead in a business or other contradictory setting. But they are still great. They're immortalized. And I assure you, many of them fucked their fair share of ladies. I don't think you have to obsess over being some kind of arbitrary, WWE-inspired "alpha male" in order to achieve greatness and get some pussy. So many roads to greatness...they don't all have to involve Axe Body Spray.

I mean, the term originated to help illustrate hierarchies within animal communities, usually no more than, what, like 15 members? Obviously there are still 'leaders' in human societies, but to pretend that the non-leaders or 'betas' in metropolises of 100,000 people or more are all the same, or are all going to be as deprived as some flea-bitten wolf runt, is far from accurate. Many of them are probably doing so well for themselves that I almost have to question if the distinction is even worth applying at all, when it comes to humans. We're talking an entire spectrum here. Not just alpha vs beta, black vs white.

<end rant>

nobody is alpha in all facets of life, and there will always be someone more alpha

obama wouldn't be much of an alpha male if he tried playing baseball, you know what i mean if you saw his pitch at the all star game

musicians like michael jackson were alphas in their career, but outside of music and entertainment he more than likely was a beta

it's all about learning to be more alpha within your own life and the people around you, even if it's the fast food restaurant a person works at or just around his 10 unemployed friends [Wink]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by 18th Floor:

I think the word Alpha sounds to macho for some guys in here. We should just call it "men who have it better with women than the rest of the male population who do not want to understand why that is."

i think this sums it up

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links