Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Best video game ever (best first time playing - not overall) (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Best video game ever (best first time playing - not overall)
Mickey G
Board Regular
Member # 39263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
resident evil 1 and heavy rain

[ May 17, 2010, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Mickey G ]

Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shook
All Pro Poster
Member # 12484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shook   Author's Homepage   Email shook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had played GTA Vice city when it came out years ago, but ended up buying it off steam a couple weeks ago on sale for $2.50. Great buy.

--------------------
Girls In Socks - Forum

Posts: 842 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breath of Fire 3. One of my favorite games.
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm dubious about those who are referencing modern games - can anyone have the perspective to see that another game felt better to play all those years ago than one you first played last weekend?

I think the same about music really - for me, I need the perspective to give a reasoned judgement rather than every week have a new "best game/song ever".

I've been enjoying COD MW2 recently, but still think I enjoyed games such as San Andreas more fully...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mickey G
Board Regular
Member # 39263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heavy rain is unlike any game i've ever played

infact the story is too good to be a game, it should've been a movie

Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Dead Redemption is highly fucking addictive...I'm on call now for work so this gives me the perfect excuse to just chill at home and play this nonstop [Smile]

The storyline is great, LOTS to do...some people call it the "GTA of the west" but I know with GTA I was bored in about 10 minutes...GTA encouraged you to kill and destroy shit which is fine but this is more mission based and trying to gain fame and honor by doing lets say more constructive things, such as skinning pelts off coyotes you shoot, or shooting down birds to get the sharpshooter challenge.

What I'm trying to say is I haven't been this addicted on a game that ISN'T Call of Duty [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
I'm dubious about those who are referencing modern games - can anyone have the perspective to see that another game felt better to play all those years ago than one you first played last weekend?

I think the same about music really - for me, I need the perspective to give a reasoned judgement rather than every week have a new "best game/song ever".

I've been enjoying COD MW2 recently, but still think I enjoyed games such as San Andreas more fully...

There are loads of games that came out over the years, from past to present, that were capable of capturing your total attention and sucking you in. I do think that some of the more modern era games, and I'm going to say modern area as Dreamcast/PS1 to presnt, gave users more of an ability to feel immersed into a game than many of the older side/top scrolling games did. But Zelda games have always managed to do this for me, even back to the first one.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just remembered another game that totally captured me when it was first released: TETRIS.
I played the 8-bit C64er version for weeks...not only for the great gameplay but also because this version had an amazing 25-minute-long soundtrack (with e-guitar samples)...pretty awesome for 1988!

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thedecline
Board Regular
Member # 39674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thedecline   Author's Homepage   Email Thedecline   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The list would be too long and I would no doubt self indulge with nostalgia. So thought I'd try a select list from my early love of video games through to today.
Super Mario Bros nes
double dragon arcade
the last ninja, Rambo, jet set willy C64
golden axe arcade
street fighter 2 snes
super mario world snes
link to the past snes
sonic the hedgehog megadrive
shadow of the beast amiga
crazy taxi dreamcast
resident evil 4 gamecube
grand theft auto 3, vice city PS2
tekken resident evil 1/2 gran turismo PS1
soul calibur dreamcast
shen mue dreamcast
grand theft auto 4, ballard of gay tony PS3
orcrina of time, goldeneye, mario kart 64 N64
street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 PS3
I'm playing through red dead revolver atm and loving it. Sorry for long unordered list these are all games I own except the arcade ones. These games all pinpoint parts of my life so much better than dates ever could. Missed out final fight arcade too lol.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doneforever
Elite Trooper
Member # 38637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doneforever   Email Doneforever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Resident Evil 1 hands down the game made me have nightmares when i was playing it all my room mates where watching me play a video game it was crazy.
Earthworm Jim close second

Need for speed was also awesome.

but my ultimate favorite game COD 4 5 and WaW [Cheers] [Cheers]

Posts: 302 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link's Awakening for the Gameboy. I was around 10 at the time. It blew my socks off, even now it's still got a magical aura of perfection around it.

Was the first game which made me get a bit teary too (that ending man! good heavens).

Other games have come close to that awesome feeling (HL2, Mario Galaxy).

Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Dead Redemption. I am now officially addicted. Although when I take a break from it I play the Modern Warfare 2 game, which also is a stellar game(online that is) [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SCARFACE on PS2, just rented it from the local video store a few days ago and was totally hooked from there. Tony Montana is "One Bad Mo'fo"

-

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
SCARFACE on PS2, just rented it from the local video store a few days ago and was totally hooked from there. Tony Montana is "One Bad Mo'fo"

-

I HATE YOU!

Haha

I got (a copy) of that game and it was fucking damaged so I got to the end of the first mission (approaching some bar or strip club - I can't remember) and the fucking fucking piece of fucking fuck froze up on me every time. Those first 5 minutes I was playing were ridiculously epic though.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:

-

Those first 5 minutes I was playing were ridiculously epic though.
Oh Hell Yeah... Your copy is damaged? Awww man, If it's just surface scratches, I suggest you get that skimmed pronto or even grap a cheap copy off e-bay or maybe even rent it from your local video store. This game is definately in my top 10 [Hump]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links